It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Lanisius

The Duncan family is Ebola free. I repeat, the Duncan family is Ebola free. A group of people that had close and intimate contact with him ... Ebola free. This, to me, can only mean one thing, the Ebola threat is either way way way over hyped or not real.

Methinks something else is afoot & not Ebola.

I can't take that as absolute truth. Where is the Duncan family. Have you seen them? I have not. Just press releases written by professionals, and gossip of who is in control of his medical records for an upcoming book and lawsuit.

I'd like to see this ebola free family do a presser. Thank the city of Dallas for trying to save Duncan, even though he lied to get get to Dallas, causing 2 other people (that we know of) to also get ebola.

I'm sure every publication of any merit has a standing offer of big bucks for an interview...none yet...why is that?

Des

I can't tell you exactly what's going on with the family but Fox4 news showed a clip of the family and friends standing around outside complaining about Texas Health not being honest with Duncan's condition. How the hospital wouldn't release reports, how Duncan was a human being who didn't get treated as well as the other Ebola patients, etc...Louise's children were there but Louise was NOT. Where was she? Her friend, who is now her spokesperson, said it was Louise's DEATH, oops, her EMOTIONAL DEATH that still has her staying out of the spotlight. Huh?!

I only caught this segment briefly but I'm going to keep looking and, hopefully, I can report more details or clarify what this was all about. It's just weird to me that she wasn't there.

Very interesting if true because they keep trotting out how she slept in the same bed as Duncan and STILL didn't get Ebola, THAT'S how safe it is. If this is true, this ruins their little party line they've been replaying over and over. Thanks for the update texasgirl! (very sad for the family if it's true to have to play to media as if she is alive. Can you imagine???

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

originally posted by: MrLimpet

What happened to common sense?

Shocking moment bumbling cops leave Ebola doctor's apartment and dump their protective gloves and masks in a sidewalk trash can

New York City police officers were sent to mark of Dr. Craig Spencer's Harlem apartment building today

After the officers were done, they were seen throwing their gloves, masks and caution tape in a public trash can on the street

source

video at link above

Great way to help spread the love especially to the homeless! Unbelievable that the medics who are supposedly trained on their waste with Ebola would intentionally dispose of their contaminated gear in a public trash can! What part of a serious threat do they not understand!!!

So much for the doctors, governor and mayor saying they're so much better than Dallas. Doesn't look it to me.

I heard on the news this morning that NY officials are the process of talking to Dallas for advise.

Mr. NY Gov. needing advise from "we are better than Dallas". Go figure!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Still wondering if they're 1.) going to move him and 2.) getting Brantly blood.

If he's as sick as that one nurse reported as saying, how late is too late for blood plasma measures? Honestly curious? I wonder if the WHO even knows. I'm sure they'll try it anyway. And poor Brantly, he's given so much blood at this point, by the time the year is over, he'll be recognized as the biggest donor of the year by the Red Cross! I'm almost hoping Doctor Idiot isn't Brantly's blood type, but maybe Nurse Whitehall(?)'s to give poor Brantly a break! Every time you see him in the media he looks like a pale, gaunt ghost! Give the man time to get over Ebola for crying out loud! It's not like the flu where you're up and about and flush the next week. (or is it???)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

I don't think they are completely certain about anything.

They just tell the public they are.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I think Writebol was very very sick too. But Ishe didn't get blood. She did get the serum.

Brantly isn't looking all that healthy to me either, definitely not compared to Writebol or Pham. Or even the journalist or other doc who went to Nebraska.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: drwill

He's expected to give a statement at 11:30 EST

Editor's note: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is scheduled to give an update on Ebola patient Craig Spencer at 11:30 am ET, according to @NYCMayorsOffice.

But first he had to do this.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio rides the subway in wake of 1st Ebola patient in effort to reassure New Yorkers' safety - @NYCMayorsOffice

Ahh, but now we're ALL dying to know, was it the A, the 1, or the L train???? Because, me, it has to be the one the "good" doc rode the night before and infected quite heartily.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I live on Long Island. I was nervous when it was in dallas, worried when that nurse went to ohio, and now scared that its in NYC, which is the only way to leave the island by car/foot.

I really dont understand why we couldnt use a hospital ship of some sort to quarantine people returning from west africa/ come into contact with possibly ebola victims.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CatLady3912

I'd like to know how the officials at the CDC plan to do contact tracing in the NY subway system.....because it would be impossible.

Absolutely impossible.

And Butcherguy - stop hating cats!

Next to impossible.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Seriously? Seriously!!!!

Leave it up to the New York Times.

Can You Get Ebola From a Bowling Ball?

Although the surface of a shared bowling ball is a likely place to find germs — and some people avoid bowling for this very reason — it is extremely unlikely that Ebola could be passed that way. There is no evidence that it has been passed, as colds or flu sometimes are, by touching surfaces that someone else touched after sneezing into their hand. Ebola is normally passed through contact with blood, vomit or diarrhea.

