It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Mordrake - A chilling tale of the two-faced man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
verumfabula.wordpress.com...

After watching American Horror Story: Freak Show this afternoon, a mysterious and apparent "character" of the show is identified as Edward Mordrake, the two faced man. After some brief research I discovered that this is in fact a thing, and that the medical condition Diprosopus is certainly a thing as well.

A chilling and cryptic story, don't stop at the misspelled-link wordpress that i posted, do some research of your own into the story of Edward Mo'R'drake and his 'Devil Twin'.

I would be curious to know your opinions as to what levels of consciousness the laughing and weeping of the second face would potentially take place at, and if such levels of consciousness in the case of Edward Mordrake could be recognized by the "primary brain" as whispering voices.

Anyone care to post an opinon because I know for a fact that the pictures and story behind this condition and its profound rarity leave me with chills.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mmshelt

WOW!

Fro your link,

Now, I have no clue as to the date of this picture. My take on it is, it would be around late 19th century. Reason : -According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org...), the first commercial camera began sales at the consumer level at around 1885, and I don’t see any reason why a picture may be clicked using any other camera. -An article was published in the “Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine” (see later) in 1896. -The article stated his death. I believe if an article was published in a professional Journal, the death must not be very long ago. -Internet sources reveal he died around the age of 23 years. -Given this picture, he looks around the same age, within 20-23 years. Hence, late 19th century – 1890-1900. SYMPTOMS/SIGNS -He had a face occupying the posterior part of his skull. -The face couldn’t talk, but could laugh or weep : “it would be seen to smile and sneer as Mordrake would weep”. Though Edward gave a history that he couldn’t sleep at night because of the “hateful whispers of his ‘devil twin'” -Eyes would “follow movements of spectators” and lips would “gibber without ceasing”. – He, thus, wanted it removed, however, no surgeon would attempt to remove it, fearing it might cost him his life. -The face seemed to be that of a beautiful woman, which was “lovely as a dream, hideous as a devil”. The excerpt from “Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine” is as follows :

What an unusual find!

Well done OP, star and flag all the way

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I might be wrong, but I think the picture isn't one of the actual Edward Mordrake, but a wax representation. I think it shows a bit with the ear, but I can't find the link of where I would have gotten that info.

Still, it must have been a real weight on this man's shoulders, so to speak... After all, he did commit suicide.

It also would have been somewhat helpful to know where his remains were put to rest, if only to have modern medicine take a look and study his case more with today's equipment.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yup. Its a wax representation.

www.thehumanmarvels.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Thanks for that information.

A real shame that there doesn't seem to be any remaining evidence of what the two faces would have looked like in actuality. If anyone hears of a case of diprosopus of more recent occurence or perhaps photographic evidence of the condition that would be interesting as well to see posted.

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mmshelt

here is faith and hope www.nydailynews.com...

lali singh www.weirdmania.com...

only 2 modern ones I could find (not exactly back to back)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just had a song written about him come on my mix. I got it from a friend this year. I read this post and when I heard his name in the song it connected. I saw the episode this morning. Read your post at lunch and heard this after work. I'll try looking up a name since I don't have one yet. Ha. But I love a good mix of music aparently. Halloween brings the creepiest coincidences. Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I hope this works.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

Solid stuff.

Creepy tune to add to the collection for sure

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Hate to be a dick but I have trouble looking at the youth.

The 23 year old though, and the size differential, and the location on the back of the skull.

Just glad this new american horror story has been really cryptic and semi-true to history, a lot of television doesn't seem to do true figures in history justice.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I figured I'd post the summoning song from the show also. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
youtu.be... Just a nother by him to show what kind of mind it takes to sing about Edward. Peace man.hope u enjoy. I simply stumbled across this one too. a reply to: mmshelt

top topics

join