It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's smartest dog. Wow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: FlySolo

And this is another reason I keep asking for the Animals/Pets Forum!

First politely:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then a rant:

But still nothing.

Be a great addition to it tho.

Thanks

Jude11

Te he, lets start a petition

Spiro

I would assume that 2 threads asking for it ARE seen as petitions.

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

And this is another reason I keep asking for the Animals/Pets Forum!

First politely:

And then a rant:

But still nothing.

Be a great addition to it tho.

Thanks

Jude11

Te he, lets start a petition

Spiro

I would assume that 2 threads asking for it ARE seen as petitions.

Peace

Greetings,

Yes indeed. I have now added to the petition on both threads so hopefully they will pick up on it and see the importance/interest.

Fingers X.

Spiro

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

but you do work your dogs and therein lies the difference

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: countingdown

but you do work your dogs and therein lies the difference

Greetings

No, no difference. A dog being worked for the dogs enjoyment is not different that working a dog to enjoy commands and obedience as can be seen in the OP.

Spiro

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hi,
As a farmer you have a need for your dogs, and as a meat eater I am grateful for the work that goes into that (I grew up and still live in a farming commuity). The dog in the film was imo taught to do those tricks for the amusement of the owner at the expense of the dogs health. Therafter my argument ends, dogs are intelligent and will learn many things but they walk on four legs - walking on thier hind legs is damaging.

CD

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The dog in the film was imo taught to do those tricks for the amusement of the owner

Very true. That's why most people teach their dogs "tricks".

walking on thier hind legs is damaging.

Do you have a source on this? The links in your other post don't work. I have done quite a bit of research on the subject (I own 2 GSDs, a breed prone to hip dysplasia) and I can't find anything that supports your claim.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hah! I love it!

I thought teaching a dog his left paw from his right was an achievement - this pup is on point all day. I'm gonna have to start making up some new tricks for mine lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Meet Jumpy the Blue Heeler...

Agreed....Pet Forum.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Mind=Blown.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Meet Jumpy the Blue Heeler...

Agreed....Pet Forum.

Thanx!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

a reply to: constant_thought

I agree about the dog enjoying itself but it wont enjoy the pain when its hips are ruined from being taught to mis-use its hind legs

www.dog-health-guide.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.dog-health-guide.org/doghipproblem.html

"The investigation of a dog hip problem usually involves tests for a genetic condition called hip dysplasia (CHD), which is the abnormal functioning of the hips, and osteoarthritis. A veterinarian will do a physical examination which includes watching how your dog walks. Hip dysplasia in dogs is common in large breeds, but can be seen in smaller breeds such as Boxers

Its a miserable life for a dog (or any animal) that cannot ask for pain relief

I, too, was concerned when I saw some of the tricks this dog is doing -- especially the leaps and walking on hind or front legs. How many of those leaps ended badly before he perfected them? Slamming to the ground causes damage to the joints. Yes, he's very intelligent and, no doubt, enjoying himself but his human is impressing other humans at the ultimate expense of his dog. There are ways to ensure that the dog is active and enjoys a rich life without ensuring that he'll end up crippled. I wonder if the man would allow his children to do stunts like that (even if they could)?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I can understand the concern most dog lovers have over the well being of pets but

I wonder if the man would allow his children to do stunts like that (even if they could)?

Don't you think you may be over-reacting a tad? Kids can't and dogs can. There's a big difference.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I can understand the concern most dog lovers have over the well being of pets but

I wonder if the man would allow his children to do stunts like that (even if they could)?

Don't you think you may be over-reacting a tad? Kids can't and dogs can. There's a big difference.

No, I don't think it's an over-reaction. Kid's can spring 20' off a trampoline and hope someone catches them. Would a sane parent allow it even if they're the one planning to catch the kid?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

But you're comparing human abilities to animal abilities. No kidding a kid is going to get hurt if they jump 20' in the air. lol. I don't think the dog is doing anything thing that it isn't capable of.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But you're comparing human abilities to animal abilities. No kidding a kid is going to get hurt if they jump 20' in the air. lol. I don't think the dog is doing anything thing that it isn't capable of.

Being able to perform the stunt and not suffering damage over time are two different things. Ask a vet.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Some breeds less than others. Ask a vet

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Some breeds less than others. Ask a vet

What was I thinking. There are plenty people stupid enough to let their kids play full contact football.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What you're suggesting is animals which have a tendency to out perform other animals physically based on their genetics should not partake in any exercise or training which is suitable for that breed.

What was I thinking. There are plenty people stupid enough to let their kids play full contact football

Well that escalated quickly. lol

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

What you're suggesting is animals which have a tendency to out perform other animals physically based on their genetics should not partake in any exercise or training which is suitable for that breed.

What was I thinking. There are plenty people stupid enough to let their kids play full contact football

Well that escalated quickly. lol

I wrote a lengthy reply but then thought better of it. It comes down to this: I care about animals more than I care about entertainment. Enough said.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ha yeah, another thing to try is to tell them off in your cutesy doggy, theres a good boy/girl voice... They'll think they're getting praised... Who's been a bad bad boy then yes you are, you naughty boy yessss... Lmao... They won't have a clue, all just in the tone... You can do the opposite too. XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join