It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Scientist's Deathbed Show & Tell!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

originally posted by: alldaylong

I think you are loosing the plot here.

If a human landed on Venus he would be crushed.

www.space.com...

Last time i checked Venus was a Planet. Unless you know different.

You're definitely incorrect.. just because another planet has an unbreathable atmosphere or it's mass is such that it's gravity is considerably higher has nothing to do with it .. the point is that ( at least in our galaxy ) the same laws of physics apply.. that's fact.

By your logic, just because we can't live in a volcano that it's laws of physics are different
no it's just a condition in which we couldn't survive..

No, i am not incorrect.

From the link i posted , and i quote:-

" The thick atmosphere of sulfuric acid gas is about 95 times greater than Earth's and would crush a human."

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: mbkennel

I'm calling a major overdose of bs !
To all debunkers !
Why would he damage a great proud lifetime of work for the sake of a YouTube video !

Suppose his heirs get paid?

For what ?
A YouTube video ?
Wow let's share the 10 dollar out !
You would love 5 %
Of this guys Area 51 knowledge !

Well this very well could be a setup for them to write a book about the life of their father.. so yeah I wouldn't exclude that possibility.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

a reply to: eriktheawful

I stopped reading when you said this, and i quote :-

" Physics on one planet, are the same on another. "

No, they are not. Human's cannot live on any other planet even within our own Solar System.

Even you know that.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Maybe we have a communication problem here.

Do you know what Physics is?

Gravity on one planet, will work the same way as on another planet.

Laws of motion, conservation, energy, etc, etc, will be the same on Mercury as here on Earth.

Physical conditions might be different, but the Laws of Motion will be the same.

If they were not: there is absolutely no way we cold ever have put a probe around another planet, or landed one on it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

www.space.com...

Yes, your'e right that if a person from Earth were to suddenly be exposed to the crushing pressure of the atmosphere on Venus, it would be a question of what happens first: Death by crushing or death by being broiled alive.

Does NOT change the fact that physics on Venus, work the same way as they do here. Or on the moon, or in orbit around Jupiter, or in orbit around Alpha Centuari, or on a planet in orbit around Sirius A.

Conditions might be different here on Earth. But not physics.

You also have NO idea what the conditions are suppose to be for the "alien" in the picture. Instead, you speculate that because he's small, his atmospheric pressure must be a lot less than here on Earth.
When science on the other hand says: he might be small because of gravity. Not atmospheric pressure.

So, insisting that the "alien" must implode as fact is wrong. Speculating it might not be wrong (but supporting evidence argues against it).

You can not say that because an "alien" is small, it must have evolved on a planet with lower atmospheric pressure, and say it as a fact, or that it's proof, because, it isn't.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: ForteanOrg
If you find him, what's to say he hasn't been bribed to create thread drift ?
I mean if he says no it was fake he could be blackmailed into it !
If he says it was real the debunkers will turn over another rock they crawl under !

Well, we may see it if we get there. Anybody in here that lives near mr Scott Feree?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If they were not: there is absolutely no way we cold ever have put a probe around another planet, or landed one on it.

I can agree with you that the laws of physics are probably constant within our solar system, and most likely even our own galaxy.. so of course we could apply those to launching probes and rovers to distant planets.. but like I mentioned in the previous post... there's no evidence that the laws of physics are universal .. there's evidence to the contrary in fact.

But you're right, I don't think the other commenter fully gets the "gravity" of what he was saying ( har har )

Oh absolutely.

Near a singularity, all physical laws break down. There's a few other places, normally involving extreme gravity where that's true.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

www.space.com...

You're definitely incorrect.. just because another planet has an unbreathable atmosphere or it's mass is such that it's gravity is considerably higher has nothing to do with it .. the point is that ( at least in our galaxy ) the same laws of physics apply.. that's fact.

By your logic, just because we can't live in a volcano that it's laws of physics are different

No, i am not incorrect.

" The thick atmosphere of sulfuric acid gas is about 95 times greater than Earth's and would crush a human."

You're talking about how thick the atmosphere is and it's chemical makeup.. that is zero to do with physics...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good job OP for bringing something new on the table, not those chewed endlessly cases like Roswell, Rendlesham forest etc, the most spoken cases. Getting pictures is amazing, like something never released so far! THEN AGAIN

I have seen pictures (photos) of dinosaurs and what the Earth was like, allegedly taken by ancestors who have visited the planet during their time and have kept the earlier history that humans would never have. So:

Excellent to have never seen before pictures BUT.. when it came to the alien picture...

my feeling told me - fake, really that alien grey looked so unreal. Combined with the picture of a doll of alien grey, looking exactly like it, I can say this must have been the same.

You know the alien with burned/damaged leg? Even that looked more real than the doll in this picture and that one was fake as well.

Like some said, the man may be honest about what info he's received but those who let him have the info may have fabricated a lots of stuff

Taking a picture of THE PLANET is fascinating! But where is the surface of the planet picture? It's just hard to believe after so many fakes, especially when the alien looks like the doll, one would consider that real, just can't.

