It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously considering joining the YPG( to fight isis)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

If you were medically discharged and are receiving benefits, be prepared to lose them if you do such. The YPG is considered a Terrorist organization by the State Dept still. (even though we are air-dropping supplies, hmph, go figure, eh?)

The only reason America's government had considered YPG a terrorist organization, is because of the warm/loving relations with the Turkish government.

The Turkish government would stop at nothing to kill the kurds.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Catacomb

Thank you for your concern it just seems by the day i grow more and more sure. These people are good people they share many western values. They are trying to ward off evil. They are outnumbered they need help. Ill loose my life for them id do it for you to if you were under direct assault.

Just a reminder dont talk about the western values, this whole conflict in the middle east is all because we want them to be and to have western values not democracy.

I can see just how grand the western values has being for libyans.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior
Well said cancer, the majority of the interventionists and war wannabes here haven't seen a conflict yet they talk tough.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hi Mate,

Its a hard call, I to really dislike injustice and crimes against humanity, is there a solution?

I mentioned this problem to a friend, at what point do people start to act and join team Army against team ISIS.
And the reply was, that it would possibly be easier to join team ISIS rather than team Army, especially if you have minor health issues, which I personally thought rather amusing.

What are we meant to do, I was born and raised Australian, I couldn't care what religion someone is into, as long as its participants and acts aren't affecting others, or out right criminal.

Best of luck in your choices, peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: saxini

Thank you for your kind words and love. You are a good person.pretty much the consensus is to not go. Like anything dangerous many wil say dont go but will praise job well done upon return. I feel a calling and ive answerd that call before. Why would i stop now? Though i could help anywhere like a dr going to ebola stricken countrys this is my duty. Thanks everyone

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Like anything dangerous many wil say dont go but will praise job well done upon return.

Nobody is telling you not to go because it is dangerous. Hell waking up in the morning and breathing is dangerous.

Most people do not see this as any kind of cause worthwhile or your time, let alone your life. You still cannot name one single coherent reason for wanting to go other than "Its the right thing to do." Or "They are fighting the good fight." (no such thing as a good fight btw) You say you want to do this because the doctor said you're gonna die young anyway from your bad health. Then contradict yourself by saying that you're just fit and dandy to hump it out in the damn hot desert with Lord only knows what kind of equipment, supplies, logistics not to mention what the hell kind of battle buddies you're gonna have. You don't speak the language (making you totally at the mercy of those who do), you don't know the culture.

You say you want to end the genocide there but hell there are so many countries where bad crap like that is happening around the world ISIS is just a drop in the bucket.

You haven't once acknowledged the fact that they are a boogeyman created by the very same government you served in Iraq. Over in the ME todays allies are tomorrows terrorists so its easy to think you could possibly be put on a watch list or lose your citizenship.

I could keep listing stuff but do you see?

I'm not telling you not to go, I'm asking you why you are really wanting to do this because you obviously are not being honest with yourself. Maybe some strong notions of honor and glory and "right and wrong" (which are totally subjective btw)and all that aren't why you are really doing this.

I don't think you are stupid, but for the life of me I don't understand your reasons. You remind me of all the guys that joined up after 9/11 to "get back at the terrorists." They signed up in droves and they were all 18-22 which is that young and dumb age that the Army loves to recruit at.

And keep in mind the "positive dialogue" you are having with these guys is most likely horsecrap. They have their recruiters just like the US army has theirs and make no mistake no matter how positive the dialogue they don't give a ship about you. You're just a warm body to them except worse than the US army because you are a foreigner to them no matter how much of a "good guy" you are. They are only interested in what they can get out of you and could give a flying fruk about you as a person.

I feel a calling and ive answerd that call before. Why would i stop now?

So now God is telling you to do this? You sure that little voice isn't just you trying hard to really justify this to yourself?

I bet God sure is tired of being called down on both sides of a conflict constantly.

Bring lots of chap stick and tampons with you. You're gonna need them both probably.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
When I was deployed supplies were sketchy and I often got my wife to mail me tampons from home to carry with me. They plug up a bullet hole very well.

Just wanted to clear that up becasue after re-reading that it sounded like I called you a pus*y and I did not mean it that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So sorry to revive an old thread, but I also am looking to help defend the Kurds, and have a friend who was considering doing the same. I'd appreciate a PM, and I think the idea of a unit with all foreign volunteers is an excellent idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No offense, but you sound like a jihadi.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Good evening ATS or perhaps good morning. My name is jared im a 25 year old who was in the army infantry stationed in germany, i have become more and more sickened by the mass genocide taking place in iraq and syria. I want to make a change a real difference im not a hero by any means but i love people, i feel this cause and my skill set and passion come together very nicely.

Now i do have health problems and that also plays a part in my desire, i have a pacemaker and heart problems. However i am very healthy and can certainly manage a weapon. I feel if i may die early anyway i might as well die doing something i believe in.

I bring this to ats because i love this community an appreciate your insights, not that my choice is open. I am still undecided to an extent as i have some loose ends the earlyest i could do this would be four months. Ive contacted the ypg and am in peliminary discussions.

Thank you for your time, and great discussions.
how did you contact ypg? Ive been trying for weeks and got no reply.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 222bobafett
So sorry to revive an old thread, but I also am looking to help defend the Kurds, and have a friend who was considering doing the same. I'd appreciate a PM, and I think the idea of a unit with all foreign volunteers is an excellent idea.

Unless you have a military back ground they are not going to be interested. They used a group of volunteers for good PR and photo ops but, outside of the few that have combat experience the rest sit in the rear. That British actor was kicked off the front several time because is he a danger to himself and others. If you do not the training and experience all you are is a drain on there resources. If you want to help try donating.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
First of all , Kurdish groups are not that easy to know . many kurdish groups have long been terrorizing the region with heartless crimes like PKK and PJAK . being a kurd myself , i know that the best kurdish group out there is the pishmarga kurds .

They fight for their people and their people only and they are observed by Iraqi central government .

If you truly want to join forces against ISIS , then why not Pishmarga or Iraqi army ?

secondly , with your heart condition i'm sure your doctor will seriously object to it . Whats your EF ? if its still below 45% , which it is ,you'll literally kill yourself . whats the underlying cause of your CHF ?

if you are on a suicide mission i can think of more painless ways .

although i truly admire your cause , but this is insanity brother .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join