It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real time Milky Way videos (Sony A7S)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi All

From the camera that brought you the real time Aurora video now some real time Milky Way video.

First video also comments on the benefits for Astrophotography using this camera as we a have our own members Astrophotography thread many may find that of interest.

Thread link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Videos

Enjoy everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Very nice, I have followed Iian for awhile now. I am ditching my old mirrored DSLRs and moving to mirrorless I been eye balling the Sony for about a month now and I think that is the one I'm going with as soon as the missus gives me the go ahead.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Nice one, if you to get it please get some pictures up asap as I know you are a regular poster on the Astrophotography thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
Roger that

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

For your viewing pleasure from my handy dandy old 1100d

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Nice !

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
splendid

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
All that sunshine, and still so dark

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Neat, real time video of the stars. I'm sure NASA will be eager to see how it performs in space, like on an EVA from the ISS. Of course it should easily be able to detect the solar system planets too.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

Neat, real time video of the stars. I'm sure NASA will be eager to see how it performs in space, like on an EVA from the ISS. Of course it should easily be able to detect the solar system planets too.

You mean images like this

From a post YOU failed to answer over a year ago!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

When I first got into photography, I used a Sony DSLR A200. They're amazing cameras...Even though I've since graduated to a Nikon D750, I still miss my old buddy. I passed it along to my 13 year old but, there are days when I considered snagging it back

I'll have to check out the astrophotography thread. Even though it's not in my wheelhouse, I still admire it from afar.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Gorgeous. I've never had the infinite patience required for time lapse photography. I assume you shoot in raw, do you use Photoshop for processing or are there specialty programs ? Do you ever digitally stitch multiple shots together (sort of like HDR) or do you use long exposures with manual settings?

Sorry for my nosiness, I'm just in awe of these types of photos.
edit on 23-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

I assume you shoot in raw, do you use Photoshop for processing or are there specialty programs ? 

I do, most of my post is in light room, but also use PS from time to time.

Do you ever digitally stitch multiple shots together (sort of like HDR) or do you use long exposures with manual settings? 

I do at times take one fram for the sky with a high exposure and one for the landscape with a lower exposure. Then blend them in PS.

Sorry for my nosiness, I'm just in awe of these types of photos.

No worries

Example of a blended sky to landscape but this one it reversed I lowered the sky exposure and raised the landscape one.

edit on 24-10-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Cool! Thanks for the reply. This is something I've long thought about trying but never actually got around to doing. You seem to have it down to a science though, and I admire that. Your shots are beautiful, btw.

top topics

join