It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Forces Churches to Directly Fund Abortions, Churches Refuse to Comply?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It is obviously a new thing, that (maybe) leftists weren't aware of.

That many (if not most) conservative christians are against abortion in any way or manner.

Sigh,

Jesuit-run Santa Clara University and Loyola Marymount University notified employees last fall that they planned to stop paying for elective abortions, but said faculty and staff members could pay for supplemental coverage that would be provided through a third party. The two schools said their insurers, Anthem Blue Cross and Kaiser Permanente, had cleared the move with the state.

These "Jesuit-run" universities were offering abortive services BEFORE the ACA. Now, they have found a loop hole where they can have the TAX PAYERS (that pesky 3rd party) pay for it instead! Very Christian indeed!

edit on 22-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Go work for a same faith employer that is exempt from all these laws and Constitutions and above the rights of others if you can't handle being out in the public where people of different religions or no religions and people of all kinds of colors, genders and orientations and beliefs... exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Go work for a same faith employer that is exempt from all these laws and Constitutions and above the rights of others if you can't handle being out in the public where people of different religions or no religions and people of all kinds of colors, genders and orientations and beliefs... exist.

Gee ... how tolerant.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Churches aren't, not in California... not anywhere in the US. The article is dishonest.

If they must pay for a policy that covers abortion, then they are because they have no choice in the matter. It's like saying, "We know you are opposed to owning a black horse, and we won't make you buy a black horse. It's just too bad the only horses for sale are all black."
edit on 22-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Tough sht. In a diverse nation, at some you have to compromise as to where everyone is exactly the same in the eyes of the law, where your religion and beliefs can't determine how much liberty I have. The public is the perfect place for such. And if your faith is so strong, so sensitive to the outside world, don't go to the outside world. Common sense (ha!).

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

They are exempt from paying for the abortions covered in those plans. See my post here

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No they're not. As someone else who thought we were too dense to understand insurance pointed out:

In insurance, you pay a premium that covers everyone in the pool. If the policy has abortion in the covered plan at all, even if you aren't directly paying for it, then you are still covering the abortions of others also in the pool.

It's like saying that no taxpayer money funds Planned Parenthood's abortions. Sure, they don't put the tax dollars directly toward them, but they use it to free up money that then can be used that way. Clever accounting tricks.

Unless there are two distinct plans or pools, then money from the premiums is in the pool and will cover abortions for others in the plan.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Tough sht. In a diverse nation, at some you have to compromise as to where everyone is exactly the same in the eyes of the law, where your religion and beliefs can't determine how much liberty I have. The public is the perfect place for such. And if your faith is so strong, so sensitive to the outside world, don't go to the outside world. Common sense (ha!).

Everyone has to compromise.

At some point, you have to stop jamming your morals down my throat or else this stops being a diverse nation and becomes the nation is only allowed to look and think and believe like you.

Maybe you ought to take a good, long look in the mirror and re-read your statement. If it's wrong for me to force my beliefs on you, it is equally wrong to force yours on me which is what you are doing.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
At some point, you have to stop jamming your morals down my throat

Right back at'cha.

Churches are exempt. It's right there in plain English.

If it's wrong for me to force my beliefs on you, it is equally wrong to force yours on me

No one is forcing you to get an abortion. I have to pay for breeders to have kids and for their health care. I don't like it, but that's the way it works.

For those that tell the gay couple to "go to another baker", I'm telling you, move to another state. If you don't like California's laws, there are 49 other states in this country for you to choose from.

It's quite a different story when the shoe is on the other foot, eh?

This thread should be moved to the Ludicrous Online Lies forum...
edit on 10/22/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yes they are exempt. Re-read.

I'm not jamming my morals down your throat, only demanding that you stop jamming yours down mine.

ETA: Maybe you don't understand insurance pools. Each pool is a separate employer type.
edit on 10/22/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Where is the compromise?

I get that if I lived in California, I'd have to pay.

But everyone says it is a compromise.

It was my understanding that a compromise was when both sides sacrificed on an issue.

So where is the compromise?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hey. I just wrote a reply to you and it got eating up and is now in internet limbo. I didn't want you to think I was just ignoring your question but I don't have the patience to write it again right now. I will try and answer it again later.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The public sacrifice is having a rather large segment of business (churches, non-profits) tax exempt. Beliefs are kept safe, tax revenues are lost. Personally, I don't care about the lost tax revenue... but it does seem a fair compromise.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But churches were already exempt, were they not?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yes, that compromise was made a long ass time ago...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, that compromise was made a long ass time ago...

Ahhhh, now I get it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"STATES RIGHTS! STATES RIGHTS! STATES RIGHTS!"

"I'm a Tenther, yesirree; 10th Amendment, Baby, States have all powers reserved to them not ... "

"What, wait, what? ... so the State of California is doing WHAT now ... ???"

"WHAT IS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS OUTRAGEOUS ABUSE OF JUSTICE???"

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In insurance, you pay a premium that covers everyone in the pool. If the policy has abortion in the covered plan at all, even if you aren't directly paying for it, then you are still covering the abortions of others also in the pool.

Then don't ever use money ever again and stop living within the civilization in general. Why?? Because every transaction, every tax payment, every item you purchase, meal you pay for, donation you give. Everything. All Indirectly pays for War, Child Labor, Drug Cartels, Law Enforcement, Drug Trafficking, School Lunches, Sweat Shops, Environmental Protection, Environmental Destruction, Healthcare Reform, Government Wages, Pollution, Propaganda, etc. In other words every single person who actively uses money and lives in society is indirectly paying for everything that is happening. There is no escape from it aside from Death or living in a hole in the middle of nowhere.

Do you actually think that just because you don't Directly cut a check to something that you aren't somehow Indirectly funding it somehow, because you are. It's out of your hands and you aren't responsible for it, but it's there. If you've ever bought anything by Nike, you've paid for horrible child labor sweat shops over seas. If you pay your taxes, you've paid to kill innocent women and children somewhere on this planet. If you've donated to your church, god only knows the extent of abuse you've caused the world over. That's society for ya. We are a collective. We are all INDIRECTLY responsible for all of it, even though we are only Directly Responsible for some of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I see what you did there and I like it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2014 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join