It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I’ll Come To Your Place When SHTF” – No You Won’t

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hey
Just keeping real.
If the SHTF scenario is severe and widespread enough no matter how much they have socked away or how high their mountaintop stronghold nor strong their deep bunker complexes are they're just as susceptible to extinction.

Just keeping the other viewpoint real

In all seriousliness though, in the end even the high and mighty must depend on other people for everything. Knowing how haughty and abusive many of the very rich are I don't doubt many who have endured their PITA attitudes for years will be looking for a chance at a little payback. Poison in their food, stabbed in their sleep - I guess maybe they do have plenty to worry about.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Lol well if you and all your friends are arseholes then maybe its a shootin war you were after all along huh?

They say you can judge a man by his friends, not by his guns...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This guy almost sounds like he WANTS something to happen just so he can neener-neener at his 'friends'. Whether it would actually come down to that or not, we won't know until it happens. But in the meantime, why be such a smug jerk about it?

"I will shoot you". Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I just spewed tomato juice out of my nose... I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather not be a member of humanity when there is no more human in the beast. I'm not turning away anyone that needs help. Ever

Neener Neener

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If TSHTF i'm filling my rucksack and bugging out. i'll send my family the coordinates.
If they dont find me with 48 hours i'll be moving on as i am more sure than ever that i have a family made predominately 70% Dumpling, 10% Water and 20% Tarmac..they are not worth saving. The new world deserves better.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

oh, wow

Ouch

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

oh, wow

Ouch

I might make an exception for the Ex...Maybe need a Buffer Zone between me and my enemy at some point...A Thin Red soon to be Line..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lol... Tarmac, dumpling and water... What the f#ck happened?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Lol... Tarmac, dumpling and water... What the f#ck happened?

This thread is all :popcorn: buddy

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So thats what they were feeding on..

Salt or sugar?
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

edit on 23-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker
Seems like those "all-seeing" satellites aren't working very well in the Pennsylvania shooter case, eh?
If they can't find that guy and his stash in the woods, how are they going to find all those other folks who have made preparations?
I preached at my younger family members for years to be prepared for a disaster. I even gave them items here and there to help with the prep, like wind-up radios and flashlights that need no batteries. And yet, when the ice storm of '09 hit our area and most were out of power for about 2 weeks---where did they come? Yep, we ended up feeding them because we had food and the means to cook it. We had a generator that we ran only a couple of times a day to keep the food in the fridge and freezers from going bad. Did they appreciate it? Not really, they complained constantly because we wouldn't run the generator all day so they could pretend everything was normal.
When the power came back on we told them, each one of them---"We have warned you in the past about things like this and you completely ignored our warnings. Now we want to you to understand completely that this is the only time we will provide this kind of hospitality. Now go home and get ready for the next time because our door will be closed when the "next time" hits."
Yes, there are a group of us with skills and with the good sense to lay in supplies---a whole colony of ants if you will---but there are still a lot of grasshoppers out there as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I just spewed tomato juice out of my nose... I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather not be a member of humanity when there is no more human in the beast. I'm not turning away anyone that needs help. Ever

Neener Neener

Well I certainly am looking forward to constructing an elaborate point system, and then judging each potential citizen/subject according to a scale, not-unlike a beauty pageant crossed with a scholarship competition.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Most people when they decide to prep don't think things through enough. The letter in the op is guilty of this. My analytical self have spent many many hours thinking about prepping and becoming self sustaining and what would the situation look and be like before during and after s shtf scenario.

Lack of vision from the op letter:

People like it or not are plugged into the matrix if a shtf happened you can expect 1 out of 3 people will suffer a mental breakdown and possibly be unwilling to go on without the society they are so used too. No matter how positive you are about your situation its a stretch to think your entire family will become well adjusted to the prison/shelter you have created.

Its also a mistake to think your family will be able to successfully defend your bunker. One excavator digging straight down will negate your metal door, and if vehicles don't work how will your shelter stand up to a few cases of dynamite? Oh plugging up your air vents a few day before the use of explosives will take care of any resistance your family might offer, assuming your family hasn't killed you in your sleep for keeping them locked underground.

Your friends no matter how worthless you may think they are would be your greatest assets, so its worth it to keep them alive and healthy. No matter how big your shelter is and how much food you have prepped these things will not last forever sooner or later you will have to move out to the surface because the only way to survive long term is to grow your own food. You need to grow your own food from the start, it might be difficult unless you become a bandit yourself to obtain live chickens and or cows 6 months to a year after a shtf. If you have spent the first few weeks or months shooting at anyone that comes around how will you trade or interact with them when your forced out of your shelter because of dwindling resources or cabin fever?

