It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple and hearbreaking. A fallen soldier in duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just a simple pic says more than words can ever say. The soldier killed in front of the War Memorial Now he's part of it. Said, painful but also powerful. May he rest in peace !!!

On Thursday, Canada’s Chronicle Herald in Halifax, Nova Scotia, published a political cartoon that’s being widely praised as “powerful” across the United States and Canada.

The cartoon, the work of Bruce MacKinnon, features the soldier slain during Wednesday’s terror attack in Ottawa (Cpl. Nathan Cirillo) being comforted by one of the military men from the war memorial where he was shot and seemingly being assimilated into the memorial:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Forgot to add the source

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Call the incident what you will, perceive the reasons for it happening how one wants.

The fact remains.

It was a cowardly despicable act.

RIP Cpl. N Cirillo

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

This picture truly is beautiful and breaks my heart.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sad and touching. RIP.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sad day. Because of some coward(s).
To kill innocents has to be the lowest form of scum and cowardice known to men.

May you rest in peace Nathan Cirillo.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That soldier stood to honour the fallen.......Although I did not know him personnaly I will remembered him for some reason, among all those I actually knew and fell.

Must say that I am still a bit overwhelmed every time I think of him.

edit on 23-10-2014 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The OP's pic really is touching and then I clicked on your video and when I saw the young girl waving the flag in the hearse cortege, I just lost it. Cpl. Cirillo also had a young son.

Damn, how violence scars and destroys families and communities! We nevertheless carry on and try to find accommodation and mutual points which continue to allow us to live in relative peace. I wish we had no need for armed forces, but we do unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here is a photo taken moments before he was slain yesterday. He is the on the left of the photo. In the background, the parliament building is on the left and the Chateau Laurier is on the right. RIP Cpl Nathan Cirillo.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
--OOps. Forgot to add the source for the above photo. It's attributable to thestar.com

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We already won this battle. Their ideology is dead and they know it. The feelings they inspire in certain individuals are incompatible with life itself. What they do is exactly the opposite of what they're trying to achieve. Regardless who's puppets they are of what your feelings are about the whole thing, there is no denying that acts like that will unite us and will make us stronger and more compassionate towards each other and the men and women in uniform.
Cpl. Cirillo will always live within our hearts.

new topics

top topics

join