It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Scientist's Deathbed Show & Tell!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

originally posted by: Char-Lee

That "interviewer" has his own agenda.

It is very strange how a man can have a degree in science and people who have not worked for prestigious corporations like Lockheed still feel they can decide someone is not a "REAL" scientist. There are many kinds of people in science as everywhere. So now he is not a scientist because of who did this one interview..wow!

I suppose your post is directed toward me, but I don't see how exposing an interviewer has any bearing on if Bushman is a scientist, "real" or not. In fact, I do consider him a scientist (and a "Senior" scientist at that if you count his AARP membership). I was merely responding to previous posts regarding the interviewer and his coming across as a jerk.

As I've mentioned before, Bushman's advanced age has reduced his credibility. He makes errors in some of his statements and contradictions in others.

Examples:

1) Remembering the Phoenix Lights as occurring two years ago, when in fact it was 17 years ago.

2) Confusing "telluride" with (I'm assuming) the element "tellurium".

3) Not understanding the slowing of a magnet dropped through a copper tube as a demonstration of Lenz's law (formulated in 1833).

4) In one interview, the Roswell UFO being shot down by a pilot flying a "propeller driven airplane" and in another interview by "the fastest jet available at the time".

5) His (seemingly) wide-eyed fascination and complete lack of understanding of how the "celt" (rattleback) toy operates despite this knowledge being widely understood in scientific circles.

I could go on, but I hope you get my drift.

Sorry but you're wrong. You want to claim otherwise?

Definition of TELLURIDE

: a binary compound of tellurium with a more electropositive element or group

He made no error.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Talk about number 3

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is a video postcard.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Definition of TELLURIDE : a binary compound of tellurium with a more electropositive element or group

Exactly. Tellruide is a compound, not an element. Bushman called it an element. An important distinction, not necessarily to a layman but certainly to a scientist.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Definition of TELLURIDE : a binary compound of tellurium with a more electropositive element or group

Exactly. Tellruide is a compound, not an element. Bushman called it an element. An important distinction, not necessarily to a layman but certainly to a scientist.

He used the term element in the generic form as an "component of construction" when referring to what the craft were comprised of. It's a fairly good bet he knew the difference between.

Element

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I am not sure what he was trying to say, clearly he was in a relaxed rambling state remember he died not long later. But if he said they lived 68 light years away, he did not say what rate of speed they they travel.

The PionEER 10 space mission calculated a precise trajectory that used the gravity wells of the planets in a rare alignment to accelerate the ship to 51,682 km/h. After traversing all those gravity wells the ship is headed towards the star Aldebaran, currently located at a distance of about 68 light years. If Aldebaran had zero relative velocity, it would require more than two million years for the spacecraft to reach it.

There is a nuclear power plant on Pioneer 10 that may still be operating, the antennae was turned away from Earth so that amateur radio operators could no longer communicate. Have we heard the last from Pioneer 10?

"as tight-lipped as an Aldebaran shellmouth,"

edit on 26-10-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
How many on this thread have ever witnessed an actual UFO in full view ...I have in June 1992 with two orbiting drones spheres that connected into the main craft and then imploded..seeing is believing I need no further proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: parker
Was the craft piloted by rubber dolls? What does your experience have to do with the veracity of the info in this OP?

I've seen some #, that doesn't mean every claim is therefore true.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: parker
How many on this thread have ever witnessed an actual UFO in full view ...I have in June 1992 with two orbiting drones spheres that connected into the main craft and then imploded..seeing is believing I need no further proof.

i have witnessed a landed ufo about half a mile in diameter which subsequently lifted off heading straight for us. .forcing myself and my family to jump in the car and get the hell outta there!

OG

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
You're close. Only missed by a factor of 1,000. Maybe you don't understand the criticism of his 'science' because you don't understand the science. That seems very possible.

?
Are you refering to my quote from a science website.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have no idea. What quote from what website?

It's like this, at lightspeed it would take one year to travel one light year. That's kinda what light year means.

edit on 26-10-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: format

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Here is a video postcard.

Cool. Does it have to do with the rotation of the earth? Newtonian Defiance!

@3:15 folks....is he giving us a load?

edit on 26-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I have no idea.

I completely agree. Just remember that we don't know how fast ets can travel.

Or if they travel space in a linear fashion at all.

OG
edit on 10-26-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Cool sighting OG that's a huge craft you and your family must have been terrified, it sure causes you to re evaluate what you know to be true and our place in it.was the craft metal? Or was it really bright. Did others observe it as well.
I get frustrated reading posts by people who are so sure that they are correct in calling the whole issue a hoax. I'm sure if you were like me you thought about what you saw for a long time. My sighting lasted about 4minutes and the object was radiating a very different color of fluorescent green and was the size of a softball held at arms length. Just before it imploded two smaller versions of the same craft came in from either side strobing that green color and then did a reverse drip up into the main craft..then it imploded. I was stunned and just stood there for a minute then phoned the radio station to see if anyone else saw it and 6 others had phoned in and mimicked my sighting.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: parker

pm me and ill tell you about it.

OG

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
@3:15 folks....is he giving us a load?
He's giving us a load in that video at other times, but the celt at 3:15 is just an interesting toy with interesting physics described here, so he somewhat demonstrates ignorance as a scientist when acting bedazzled by an object that has been studied by scientists and is relatively well-understood:

Rattleback

I see Shadoefax noticed this also:

5) His (seemingly) wide-eyed fascination and complete lack of understanding of how the "celt" (rattleback) toy operates despite this knowledge being widely understood in scientific circles.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there. Lets say Boyd Was telling the truth. If we can travel 68 light years in 45 min. Then that would mean all earth like planets within 68 light years Have been explored. So if u knew u had a means to escape to a fresh new planet. You could try and conquer the earth and if things didnt work out for u. You could just slip away to Gilese. Hmmm

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Seriously? Boyd B. again?

Bless the old guy, in spite of his gullibility and *potential* participation (there's no way to know if he was "in on the hoax" or not now) in shenanigans to finally get that recognition he apparently craved his whole life, let's let him R.I.P. shall we?

sigh...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planclength
Just throwing this out there. Lets say Boyd Was telling the truth. If we can travel 68 light years in 45 min. Then that would mean all earth like planets within 68 light years Have been explored. So if u knew u had a means to escape to a fresh new planet. You could try and conquer the earth and if things didnt work out for u. You could just slip away to Gilese. Hmmm

I always thought about the possibility that there is a plan b type of planet, or at the least some sort of elysium type habitat in space.

I mean if you have a lifeboat off this planet, you could really do whatever you want... scary to think about really.

OG

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join