It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Get outta my head! lmao

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

So with that being said, if this dumb ass was wondering around new York, with no symptoms of infection in theory It did not spread to other people animals etc.

I am quite pissed thou I do not care how smart this doctor thinks he is, he put people at risk..

From a NYTimes Article

Dr. Spencer began to feel sluggish on Tuesday

Symptoms of Ebola include
•Fever
•Severe headache
•Muscle pain
Weakness
•Diarrhea
•Vomiting
•Abdominal (stomach) pain
•Unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising)
CDC

So by his own account, he was feeling sluggish, does that equate to weakness? It depends. If I were to say I was feeling sluggish, I would mean that as I was feeling weak/ tired. So he very well could have been displaying at least one symptom as early as Tuesday. It's just a matter of semantics.

Also, if he was asymptomatic on Tuesday and Wednesday, why were his two buddies put into quarantine?

Two other friends, who had contact with him on Tuesday and Wednesday, have been told by the authorities that they too will be quarantined
From the same NYTimes article....and it doesn't even start that sentence with "Out of an abundance of caution"

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

James Lawrenzi also has 4.5 stars for patient satisfaction so he must be a pretty good doctor. Why would he put his career on the line if his information wasn't credible? www.cassregional.org...

The absolute best argument I've seen today.
Thank you!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OkieDokie

Yep.
And if he wasn't communicable at the bowling alley.... Why shut it down?

Ohhhhh.. Abundance of caution strikes again.

It is really hard to take the authorities seriously.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The simple fact is, Ebola in London or NY could be as devastating for us as it has been for West Africa. The complaceny of the media right now is unbeleiveable.

Where is the integrity of our public broadcasters? Human integrity? Do they not care that we are teetering on the edge of a massive global pandemic? They should be telling us to prepare! The only way to stop this virus from spreading is if we make the effort to inform each other about the potential risks! Playing them down and lulling the masses into a false sense of security is criminal!

edit on 24-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
he may have been feeling jet lag but I hear ya...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am pretty sure he was feeling ebola. Mainly because he has it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You are post 666.

Back on topic; this doctor knew what he was doing. "I'm going to jog three miles in a public park, go bowling and eat at a restaurant after I start exhibiting symptoms in the most densely packed urban area in America," says the guy that just came back from west Africa almost precisely after his in initial exposure time frame.

People thought Duncan was bad. This guy takes the cake. Oh and that semen. Lol. Just like pham's boyfriend this girl has it. Where is pham's boyfriend? Who knows....
edit on 24-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Right...bingo...as the good doc last night stated (the only mainstream media talking head I've seen talk honest about this)...it's not a binary disease. You're not "un-infectious" and then all of a sudden "infectious". Your "infectiousness" (I made that up) increases as your sickness increases. So they keep chanting their mantra he was not "symptomatic" until yesterday morning when he either had

103 temp OR
100.3 temp

but HE HAS EBOLA...so when he was feeling "sluggish" or "off" or "wonky" or "not himself" he was sick. PERIOD. And they don't know if he was infectious yet or not, so they need to STFU. That has been my stance all along and will be going forward. STFU if you don't know. Stop saying this BS as if it is cold-hard fact. Right now you THINK that if they don't cap *some moving target of temperature* then they are not "infectious" enough to be "infectious". YOU DON'T KNOW! STFU!

P.S. The pronoun "you" is being used to refer to "all those flapping lip idiots in semi-kinda-make-believe-charge" not butcherguy!!!!

edit on 10-24-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well I am not going to be quick to judge on exactly when this guy was showing infection symptoms. I am guessing he would not be bowling with ebola infection symptoms...

Yet I guess when you got a guy with ebola walking around a city over 8 million people in it not counting the rats you get hysteria...

I get it.. Yet I think we dodged the bullet, with this idiot..

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

te]

Well I am not going to be quick to judge on exactly when this guy was showing infection symptoms. I am guessing he would not be bowling with ebola infection symptoms...

Yet I guess when you got a guy with ebola walking around a city over 8 million people in it not counting the rats you get hysteria...

I get it.. Yet I think we dodged the bullet, with this idiot..

1. Why would you "guess" that he wouldn't bowl with ebola infection symptoms? He jogged, bowled and went out to eat with them. He has already admitted he was feeling bad. Why in the wide-wide-world-of-sports would you guess he wouldn't do it? He did it.

2. You're kind of premature on assuming any bullet dodged yet, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He probably rationalized it as jet lag which feels similar to the flu. He shouldn't have written it off as that, it was a gamble and he should have played it safe and not gone out. His going jogging is telling as they say the best way to get over jet lag is to go out either in the morning or afternoon depending on what direction you traveled. I guess he was optimistic that it was just the jet lag that he was feeling which was definitely the wrong choice.

