It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats' Coming Blame Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Seems we keep hearing from Democrat candidates at all levels how they are distancing themselves from Obama.

Many appear to be going *against* the grain and some even won't "admit" they voted for Obama and won't admit they support Obama 100%.

Are Democrats really this desperate this year?

I don't buy the rhetoric because I believe they will go right back to supporting Obama after the elections whether they win or lose.

You would think campaign issues would focus on better issues than just Obama.

One story seems to think Democrats are setting up a "blame" defense should Republicans actually win more seats in Congress.

Even the Democratic National Committee is displaying some "distancing" tactics this year without really emphasizing any issues that affect the majority of the population.

Very strange this year. Very Odd.

Less than two weeks before Election Day, Democrats are bracing for losses — and are already quietly trying to shift the blame.

Years of disappointment and tension between Democrats and their president are now on open display as politicians, party leaders and strategists worried about their chances in the midterm elections begin casting about for someone to blame.

.... On Wednesday morning, Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz refused to endorse the president's contention that the Nov. 4 vote would be a referendum on his agenda, coming within a whisker of an outright contradiction.

The Democrats' Coming Blame Game

here's a gem example ...

Unlike some Democratic Senate candidates, incumbent Mark Begich of Alaska is willing to say he voted for President Obama.

But he’s also found a way to distance himself from the president, who is unpopular in reddish Alaska.

“I did (vote for him), but that’s irrelevant,” Begich told the Washington Examiner. “The president’s not relevant. He’s gone in two years.”

Sen. Mark Begich: Obama is 'not relevant

But what happens for those "2 years" Senator?????

edit on Oct-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Democrats don't think people should be held accountable for their own actions, ever. Do you think they'd make an exception for themselves?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What's left for the Dem's to blame on any and everyone else ?? that's what they do on a daily bases when there all out of lies.

If they are going to blame BUSH for loosing the Senate, the only people that will be listening is the dolt choir that makes up there base anyway so who cares what mentality challenged BS they come up with...we have been listening to it for 6 years, nothing new.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Democrats don't think people should be held accountable for their own actions, ever. Do you think they'd make an exception for themselves?

Yeah like Republicans held Bush accountable lol...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
What's left for the Dem's to blame on any and everyone else ?? that's what they do on a daily bases when there all out of lies.

If they are going to blame BUSH for loosing the Senate, the only people that will be listening is the dolt choir that makes up there base anyway so who cares what mentality challenged BS they come up with...we have been listening to it for 6 years, nothing new.

Because no one in history ever sank the economy like Bush did.

He will go down in history, whether republicans admit or not.
edit on 10/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is only new to people that has been hiding under a rock for the last 50 yrs.

It happens every year and done by both parties.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just more of the same old thing, team pro politicians doing what politicians do, lay blame, deny, avoid direct answers. You got to love the US of A we have the best politicians money can buy, just ask our billionaires!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

He will go down in history as the president that made Jimmy Carter look competent.
The first affirmative action president.
Whether the dems want to admit it or not.

(post by ScientiaFortisDefendit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is only new to people that has been hiding under a rock for the last 50 yrs.

It happens every year and done by both parties.

But no Democrats distanced themselves or criticized Obama in the 2012, the 2010, or the 2008 elections.

In fact Democrats supported Obama 100% then.

And, they actually had issues up for campaign discussion !!

Very confusing this year.

Can't put my finger on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This thread did make me think.

When was the last politician that held himself accountable for his actions?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuller?

Beuller?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yet "Bush" had the unemployment rate down to 4.4% in 2006 I think.

Now why would "Bush" want to kill off that accomplishment?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: luciddream

Ladies and gentleman, fellow ATSers, let me introduce your assigned Obama shill for this thread. Big round of applause.

If we you expecting a circle jerk and bandwagon of republicans in this thread, sorry not gonna happen. Sorry to burst your republican bubble :/

Truth be told, I am a RINO, only to be able to vote in the primaries - Shhh, don't tell anyone. I'm actually a Libertarian/Constitutionalist, so go ahead and start that circle jerk without me.

edit on 23-10-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thats all bush did? lol

Its funny his supporters still believe in his WMD and AXIS of Evil and other bullcrap.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Libertarian/Constitutionalist? So many hardcore republicans hiding in that party, it might as well be a republican platform.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This could be a decent discussion. You've made your point with your "Yeah, but Bush . . ." response, can we get back?

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (The head of the DNC) has predicted that Democrats will retake the House of Representatives. Polls indicate that approximately 1/4 of Americans agree with her. Unfortunately, there isn't a single news organization or polling group out there (including the Daily Kos, Huffington Post, New York Times, and Washington Post) who give that any chance at all of happening.

It is also conceded that Democrats will lose some Senate seats.

So when all of this happens, how will DWS, and 1/4 of Americans explain it? Will they say the election was bought? Tough, as the Democrats are spending more than the Republicans? Fraud at the polls? What, and reopen voter ID as an issue?

How will you explain it, when the Republicans pick up a larger majority in the House, and seats in the Senate (quite possibly enough to win the Senate)?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In my humble opinion neither party are ever held accountable for their own actions. I just wish we could feel good about the whichever candidate we pick, be it Democrat or Republican. Is it impossible to ever have a candidate that we feel good about voting for? For me I try to figure out who is the lesser evil of the two.

I know we all have different reasons for voting for a particular party. Yet at the same time the people we vote for does not help any of the problems as they promised that we, "as Americans" are facing every day. So we the American people start finger pointing at each other over their choice.

In reality will anything ever change or are we going to continue on this same path of destruction that America has been on? I may have worded that all wrong, for some may like the path we are on and some of us don't. I am in the latter group!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thank you for making my point for me (dolt choir).

You know Bush's House and Senate were Democrats the last two years, why is it they did nothing for two years to stop the horrible BUSH...OH wait a minute, they did nothing the next two years either except destroy the medical insurance industry.

I understand with nothing to put up as an Obama accomplishment (that's a joke) you have to beat a dead horse, I do feel sorry for the Dems and there shills, it must be saddening when all your talking points are nothing but" BLAME BUSH " that's all we got.

edit on 23-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's called politics, if the gop is going to run on the "we hate obama" platform and nothing else then the dems have no choice but to do the same.
It's all a show and we all know it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join