It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Forces Churches to Directly Fund Abortions, Churches Refuse to Comply?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Logarock

Your outrage is misplaced. This is a non-issue being sensationalized by the pro-life media. It's already been exposed as a hoax and should be moved before more people like you who don't read the thread and post in it show up.

Hay just answering it like its laid out. And wow 4 pages for a hoax thread and it hasn't been moved yet?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The religious right has been on a frenzy lately, posting a lot of fake/half-true web content, trying to get their base all outraged and in a frenzy. I think they are a bit miffed with the recent gay marriage rulings or something.

I don't know, but it's getting annoying.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Right back at ya buddy.

You don't even know what it is I'm talking about. All I've done is make a couple of very vague comments without any details. But even then you must go on the attack. Well, go ahead. That kind of sh*t is becoming so common lately it would almost shock me more if it didn't happen.

You were not very vague or vague at all.

And yea it is becoming more common with me anyway to use similar hyped up tone when retorting to hard liberals. They love to toss around pejoratives but really get their backs up when its aimed toward them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

The religious right has been on a frenzy lately, posting a lot of fake/half-true web content, trying to get their base all outraged and in a frenzy. I think they are a bit miffed with the recent gay marriage rulings or something.

I suspect you may mean, without knowing it, that they have been refraining for a while around ATS from coming back hard. The biggest users of "hate speech" and I don't mind really, around ATS for a while have been the un-religious, constitutionally ignorant and hatting deep left types. They have been on a clear frenzy around here for a while.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Oh yeah, the religious right wingnuts here at ATS are known for their restraint and demure approach.

Take a moment and read what you're writing; does it seem just a wee bit ludicrous to you, too?

I would love for you to give clear evidence, rather than more empty rhetoric, of the "un-religious, constitutionally ignorant and hatting deep left types" you're referring to.

Feel up to that?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

What we're seeing is the difference between individual rights and collective rights.

Individual rights are being sacrificed for the "common good" or as a "compromise" for collective rights.

Laws are being written now to address the collective and to ignore the individual.

Infringing on individual rights is deemed acceptable just so long as the "group" sees a justification for such laws.

It's an erosion of individual rights. I think that's why so many are speaking out. I'd have to do some research, but I want to think that past laws were written in a way to protect the individual.

So much now, we're seeing laws that basically say, "Tough! Suck it up, buttercup!" to the individual in order to bring about sweeping legislation that protects groups.

I like to think that everyone has equal rights, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. But that isn't the case any longer.

A gay couple could marry as long as it didn't infringe upon the beliefs of a person who's religion didn't agree with that union.
Abortions could happen, as long as people who were against it didn't have to pay for it.

But as we're seeing, the good of the few, are out-weighing the needs of the many. (Yeah, Star Trek)

And ironically, people are arguing FOR the collective, sweeping legislation that ignores the individual.

Anyway, that's how I'm seeing it.

*meh*

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

can my church get taxpayer money also??
or just the catholic church?
we're pentecostal and I am afraid the catholic church would try to do an exorcism on us the first time we started speaking in tongues during mass.
also a recent flood has killed our snakes, guess they didn't take their swimming lessons seriously enough. can we use the money that the gov't gives us to obtain new ones and train them (not to mention give them better swimming lessons!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
when it comes to what is being discussed here I think it's more likely a money issue.
the more people are pushed down the economic ladder and into dependence (not only of the gov't but also such things as insurance companies) the more bickering there will be as to just what the funds being used to fill that dependency is used for.
the simplest solution would be to make it so that a very large portion of the population can fill their healthcare needs without being dependent on either gov't or insurance.
but that won't happen will it??

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: xuenchen

I think it can be assumed that kalifornia has been completely taken over by environmentalist atheist communists at this point. They gave up their gun rights willingly, so they're screwed. See what happens, kids?

yes please....all of you thinking of moving to California...stay away...it's such a bad state to live in, don't come here, we'll muddle through somehow. the state all of you like-minded thinkers need to move to, is Texas...they don't have many of those unnecessary and communistic protections of air, water, food, chemical, labor, health, etc. for citizens. it's every person for themselves, and the Texas republicans love it that way.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No cause then they will know that I know.

But yea I don't have what you will call a demure style. But again that depends on how touchy someone is.

