It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously considering joining the YPG( to fight isis)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Thank you for your concern it just seems by the day i grow more and more sure. These people are good people they share many western values. They are trying to ward off evil. They are outnumbered they need help. Ill loose my life for them id do it for you to if you were under direct assault.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Now i do have health problems and that also plays a part in my desire, i have a pacemaker and heart problems. However i am very healthy and can certainly manage a weapon. I feel if i may die early anyway i might as well die doing something i believe in.

Something else I would like to point out is you are contradicting yourself in a big way here bro.

You say that you are sick enough that you feel your young life is going to be cut short by this illness so you might as well die on a battlefield for a worthwhile cause. Then you say that you are just fine when it comes to humping it out in the desert carrying a weapon all day long in the elements with sketchy at best medical care, equipment, logistics, etc.

So which is it? Are you sick as hell or are you OK? If I were you I would really sit down and think about if you are wanting to do this for the reasons that you are telling yourself that you are.

The ancient greeks said that the most important (and the most difficult) thing in life is to "Know Thyself." Really think about if you are being honest with yourself.

I don't know if you have ever been deployed or not before your discharge. I'm not one to usually give unsolicited advice like I am to you now, but here goes. You have to have something to keep you going while you're in hell. And make no mistake war is hell. For me it was getting back to my wife and my family. I told God every day if he let me live and go home I would cherish every day that I had that I was not spent getting shot at and watching other people get shot and blown up.

So if you decide to go fight for the "good guys" you better have something to light a fire under your ass to make you want to get back, or at least keep going. "I'm doing the right thing" is just not enough to keep you going. Because maybe you will get there and you will see that maybe what you thought were the "good" guys do really bad things, and vice versa. Maybe you will see that "good" and "bad" don't exist in war (or in life really) and everything is more in shades of grey. Maybe you will get there and see that the difference you thought you were going to make only existed in your head.

Then again maybe your experience will be different and you will go over there and singlehandedly take out the ISIS fighters Rambo-style and the US will have to find some more "moderates" to fund, arm and train to be their new boogeymen.

Honestly, I can't believe there are posters encouraging you saying they would do the same thing. Of course I'm willing to bet money none of them have ever been there.

"War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles at its approach. An unjust peace is always better that a just war."
-Pindar

edit on 25-10-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I was depolyed to baghdad for 15 months in 07 i lost three friends one to an efp. My heart problems are relatively in control but the biggest fear i ever had in my life was when my heart stopped working. Before the pace maker, now listen battle, the dr says this will probably shave years off my life but the pace maker will improve my quality of life. Regardless, the ypg are fighting the good fight, and i am capable, i understand your battle jaded , quite frankly i am too. I dont care if objectively im wrong or if i look like a fool or a child. Your position comes across condesending. I respect what your saying but i feel in my heat im doing the right thing. Thank you take care, i hope better for your health.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was watching a show called Fault Lines on Al-Jazeera yesterday and they had a journalist on the front-line with the Kurds. Maybe you can find it on their web-site? You should definitely watch it before going!

The Kurds hate the Arabs, the Arabs hate the Kurds, the Sunni Arabs (which include ISIS) and Shiite Arabs hate each other as well as the Kurds. There are minority groups in the area who are being attacked by Arabs. Basically, it is a seriously complicated mess.

It is a mess that was kicked off by the invasion of Iraq. Some very rich people are getting a lot richer by controlling oil and selling arms in the region, and stoking this conflict.

So...are you sure you know what you are getting into? You don't need to fire a gun to do a good deed. For example, there are many old people who live alone and could do with visits and help with shopping. There are so many charitable organizations trying to help people and animals. These organizations don't receive funding and arms because rich people can't make money out of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
@Cancerwarrior. Wise words.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am one of those guys who NEVER thinks that conflict is a solution, so call me a pacifist or whatever.
But even despite that, I even "toyingly" thought about this idea. The fact that YPG has loads of women in it which now get slaughtered by ISIS certainly played a role also.

BUT LET'S GET REAL!!!

What those guys need is NOT some idealistic individuals or a few biker gangs supporting them.

THEY NEED REAL HELP, eg. in the form of ground troops. But it doesn't come simply because this is not about oil, we all know that.

Also..should you go there...consider that language barrier could be a big problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Not condescending, just sarcastic. Only because I was a 25 year old idealistic young man at one time with pie in the sky notions of whats "right" just like you are now. Of course, I would not have listened to anyone else either probably.

Sometimes the smartass comes out and I can't help it. Get used to it. Since you seem so intent on your "good fight" you're gonna be dealing with alot more than smartasses.

Regardless, the ypg are fighting the good fight

An oxymoron if there ever was one.

the dr says this will probably shave years off my life

Doctors are wrong ALOT, I'm proof of that bud.

Be safe. I hope your health gets better too.

Take some time to seriously reflect on your reasons for wanting to do this and be honest with yourself about them.

edit on 25-10-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The aim of the media is to repaint grey things in black and white. The Kurds are mostly muslim which you're not so fond of, and they have terrorist movements as well, such as the party in Turkey. You'd surely go there idealistic and quickly realise that the Kurds arent who you thought either...

As other posters have said, its a mess we dont understand well where there are so many groups and ethnicities vying for control, you will never be fighting who you think.

