It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead babies in Winnipeg storage unit 'tragic beyond belief'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The discovery of several dead babies in a Winnipeg storage locker is "tragic beyond belief," say police.

Three or four bodies were found Monday afternoon in various states of decomposition, said police spokesman Const. Eric Hofley.

Autopsies are planned on the remains to determine exactly how many there are and the cause of death, he said. The autopsies will also determine their ages.

Hofley said the bodies were newborns or someone "of a very young age." They were "certainly not children," he said, calling the situation "very disturbing" and "tragic beyond belief."

Dead babies found in Winnipeg storage unit "beyond belief"

Wow I can't believe there isn't a thread about this already? Must be because people are too distracted by Ebola. It's not like 6 dead babies in various stages of decomposition is a big deal.

Sorry if I'm a tad cranky about this, the bodies were discovered on Monday Oct 20st and not a peep on here. There could be an active baby serial killer out there, after all, the FBI estimates that there is somewhere between 35-50 active serial killers in the U.S. Who knows how many in Canada?

The article has a couple related videos, I tried to share them but couldn't figure out how to embed them.

ETA: Just found the update. 6 babies total were found in the storage locker. Andrea Giesbrecht, who is also known as Andrea Naworynski, was arrested outside a home in the Maples neighbourhood and charged with six counts of concealing the body of a child.

edit on 10 22 2014 by Sabiduria because: trying to figure out how to embed video

edit on 10 22 2014 by Sabiduria because: trying to embed video

edit on 10 22 2014 by Sabiduria because: couldn't figure code out so I deleted it

edit on 10 22 2014 by Sabiduria because: link code error

edit on 10 22 2014 by Sabiduria because: update

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Freaky isn't it?

Makes you want to think twice about getting to know new people and all that doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Human behavior has always fascinated me. I think if we actually had a system in place that cared about the people, we would have less active serial killers. We would be able to recognize children who could one day end up down that road and provide them with counseling and other support

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

i'm leaning towards something like that whack woman who was getting pregnant and killed them, when and before they were born and hiding them.

that or some illegal abortion deal.

if it was someone kidnapping and killing them, i would think there would be a lot of reports on missing newborns.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. I believe our society is very harsh and self serving.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How horrible! I can't open the link to the news story, at least, not currently. I am in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
6 Babies?

This is Crazy, Canada Again?

Link

Link 2

Canada must be Shell Shocked this week.

edit on 22-10-2014 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
a reply to: onequestion

Human behavior has always fascinated me. I think if we actually had a system in place that cared about the people, we would have less active serial killers. We would be able to recognize children who could one day end up down that road and provide them with counseling and other support

There is supposed to be a system in place for that, actually, and help available. The problem is that system doesn't seem to work. A lot of things in this paradigm seem to either not work, or achieve the entirely opposite effect, in fact. While pretending to fight about the violence on television or in video games, for instance, the violence will be shown again as an example, for instance.

I'm not sure the system is intended to work. The last estimate I read was about 100 unsubs (unidentifed subjects) who are killers, patrolling the country for victims. I sometimes wonder if TPTB actually let this happen as it's culling.
But certainly, there are signs documented for this behavior long before it becomes active killing.

This is the worst thing I've heard about in a very long time.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't have a tv, I get all my news online so I'm not sure if there are any reports of missing babies.

You are right though, we don't know who the culprit is.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Yes it is pretty messed up that this is in Canada. I know it sounds bad but when I first saw the headline I thought it was in the U.S until I went to the news story.
edit on 10 23 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
here is the whack job i was talking about. there's a thread on ATS about some where.

A woman has been arrested on six counts of murder after authorities found the bodies of seven infants packed into separate cardboard boxes at a home in Utah, police said. Police arrested Megan Huntsman, 39, of Pleasant Grove, on Saturday following a gruesome discovery at a residence formerly occupied by the woman who they say moved out in 2011
Home> U.S. 7 Babies Found Dead in Utah Home; Woman Arrested

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Yes there is a system already in place but it clearly doesn't give two flying monkey butts about the people. They say it is but we know that is far from truth.

