It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This is just part of why the GOP won't win the Senate .

Enough said, IMO

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"The entire argument the GOP makes for Voter ID is pretty weak if you delve into the details."

Not really. Here's the long and shameful list of Vote Fraud, from the Republican National Lawyers Association:

www.rnla.org...
RNLA: VOTE FRAUD NEWS

And for MASSIVE VOTE THEFT, these will explain Election Fraud:

www.votescam.org...
THE EVIDENCE: TECHNOLOGY & ELECTION FRAUD RESEARCH

www.washingtonsblog.com...
(11/6/2012) EVIDENCE OF ELECTRONIC VOTE FRAUD POURS IN FROM BOTH LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE SOURCES

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I agree and I'm glad my district still uses paper ballots. Filling in a circle is idiot/tamper proof!

what's that old saying...to paraphrase, I don't care how you vote, I care about those that do the counting.

'It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes.'
-Joseph Stalin

Now with the ability to control how the vote is taken, and received you can control the outcome before it is counted. Voter intent is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We can get a small phone touch screen to work precisely for people w big fingers

But we can't figure out how to calibrate a voting machine correctly?

Not buying it

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Great point!
And I wonder how much the taxpayers shell out for a touchscreen voting machine .... compared to a smartphone?
I will seen if I can find the answer.
ETA: $3,000 per machine.
wired.com
edit on b000000312014-10-24T19:05:05-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 19:05:05 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is a very easy problem to solve. Have a confirmation screen appear after the vote is cast. Such as, a screen stating, "You have placed a vote for 'candidate X'. Is this correct? Yes or No."

Of course, if the calibration is off for the Yes or No question, then that's another problem. I think the whole premise behind electronic voting is conservation of paper products, easy cleanup and vote tallying but it can also be easily corrupted.
edit on 24-10-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
This is a very easy problem to solve. Have a confirmation screen appear after the vote is cast. Such as, a screen stating, "You have placed a vote for 'candidate X'. Is this correct? Yes or No."

nvm, you edited your post.
edit on 24-10-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Happening again:

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would be willing to entertain the idea it was just an accident if it was anywhere other than Cook county..

I think the last time that place wasn't crooked was pre Al Capone.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Unfortunately I cannot confirm machines changing republican votes to democrat votes in Illinois. I videotaped my voting when I was in booth, and everything turned out the way that I voted.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

White , Black , or Red Pot Shards Do Not have to be " Calibrated " ..... Just a Thought............)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

thehill.com...
STATES DITCHING VOTING MACHINES, 70% OF VOTERS TODAY WILL BE USING PAPER BALLOTS
"Smith said the mid-2000s might go down as the “heyday” of electronic voting. Since then, states have failed to maintain the machines, partly due to budget shortfalls.

“There is simply no money to replace them,” said Michael Shamos, a computer scientist at Carnegie Mellon University who has examined computerized voting systems in six states.

"The lack of spending on the machines is a major problem because the electronic equipment wears out quickly. Smith recalled sitting in a meeting with Missouri election officials in 2012 where they complained 25 percent of their equipment had malfunctioned in pre-election testing."

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

When touch screens are off calibration too if you touch the right side of the screen the cursor will show up on the left or vice versa...It would never let you pick the correct button and then switch it all of a sudden due to calibration...What utter BS!!! Nothing new to me though, if you think your vote counts or matters you are just as gullible as the people who believe this garbage story!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What's wrong with paper ballots? It's all broken down to districts. Shouldn't be difficult and you have a hard copy. We still use paper ballots here.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well, the Election yesterday was proof in the pudding. For the first time in several elections, the vote tally (on mostly paper ballots) matched the pre-polls and exit-polls: the GOP took back the country by storm!

"If it ain't broke - don't "fix"it."

And when advanced electronics are just a "back door" for criminal hackers to ruin our elections, a little less "hi tech" is more beneficial in the long run.

edit on 5-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

top topics

<< 1   >>

join