If you are dead set on fighting for a cause, I think you are better off at home. It is a bizarre fact that the Zetas cartel and others have decapitated more people than isis has... they have killed more Americans... and they are right on your border smuggling drugs and shooting people. You should join the border patrol, and you can still go home every weekend!

However if you did choose to go, I'd go with ya.

I didnt think it was condescending at all, it smells of experience. Brilliant post

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

What a nice thing yo say

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

If your serious about going , pm me, need as many as we can get the ypg will put us westerners together. There are plans being put in place because of the response from westerners that was unexpected but welcome. Btw this is not a terrorist organisation and is not on the U.S terror list.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not being on a terrorism list doesnt mean they dont commit terrorist acts - remember that the US and others lift designations of terrorism on groups if it suits them.

And dont forget the world's largest exporter of terrorism, Saudi Arabia, is America's closest friend.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

need as many as we can get the ypg will put us westerners together

There are plans being put in place because of the response from westerners that was unexpected but welcome

Of course they will. The Roman legions would recruit foreign mercenaries into their army. That way foreigners could be sent in first and used as cannon fodder. If you believe that they will see you as an equal to them then you are more naive than I initially thought.

Btw this is not a terrorist organisation and is not on the U.S terror list.

As another poster pointed out, that means absolutely nothing.

Saudi Arabia has crucifixtions and beheadings every day just like your "bad guys". Funny thing is its OK when they do it since they are a regional US ally nothing is ever said about it.

If I seem condescending too bad. You need a pretty big reality check.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No its fair enough and i welcome your opinion. Thank you for participating i disagree with you. Perhaps i gotta find out for my own. The dialouge i am having with them is convincing, call me niave. I havent fully made my choice but i appreciate your straight to the point attitude and with these kinds of things id rather you be blunt than beat around the bush. I did open myself up for critism so thank you again. I will consider what you say, clearl its said with good intention otherwise you wouldnt say anything at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The dialouge i am having with them is convincing, call me niave.

Keep in mind brother talk is cheap and the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions.

I guess I should not have said naive, you're just young and still learning life.

You're a smart young guy, much smarter than the average joe. I personally believe that America is in for one hell of a economic collapse soon that will totally blindside most Americans. We will need good people with strong morals such as yourself here at home. (just my opinion of course, but it is inevitable at some point)

And remember, nobody comes with an expiration date. I've had the doctors be wrong with me more times than they have been right. Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer by far and 80 percent of Melanoma patients are dead one year after diagnosis. I've been alive for almost 4 now out of plain old stubbornness. Every day is a blessing.

Regardless of what you do God bless and keep your head down and chin up, whether you're on a battlefield or not.

edit on 27-10-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I see you are offline now - but, watching CNN this evening, I see that a guy named Matson (US citizen) did exactly what you are proposing to do.

Again, I urge you to stay out of it. You can do far more toward improving the world by staying here and helping educate people. EDUCATION is the key to solving all of this unrest.

edit on 10/27/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

thank you mam, infact i am in contact with jordan, i agree education is a key factor in preventing genocide but now that its taken place, defense is the only way. i appreciate what your saying. looks like four months from now ill be on my way. i feel these people need our help and im willing to do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

looks like four months from now ill be on my way. i feel these people need our help and im willing to do it.

Seems you've made your mind up.

One thing I want to ask you, have you read about any of the history of ISIS? I mean not just what the pretty people on TV say about it, I mean have you done any kind of digging or research at all on them?

Clearly the rise of this so called Islamic state did not just happen overnight. It also did not happen by any accident. It happened as the logical result of the US foreign policy of waging proxy wars all over the ME. The US has said that ISIS has built itself out of nowhere from "donations" selling oil on the black market and ransoms. If its just that easy to make a multinational terrorist mercenary force, why aren't Iraq, Iran, Syria etc. making up their own? Makes no sense.

You have to realize that there were never any "moderates" to begin with. The US is intentionally arming and funding terrorists overseas all the while espousing those very same terrorists as the enemy. It is all so ridiculously insane thinking about it makes me nauseated.

But I guess it does'nt matter since its the genocide you're worried about.

genocidewatch.net...

There you go. After you finish off ISIS (providing you don't get shot or your heart blow up on you)there are many others on the genocide list you can "make a difference" with. Just because ISIS is getting all the media attention right now does'nt mean its the only place in the world where it is happening. It happening all over Asia, Africa and as another poster pointed out right close to home in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I feel this where i belong. Its my life my body. My choice to die.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I feel this where i belong. Its my life my body. My choice to die.

You realize you sound just like a Jihadi?

There is nothing noble, or honorable about throwing your life away. No matter what you tell yourself to justify it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Hi..
You dont know me for sure
I think you have a great heart.. and it really cant be fight in ground...
The only way to do it for now is by the sky and pray dont kill to many inoccents...
I think you made a honor step, making the possibility to go there, but i think you are to important to desapear there.
Stay where you are... help people you see all days... even in a small way
Because the true is that if we really want to help, you can easy find that you see all days people who need help.
And let your family and the people who care for you to fell your love for them!
Like i told you i know i am only a small drop in ocean that you dont know..
I am just a person in the world ... some times a sick world... but i think we can make it healthy if we just help the people we cross each day...
We cant change the all world, but you can make our world a little better... dont you think
Please dont go! You are needed here (where you are) !
And big hug!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join