If things were done properly, we'd be paying close attention to the mental state of children. We'd have them in talking with a counselor every now and then because we are constantly changing. Currently we aren't raised how to deal with our emotions in a healthy manner.

We also need to be able to identify risk factors that can have a serious impact on a child's behavior.

There is a lot more to it than just that but I thought I'd keep it simple to start with.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Right, I remember hearing about that nut job

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That's what immediately came to my mind also,that specific case.Why do women not just use reliable birth control if they don't want children?? Just get a Depo-Provera shot once every 3 months.But she is most likely very mentally disturbed,anyway.Sickening business.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This happens all over the world. Women who repeatedly get pregnant, keep it a secret, and kill the baby when it is born and keep/hide the baby. A while ago a woman was found here to have kept a couple newborn corpses in her freezer. Her husband hadn't even known about it.

It is a psychological disfunction, some claim to be similar to Munchausen by proxy, but I think the differences are significant.
I listened to a doctor on the radio one day that was doing research on these cases, trying to understand the mechanisms at work in these womens heads....

She said the full recognition of the baby as a separate individual just doesn't happen- they don't want to acknowledge that, and go into total denial. As if these babies were just parts of her own body, and holding on to them is something like when you keep a lock of your hair or your baby teeth, as a souvenir of a period of your life. She said most of these women continually assert- "it is mine, it is a part of me, I have the right to keep it." (once they've been caught and pressed to acknowledge what they've done).

In some ways, it is a perverted and extreme form of maternalism, in which the mother refuses to let go and separate from her offspring.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
here is the whack job i was talking about. there's a thread on ATS about some where.

A woman has been arrested on six counts of murder after authorities found the bodies of seven infants packed into separate cardboard boxes at a home in Utah, police said. Police arrested Megan Huntsman, 39, of Pleasant Grove, on Saturday following a gruesome discovery at a residence formerly occupied by the woman who they say moved out in 2011
Home> U.S. 7 Babies Found Dead in Utah Home; Woman Arrested

Exactly what I was gonna share. Are these tragedies more common now or have really and still remain to go unnoticed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Briefing on this:
"RAW: Winnipeg Police update media on discovery of 4 dead babies in storage locker "

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Pics or it didn't happpppppennnnnn

Kidding... let's just let it not have happened.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: notfunny

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Maybe she doesn't want to deal with all the side effects & risks evolved in birth control, especially Depo. You can only be on Depo for a limited time, after that damage starts to set in.

I think you are right though, this lady has to have some sort of issues. Something traumatic could have happened to her when she was younger. She does have fraud charges against her and she has been scamming people so it does show there are some issues there.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

We would be able to recognize children who could one day end up down that road and provide them with counseling and other support

That's a nice thought, but I don't think we're yet capable of identifying serial killers at a young age. I'm also unaware of any study that suggests counseling or other types of support would serve as a deterrent.

There is no set criteria for identifying serial killers. They come from every race, creed and upbringing. Ages vary. They range from borderline retarded to genius. From charismatic to social outcasts. Not every serial killer is a psychopath, and not every psychopath is a serial killer. The motivations for killing also differ greatly. Some do it for sexual gratification, some do it for notoriety and some do it for multiple reasons.

A serial killer is born from biology, their psychological makeup and social development. There is no accurate time frame to identify someone. We have yet to identify a switch or specific trigger. You can have a child that was horribly abused, with severe psychological issues that would never think of harming someone else when they reach adulthood, and a child that was treated incredibly well, in a loving home and ends up murdering people.

One thing that bugs me is that we may only be aware of and catching the dumb ones. It's incredibly easy to Google how forensics work and not leave a trail. If you spent a few hours researching you could probably figure out how to get away with something heinous. Add the media frenzy that accompanies these sorts of atrocities and you'll find motivation for some.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's not entirely true. If a child is abusing/torturing/killing animals, that can be a warning sign that there is some sort of issue going on.

Yes I know not every killer is a psychopath just like not every sociopath is a psychopath.

I'm also unaware of any study that suggests counseling or other types of support would serve as a deterrent.
I didn't say counseling would serve as a deterrent. I said counseling is important because we aren't properly taught how to deal with our emotions and we are constantly changing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join