If someone left blood, vomit or feces on a bowling ball, and the next person to touch it did not even notice, and then put his fingers into his eyes, nose or mouth, it might be possible.

link

In case you missed it. "There is no evidence that it has been passed"

edit on 24-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

a reply to: Destinyone

I was in Canada a few days ago visiting family when a morning news report came on, showed and stated that the Duncan family was free of Ebola and released. The family is angry because due to the quarantine their home had been "cleaned" and yet they cannot return, they're essentially homeless now. So they are looking to sue.

After the report we kind of looked around at each other like, this supposed Ebola scare is more than likely a hoax.

www.cnn.com...
www.wfaa.com...
abcnews.go.com...

Meanwhile Texas Health, or whoever it is, is giving them 6 months rent and security deposit to help them find a new place and get their life back together. Considering one rumor I heard was that they were in eviction proceedings to begin with due to late rent and a filthy apartment BEFORE the Ebola fiasco, (if true), they should consider themselves blessed. As well donations pouring in to replace their belongings they lost in sanitation. How about instead of suing (Who are they going to sue? Mom's fiancé who almost infected all of them, because he thought he could get cured here in the states? Too late, not to speak ill of the deceased, but you can't sue a ghost.) Sue Jessie or Al. They've got plenty to go around and don't really give a rat's behind about you, only increasing their popularity.

FYI - I was only reporting what the news clip was saying. Regarding the family themselves It's possible they're selfish and lousy tenants however I still don't think Ebola is what's at play here. We may never really know what T.Duncan died from but I don't think it was Ebola IMO. Too many people are coming up Ebola free or being "cured" from it.

My reply was nothing against you. I don't mean to imply it was. I apologize if it came across that way. It was more a rant against the greediness of the family. I can semi understand possibly suing the hospital IF they were lied to about the care their loved one was receiving, supposedly they were not notified when he died, etc...., but it's a HUGE IF. But as I said earlier, part of their complaint is they're homeless. Well truthfully they have Duncan to thank for that, no one else. And again, if they were in eviction proceedings with the landlord, that part would have been inevitable anyway, eventually. So to get 6 months rent AND security, as well as replacement items. I lived in a black mold infested apartment for 13 1/2 years and had to throw out $7000 worth of furniture. No one replaced my items, nor was I given 6 months rent and security! I was homeless, period! I had to go move in with my sister in order to survive. She thought she was getting Cinderella. After 3 years of living there and trying to save money, I'm now living on my own in PA.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Yet one person that came back from Africa with ebola claims that he got it while disinfecting a car that had an ebola positive person in it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Okay, me not being a medical professional, but just someone who likes to logically work through things, you can weigh this thought for what it's worth....

My opinion is that the blood type is going to play a key role in the medical profession learning:

1. Who is more susceptible,
2. Who can become "infectious" more easily (or at all),
3. ...some type of preventive measure (i.e. vaccination, whatever).

I don't think it's a conspiracy...I think it's a clue to what's phsyiologically happening with this disease.
edit on 10-24-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I guess I should rephrase that though to...it's not necessarily my opinion, but it's damned sure my sincere hope!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy are you talking about the reporter?? do you have more info about that? a link? not questioning what you said but, I vaguely remember something like that mentioned......this whole new york thing...time will surely tell

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
That case sticks in my mind. Because it goes against everything the CDC has preached for months.
If it's true, let's hope the NYC taxi driver wears PPE when he cleans his vehicle.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I'm calling BS. They are not in hazmat suits, they are in their regular police gear. Are we even sure he is coming out of their apartment? These is also how you deal with a bloody victim.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It seems those pushing the immigration issue have forgotten history. Do a little google search on Ellis Island. Yes, the US has a wonderful history as a 'melting pot' but we also quarantined immigrants and sent them back to their country of origin if they could not care for themselves or were (gasp) immoral.

www.federalobserver.com...

www.loc.gov...

www.maggieblanck.com...

Just a few of the links I found when I googled ellis island quarantine.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Anyafaj

I think Writebol was very very sick too. But Ishe didn't get blood. She did get the serum.

Brantly isn't looking all that healthy to me either, definitely not compared to Writebol or Pham. Or even the journalist or other doc who went to Nebraska.

I must have been wrong. I could have sworn I heard she donated at least once, maybe twice. I've read so many threads in here, I might have saw a comment that made speculation about, and it mish mashed with other discussions going on. If so I apologize.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Made it upstate. I guess considering it was a positive test result I was correct in leaving. Good move on my part.

Halloween is coming up, that worries me. Congregations, the sniffles, people handing out candy face to face. Yes this will be real fun....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: butcherguy are you talking about the reporter?? do you have more info about that? a link? not questioning what you said but, I vaguely remember something like that mentioned......this whole new york thing...time will surely tell

Here you go:
ABC News

The American journalist with Ebola who arrived at a Nebraska hospital today believes that he may have gotten infected when he got splashed while spray-washing a vehicle where someone had died from the disease.

But you can't get it in a bowling alley or a bus...

edit on b000000312014-10-24T12:05:16-05:0012America/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 12:05:16 -05001200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join