If anything one should consider this as HIGHLY probable to be fake, the pictures and/or the alien.

I have yet to watch the vids as I am sure he speaks of interesting things and technology but I am not having the intuition of this being real, sorry.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh absolutely.

Near a singularity, all physical laws break down. There's a few other places, normally involving extreme gravity where that's true.

Those are a few known examples.. the article i linked to previously is another new ( as of 2010 ) finding where the laws of physics vary in parts of the universe.. another quote from that article:

"The implications for our current understanding of science are profound. If the laws of physics turn out to be merely 'local by-laws', it might be that whilst our observable part of the universe favours the existence of life and human beings, other far more distant regions may exist where different laws preclude the formation of life, at least as we know it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

More character assassination. The guy is dead and can't even defend his honor. Nice.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
So, maybe a few of them thought "let's have some fun with mister overimportant" - and they spoon-fed him "important data" only suited for a guy "with top secret clearance". This explains the fuzzy photo's: they are easy to fake. This explains the laughable name of the planet. This explains the picture of the K-mart prop. And it explains why Boyd thought it was real. To him it was.

That would be one of the most awesome and harshest pranks ever. Tell the old man you're going to give him Top Secret photos of aliens and flying saucers, then load him up with crap photos of a K-Mart prop and a bunch of ceiling light reflections. Then put him on YouTube making an utter fool of himself. Then he dies.

Ouch!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Hmmmmm...... interesting.

Most of them would have to stay the same. If they didn't, star formation, galaxy formation would not happen.

Of course we don't really know about other planets in other galaxies, as our tech isn't that good yet.

But it maybe possible that certain laws might be, bent maybe? Enough so to have an impact, but not enough to keep stellar formation or galactic formation from happening.

However, we know physics here on Earth have to be the same as on Venus. (which I know, you were not the one saying it wasn't).

Because if they laws were different: then the laws of thermal dynamics wouldn't work, so a human would not be fried. The laws covering things like density, mass, volume and pressure wouldn't work. There for no, a human would NOT be crushed.

Of course we have probes and landers that say otherwise: Yep. Physics is working here just fine. I'm being crushed and melted.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just a question but I don't know ?
Did the laws of physics evolve ?
Or when this place what ever you want to call it got created become the rule of the bang ?
Or does it come in waves and we're riding the laws we have now and they will change with a ripple effect ?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You're talking about how thick the atmosphere is and it's chemical makeup.. that is zero to do with physics...

ok so my double face palm got axed....
sorry.
but isn't chemistry part of physics? Can you elaborate? Am I misunderstanding?

and why do you get to use memes?

edit on 24-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

www.space.com...

No, i am not incorrect.

Oh dear.

Have you never heard of " Atmospheric Physics"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yep I agree 100% that at least within our galaxy the laws of physics are constant.. and I don't think the laws of physics probably vary THAT much across the universe, but the article did mention the possibility that other parts of the universe may preclude one or more of the existing laws as we know them.. this could make for very interesting possibilities.

But that would mean if you were an advanced alien race and your technology ( space ship ) was designed under your own set of laws and you then traveled to our Galaxy that it could present serious problems for you.
edit on 10/24/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh dear.

Have you never heard of " Atmospheric Physics"

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh dear..

I have indeed.. and yes physics influences the atmosphere, physics has an influence on everything.. there's no question of that.. but everything we've been telling you is still the same.. the laws of physics on Venus are exactly the same as on Earth.. it's the conditions that differ and that's what you don't seem to be able to understand.. the density of the planet, the chemical composition of the atmosphere, it's distance from the sun.. there are all just variables within the laws of physics.. same laws, just different conditions.. I don't know how else to explain it to you .. but I can emphatically say you're incorrect if you are saying the laws of physics vary by planet in our solar system... that's just not true.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So it has more than zero to do with physics. Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

ok so my double face palm got axed....
sorry.
but isn't chemistry part of physics? Can you elaborate? Am I misunderstanding?

and why do you get to use memes?

I got to use the meme because I also had a written response that was on topic
I think yours got slapped because it was ONLY a meme..

Anyway.. the laws of physics influence pretty much everything, including chemistry.. chemistry ISN'T physics, but the laws of physics are present in chemistry.. for example you could have a chemical reaction that generates heat.. multiple laws of physics apply to that sort of thing .. but one thing alldaylong seems to think is that because Venus's atmosphere is so thick it would crush a human it is evidence that the laws of physics are different there.. which is absolutely not the case, it just means conditions are different.

This is why I brought up the Volcano thing.. we can't live in one, that doesn't mean the laws of physics are different in a volcano .. we would also be crushed in the depths of the ocean without a pressurized vessel to take us.. but the physics remain the same in the ocean as they do on land..

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

So it has more than zero to do with physics. Thanks

It has zero to do with the laws of physics
physics influences it... I should have said "laws of physics" ..
edit on 10/24/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join