Prepping needs to be more of a community effort and not just a family effort because without community you will not make it. How long will your sons and daughters live this way? How long will your family last or want to last this way?

Just a few thoughts.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This bit:

You didn’t do # because… you would just come to my place. Problem solved, right? You didn’t need to spend time, money, and create domestic strife because I did that all for you.

Should be changed to this: Because you are my friends I even prepared for you whilst I was busy preparing for my family, I paid taxes so the government could fund FEMA and other emergency services. Go to them, they will help you, and thank me that I can leave my share of their help for you.
Having said that, I believe in community prepping, not lone wolf. You need to prepping for a lifestyle change, not just to have enough supplies for X number of years.
edit on 23/10/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
trick is to do a combination of the options : get a group together and set rules and limits on the group and every one pulling their own weight,and then go into defensive "lone wolf mode" but instead of one wolf an entire pack

if your gonna go lone wolf or just a family get some where so isolated no one will want to go there or get realy good at making home made landmines (would not advise building any as they tend to be all kinds of illegal pre shtf)

saftey lies in numbers and staying off of every ones radar

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Another thing to think about after a shtf war lords will rise up in all areas to fill the power vacuum. If you must fight to defend what is yours would your rather put a gun into the hands of some one you don't know or a friend you have known for years?

Shooting friends because of the reasons stated is idiotic. Stock seeds, re bar, pvc pipe and greenhouse plastic and metal barrels for stoves. Get together with neighbors as soon as possible and get to building and planting all your lives depend on it. Share ownership, its all of ours, those defending there homes are worth much more than hired guns. Keeping busy would help against mental issues that are bound to spring up. Keep those around you focused on tasks all related to surviving. Stock old books on basic technology and how to preserve meats, brewing beer, making wine, basket weaving and other chores that were common 100 years ago, group people in study groups to accomplish tasks....

Sitting around in a bunker will not do anything to help you survive once your supplies run out.

Edit to add: local government, local police, and or local gangs will be the first to act as warlords they will seize any and all local resources, stores warehouses even abandoned tractor trailers on the highways. Lone wolfs will be dead wolfs.
edit on 23-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

No matter how positive you are about your situation its a stretch to think your entire family will become well adjusted to the prison/shelter you have created.

reminds me of this

no doubt survival chances are much greater in numbers...the only thing is every member of that group has to pull their weight to survive
edit on 24-10-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What a thoroughly depressing thread.

If/when TSHTF ... I'm gonna party.

If it's TEOTWAWKI, I'm gonna party even harder.

Who's gonna join me?

FWIW, some very smart people determined we're a scant nine meals from total anarchy, and 90 days out from damned-near-total depopulation. So, if TPTB are in fact planning to 'hole up' it's probably no longer than twice that amount of time before they come out to finish off any survivors. The last half of that assessment being mine. -grin-

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

This thread reminds me of the old Twlight Zone Episode - The Shelter: "

A Twilight Zone episode called "The Shelter" illustrates one scenario in being surrounded by people who are unprepared yet know you have been preparing and scoff at your efforts

www.youtube.com...

A Classic, but it still (even now) rings true to reality.

edit on 24-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This guy almost sounds like he WANTS something to happen just so he can neener-neener at his 'friends'. Whether it would actually come down to that or not, we won't know until it happens. But in the meantime, why be such a smug jerk about it?

"I will shoot you". Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

the dude is nuuuuutz.. im ALL for prepping but i hope this guy himself never needs anything he might not be able to do for himself... a dr. might not have the time you do for prepping but their own skills itself are just a valuable as you spending all that time and money and thought prepping.... so this guys friends a doctor and simply himself does not have the free time to prep he's taking care of ebola patients all day not mapping out the apocalypses. he would turn him away? dude in story is nuuuutz

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I wanted to ask you about this:

he laughed when I earlier bought a small, portable moisture-cooler (from Carol Wright Gifts on-line), since I knew he couldn't take the heat.

I looked and all I saw was a humidifier/fan unit for $99. Unit is white and is taller than wide, is that the one?
How does it work and how well does it work? We lost power 2 summers ago for 9 days and 4 days were over 100 degrees. Here in Virginia 100 is miserable as the humidity is always very high. Even in our basement it was nearly too hot to sleep.

Of all the things I've prepped for extreme heat is the one thing I can do nothing about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join