It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rove and george allen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am a college debate coach, and a couple of weeks ago I was speaking with a colleague of mine about the recent election. We started to discuss the 08 election and while we agreed that the Dems are looking bad for 08, we started to consider the possibilities of even a moderate Republican getting the nod. While discussing this, my colleague shared some information that seemed of interest:

1. That another coach we know served as Dubya's debate coach during the past campaign

2. That that coach has been offered a job in the White House by Rove

3. That according to that coach, Rove and company have no use for the moderates any longer. Supposedly, the support of McCain and company was necessary because the election was going to be tight, but now that the evangelicals have power the moderates will be dumped like rocks.

4. That Rove's man for 2008 is George Allen.

While I wouldn't think that someone who was that conservative would stand much of a chance, the 04 election probably serves as evidence going the other direction.

And, with Rove at the controls, seems like we might be in for a long reign of Republican terror.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Are you referring to Virginia Senator George Allen? Interesting; he seems to fit the Rove profile. My bet's on Bill Frist, though.

Have I mentioned today that Karl Rove is the devil?

Just checking.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes, Virginia's one and only.

I personally don't know if he's more likely than Frist, but the argument as presented by this WH insider is that Allen has both the views and geography on his side (guess Virginia's a more important state than Tennessee).

But, if Rove could get a coke snortin' idiot from Texas elected, I'm pretty sure he could get Allen or First or whoever there.

new topics

join