STM
edit on 24-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

do not troll me please go out and take a break from ats.. Your way to emotional about my opinions on a forum..

I can guess and have an opinion on a forum..

Take my opinion with the others and do not get emotion or personal about it please. That is why we have a star system, to weed out trolls and try and keep topics on topic...

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think we dodged the bullet, with this idiot..

Way too early to tell!

Besides, there could be another case like him tommorow.
Its not like theyre closing the effing borders!

link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
The simple fact is, Ebola in London or NY could be as devastating for us as it has been for West Africa. The complaceny of the media right now is unbeleiveable.

Where is the integrity of our public broadcasters? Human integrity? Do they not care that we are teetering on the edge of a massive padmemic global pandemic? They should be telling people to prepare! The only way to stop the virus from spreading is if we make the effort to inform each other aboht the risks! Playing them down and lulling the masses into a false sense of security is criminal!

It just seems to me that msm is situated in the administration's back pocket at this time. That position makes it difficult for them to report things that might reflect badly on on the administration or any friends of the administration, like Big Pharma or any other corporate entity that hands over massive amounts of campaign donations. To get to the root of the problem you have only to look and listen to the advertisements of those sponsoring the news.
We've seen numerous stories of correspondents and reporters who have left their jobs due to the pressure put on them from above when their information didn't match what the administration wanted spread. We've seen several people come forward and say that the White House was approving each and every report before it could be broadcast.
Welcome to our Fascist US, fully owned and operated by the Corporate Overlords and their loyal minions in the media, for the benefit of the political party, you know, THE PARTY---the one who claims to be two parties.

link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Valhall is right imho. You shouldn't have such a thin skin. Take it easy, ATS is for all opinions just move with it and state your opinions. Everyone is upset about Ebola and the lax way our govt. is keeping it and TB and the new mystery polio from our midst.

STM

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Anyafaj
I believe she's offered to but as of last week was not a match for anyone.

That and I'm not sure whether she got a transfusion herself or not either (losing track). I'm thinking not.

It would seem she DID get two transfusions, but NOT survivor transfusion, just regular blood transfusions. (Probably to replace blood she was losing.) She has offered to donate blood, but has yet to match a blood type with an Ebola victim, thus far. (I did a bing search "Did Nancy Writebol donate blood".)

An interview with Nancy Writebol and Science Magazine.org
edit on 10/24/2014 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Where has Saul been all this time?

Why call in the de-contamination teams when Saul is just a bus ride away.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Besides, there could be another case like him tommorow.
Its not like theyre closing the effing borders!

Well the governors of NJ and NY are making a good start. Finally someone with balls.

NY, New Jersey Issue Stronger Ebola Quarantine

The governors of New Jersey and New York say they're issuing a mandatory quarantine for travelers who have had contact with Ebola-infected patients in West Africa.

drwill also posted this in the other thread about this...

NEW YORK, N.Y. – The governors of New Jersey and New York on Friday ordered a mandatory, 21-day quarantine for all doctors and other arriving travellers who have had contact with Ebola victims in West Africa...

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the case led them to conclude that the two states need guidelines more rigorous than those of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which recommends monitoring exposed people for 21 days but doesn’t require quarantine, in which people are kept away from others, either at home or some other place.

“It’s too serious a situation to leave it to the honour system of compliance,” Cuomo said.

Dr. Howard Zucker, acting New York state health commissioner, said that any medical personnel who have treated Ebola patients in the three Ebola-ravaged West African countries – Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia – “will be automatically quarantined.”

However, Doctors Without Borders frowns on mandatory quarantine:

Doctors Without Borders, the group Spencer was working for, said in a statement that that would be going too far. People with Ebola aren’t contagious until symptoms begin, and even then it requires close contact with body fluids.
As long as a returned staff member does not experience any symptoms, normal life can proceed,” the organization said in a statement.

Aid organizations also warned that many health care volunteers wouldn’t go to Ebola hot zones if they knew they would be confined to their homes for three weeks after they got back.

[Source][ed itby]edit on 10/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Anyafaj
I believe she's offered to but as of last week was not a match for anyone.

That and I'm not sure whether she got a transfusion herself or not either (losing track). I'm thinking not.

It would seem she DID get two transfusions, but NOT survivor transfusion, just regular blood transfusions. (Probably to replace blood she was losing.) She has offered to donate blood, but has yet to match a blood type with an Ebola victim, thus far. (I did a bing search "Did Nancy Writebol donate blood".)

An interview with Nancy Writebol and Science Magazine.org

Plasma is pretty much universal and wouldn't that work as well? That seems dumb

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join