It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM prophetable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Is Popular Mechanics Magazine possibly reveiling events that will happen? Heres some articles I found to be coincidental.

April 1997 volume 174 NO.4
Asteroid Hit! Planet Earth Will Be Hit By An Asteroid Or Comet. Will It Be the End Of The World? Or Can We Survive?
Pg 40

And heres where it gets odd, related topics, spread out as if intentionally.

August 1996 volume 173 NO. 8
Could Terrorists Hijack A Nuclear Missle?
Pg 66

article labeled DOOMSDAY WATCH

January 1996 volume 173 NO. 1
When Terrorists Go Nuclear
the Ultimate Threat To The United States-And What We're Doing About It
Pg56

As if to imply they will go nuclear in the USA, like we are the only possible nuclear terrorist target!

May 1994 volume 171 NO. 5
The Doomesday Plane
America Still Lives Under Threat Of A Nuclear Attack

Now I understand I am looking at this through hindsight, but also to me it is just too much of an coincidence. The only article needing to be printed was
NY attacked! Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, but I'm going to stay with this idea and see if PM has any other interesting articles.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
that is kind of suspicious, although it could just be a popular magazine printing articles of the sort their readership is interested in. terrorism involving nuclear weapons isn't really an uncommon concept, in press or in fiction. (Tom Clancy's Sum of All Fears comes to mind.) I'm just playing the devil's advocate here
keep us posted on what you find, maybe Popular Mechanics isn't telling us something.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Roger that good buddy.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
that is kind of suspicious, although it could just be a popular magazine printing articles of the sort their readership is interested in... maybe Popular Mechanics isn't telling us something.

Exactly. In fact, if you look at their list of MISSED "predictions," you'll find it's even lengthier.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hell, during the mid 90's, in the military, we were caunstantly toying with the idea. We knew that now that the Soviet Union had collapsed, that newer and meaner enemies would emerge.

This is why I believe he govornment wasnt as shocked about 9/11 as they claim to be, when the previous decade was spent in realization that something nasty could come from somewhere unseen.

new topics

top topics

join