It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating WordPress Profile/User Pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm a novice WordPress user whose been tasked to pick up the slack of some programmers that don't want to answer their phones lately or get paid to do work...lol...go figure!

Anyways - I'm trying to research how one would go about creating a user login experience for paying members of a site.

I believe the plan is to let them edit their contact info, see other active members, and view/modify their membership status.

Whoever developed the back-end of the site currently has a place-holder, which lets users login to WordPress - Not good! LOL

Any suggestions on a plug-in that might accomplish what I'm looking for? Again, I'm super novice, and a plug-and-chug approach is preferred over coding...Thanks!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EnronOutrunHomerun
Don't mean to just give you a google link, but there is this.

I don't know your requirements so the above link is possibly more helpful than Pinke. Should mostly just be install + configure for most pluggies anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Awesome!! Thanks so much for the link and info Pinke! I'll look into that!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why all people use the wordpress? It seems to be none another website builders in the world. You can try, for instance, any of this website builders: - they are really great too. It`s at least more interesting than use only wordpress.
edit on Dec 26th 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Actually, the way it now works is by creating a WordPress 'page' for the login and therefore utilizing your theme's 'page.php' template. You could even create a custom template and specify it for the 'Login' page just as you would any other custom page template.

I made it this way for simplicity, because a lot of people were having a hard time trying to figure out what files to include and what HTML went where according to their theme. The only downside of this method is that any plugin that utilizes a user options page, such as subscribe2, will not be able to access that user page with the themed profile. However, as of version 2.0.6, I have added the option to turn off the profile theming, for those of you who are using any conflicting plugin. Meanwhile, the login, registration and forgot password forms will still be themed.
edit on 55am7kamThursdayppam31 by sankalppatil because: (no reason given)

top topics

join