And their is this other thing. Folks that are really out of touch and think because of numbers, comfort in numbers, that there is not such thing as disagreement save by really crazy people. I mean who in the h#ll has that luxury in this life these days.....on a site like this? ATS serves a public service on exposure grounds alone. Its really not any of our very own personal propaganda site.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
when it comes to what is being discussed here I think it's more likely a money issue.
the more people are pushed down the economic ladder and into dependence (not only of the gov't but also such things as insurance companies) the more bickering there will be as to just what the funds being used to fill that dependency is used for.
the simplest solution would be to make it so that a very large portion of the population can fill their healthcare needs without being dependent on either gov't or insurance.

The key to the healthcare issue was never finding ways to pay for the high costs.

The key was to find ways to lower the costs so everyone could have a choice and a say in their own individual healthcare needs.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

LOL. Yea Texas vs California.....the two worlds of Utopia!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Take that up with the mods. Though maybe it should be moved to the LOL forum since it seems more like a ludicrous online lie than a hoax.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If true then this will be outright unconstitutional. You cant argue morality. I dont care how many heart string arguments you make or how much you see it as a equality to make them pay for this.

You dont have rights because of a moral code. You have them because of natural law. A basic natural right is to be able to choose to help someone or not. If not you are being forced....which is bad...mmmmm-kay.

What you guys who support this are saying is that if you have someone who is morally opposed to war by religious limitation, like an orthodox Jew, then they too have to engage in supporting a standing army with their religious donations meant for God, and just accept the sin they see that as.

I dont know if this is true. A first year law student could tell you how this will be shot down in the courts and how it will be crushed in higher courts....possibly invoking further action to limit the rights of women as far as contraceptive use that the state sponsors on grounds of violating religious right to practice without state interference. Thats why people were opposed to it even being included into Obama care. It really could create a judicial nightmare.

You cant make someone support something they dont agree with morally, ethically, or religiously. It is a violation of their natural rights...moral or not.

edit on 10 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if regular, hard-working, weekly, paycheck people got the same percentage raise in their incomes, as did the top 1%, this wouldn't be an issue....but the stupid electorate keep voting against they're own interests, while the wealthy laugh all the way to the bank.....
edit on 23-10-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

then they should kill the social service system all together since some of us feel that it's not quite right to take the food out of one hungry child just to give it to another hungry child they feel is more deserving! and well the way the social service system was being run and probably still is this is what happens they take mone from one family that isn't making enough to adequately feed their family so they can give it to another who they feel deserves the money because they make an extra .25 an hour in pay!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I suspect you may mean, without knowing it, that they have been refraining for a while around ATS from coming back hard. The biggest users of "hate speech" and I don't mind really, around ATS for a while have been the un-religious, constitutionally ignorant and hatting deep left types. They have been on a clear frenzy around here for a while.

I disagree. There may be some "lefties" around here that are vocal on certain issues and they may get a bit snarky, but that does not compare to the outrageous extent the fringe religious right goes to on topics such as gay marriage, Islam, immigration, etc.

I've never seen a lefty wish any physical harm to anyone (except maybe to out of control LEO's), but I have seen people on the Right call for the killing of illegal immigrants and Muslims.

I don't see many leftist threads with sources that go the extremes like we do with Breitbart and many of the other "patriot" sites that peddle outright lie or half-truths.

One thing I learned in high school is that you can learn a lot about people by what products are marketed to them. In the case of the extreme right, we can see that these people are drawn in to ignorance, fear and a false sense of righteousness...because that is what is marketed to them in the media.

Then it trickles down to us on ATS.

Big difference from what I see from the left.
edit on 10/23/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: jimmyx

LOL. Yea Texas vs California.....the two worlds of Utopia!

at least California doesn't actively try and discourage voting as has Ohio. in Ohio the second amendment is a lot more important than voting...I guess that is your idea of utopia
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I don't wish to discuss the actual issues, because it's all been done before and I doubt we could come to a compromise. My comments were about the extent that people are going to push back against the recent trend of equal rights and application of the law.

There's a lot of lies and disinfo going around to get the extreme right outraged. But that's par for the course, is it not?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't wish to discuss the actual issues, because it's all been done before and I doubt we could come to a compromise. My comments were about the extent that people are going to push back against the recent trend of equal rights and application of the law.

There's a lot of lies and disinfo going around to get the extreme right outraged. But that's par for the course, is it not?

And if/when there is a conservative ever in office, the left will be equally outraged and have a plethora of unusual sources and imflamatory rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join