It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanhedren Reestablished - Ascend Temple Mount

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't think this is a religious 'conspiracy' - however
it is religious in nature so I put it here. If mods want
it moved ... go ahead.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

This is a very long article. The last paragraph was the
most interesting (at least to me). It looks like one more
piece of the apocolyptic puzzle is being put into place.
Elijah (the Prophet) must present himself before a
duly-ordained Sanhedrin when he announces the
(second) coming of the Messiah. The Jews will see
it as a first coming, Christians as the second coming
(in Judgement). Anyways ... this has apocolyptic
prophecy fulfilling potential.

Excerpt ....

Members of Reestablished Sanhedrin Ascend Temple Mount
Dec 09 2004
Israel National News

In a dramatic but unpublicized move Monday, members of the newly established Sanhedrin ascended the Temple Mount, Judaism’s holiest site.

Close to fifty recently ordained “samuchim,” members of the Sanhedrin, lined up at the foot of the Temple Mount Monday morning. The men, many ascending the Temple Mount for the first time, had immersed in mikvaot (ritual baths) that morning and planned to ascend as a group. Despite prior approval from the Israeli police who oversee entry to the Mount, the officers barred the group from entering the Mount together, saying they could only ascend in groups of ten.

The Sanhedrin, a religious assembly of 71 sages that sat from the time of the Holy Temple through 425 CE, was the highest Jewish legal-judicial tribunal in the Land of Israel. The great court used to convene in one of the Temple’s chambers in Jerusalem. On October 14, the Sanhedrin was reestablished for the first time in 1,600 years, at the site of its last meeting in Tiberius.

“There is a special mitzvah, not connected to time, but tied to our presence in Israel, to establish a Sanhedrin,” Rabbi Meir HaLevi (no relation), one of the 71 members of the new Sanhedrin, told Israel National Radio’s Weekend Edition. “The Rambam [12th century Torah scholar Maimonides] describes the process exactly in [his seminal work cod2ifying Jewish Law] the Mishna Torah. When he wrote it there was no Sanhedrin, and he therefore outlines the steps necessary to establish one. When there is a majority of rabbis, in Israel, who authorize one person to be a ‘samuch,’ an authority, he can then reestablish the Sanhedrin.”

Those behind the revival of the Sanhedrin stress that the revival of the legal body is not optional, but mandated by the Torah. “We don’t have a choice,” says Rabbi Richman, “it is a religious mandate for us to establish a Sanhedrin.”

BULK OF ARTICLE HERE ... go to the site to read

“We Jews went into exiles all over the world,” HaLevi told INR’s Weekend Edition. “Every community established its own court. We are talking about more than 50 different legal systems developing apart from one another. Part of our return to Israel is the reunification of our Jewish practices.”

There is a tradition (Tractate Megillah 17b, Rashi) that the Sanhedrin will be restored after a partial ingathering of the Jewish exiles, but before Jerusalem is completely rebuilt and restored. There is also a Talmudic tradition (Eruvin 43b; Maharatz Chajas ad loc; Rashash , Sanhedrin 13b) that Elijah the Prophet will present himself before a duly-ordained Sanhedrin when he announces the coming of the Messiah, meaning that – despite common misconceptions - a Sanhedrin is a pre-, not post-messianic institution.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't think this is a religious 'conspiracy' - however
it is religious in nature so I put it here. If mods want
it moved ... go ahead.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

This is a very long article. The last paragraph was the
most interesting (at least to me). It looks like one more
piece of the apocolyptic puzzle is being put into place.
(second) coming of the Messiah.

Second comming? For elijah and the other jews there hasn' t been a first comming, and not an apocalypse. What occupier of isreal is the messiah commander going to overthrow?

Close to fifty recently ordained “samuchim,” members of the Sanhedrin,

Who had the authority to ordain them as sanhedrin?

lined up at the foot of the Temple Mount Monday morning. The men, many ascending the Temple Mount for the first time, had immersed in mikvaot (ritual baths) that morning and planned to ascend as a group. Despite prior approval from the Israeli police who oversee entry to the Mount, the officers barred the group from entering the Mount together, saying they could only ascend in groups of ten.

The Sanhedrin, a religious assembly of 71 sages that sat from the time of the Holy Temple through 425 CE, was the highest Jewish legal-judicial tribunal in the Land of Israel. [...] On October 14, the Sanhedrin was reestablished for the first time in 1,600 years, at the site of its last meeting in Tiberius.
Well they certainly don't have any of this old legal authority now.

When there is a majority of rabbis, in Israel, who authorize one person to be a ‘samuch,’ an authority, he can then reestablish the Sanhedrin.”

Don't know if I buy that. Obviously this goup is supposed to have legal authority, and this new one doesn't.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Second comming? For elijah and the other jews there hasn' t been a first comming, and not an apocalypse. What occupier of isreal is the messiah commander going to overthrow?

Yep, I know that there hasn't been a first coming for the Jews.
I said that. For them, this COULD be a precurser to a first coming.
For Christians, this looks like things are getting lined up for the
second coming.

No one, that I know of, has occupied Israel. However, if in the
near future they ARE ... then the Sanhedren would be in place for
Elijah to go talk to.

I question the legality of this 'Sanhedren'. I am not up on Jewish
laws - secular or religious. IF this 'Sanhedren' is religiously
legal, then it looks like a bit of the prophetic puzzle MAY BE coming
together.

Then again ... it could be nothing at all except some traditional
Jews wishing religious things would be like they used to be
1,600 years ago.

I just found it interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
(second) coming of the Messiah. The Jews will see
it as a first coming, Christians as the second coming
(in Judgement).

What kind of drugs are you on? if you knew anything about the bible you would know that the one who the jews will call the messiah, will be the antichrist, and when christ returns, he is coming to destroy the anti-christ and his followers.

read my signature

new topics

top topics

join