It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Tangerine
I truly feel sorry for you, if those are the sorts of neighbors you have...and gee, how could you have "noticed" what your neighbors are gossiping about, unless you were part of the gossip 'circle'?

My experience (literally) has been that caring enough about my neighbors to notice when something doesn't seem 'right' (i.e. the examples at the bottom of my last post), has in fact saved a life - and prevented a major theft...

I'm no gossip.
I am a thoughtful, caring person who was doing what seemed a genuine act of kindness - allowing an exhausted census taker (she'd been walking door to door in a neighborhood with over a hundred houses) to 'finish' her day, instead of having to return after working hours to complete her assigned list...

....while at the same time, saving my neighbor (or his wife) having to deal with standing at their door answering questions after a long day's work - when they're tired and hungry, and just want to put some dinner together so they can relax and eat before having to get started on all the 'home' chores that sit waiting to be done at the end of every 10 to 12 hour work day.

And now, I am going to do the 'thoughtful' thing and finish my part of this conversation by saying -

OP, I apologize for accidentally starting an argument in your thread...I hope the situation with your neighbors turns out to be no big deal and I commend your kindness for caring enough about them to be concerned and to do something about it, instead of leaving them alone (and uninformed) with their "right to privacy"...

No doubt you meant well but that really isn't the point. You're forgetting the part about it not being your right to make the decision for your neighbors to share their personal information. I also don't doubt that you look out for your neighbors. So do I.

The conversation I presented was made up. I'm pretty sure most people understood that. However, I am aware of an incident that occurred that illustrates my argument that the first to share information about people don't usually do it because of concern about those people. A handful of gossips gathered daily to drink coffee and monitor the comings and goings of everyone who entered, left, or passed by the building where they gathered. One day, a woman collapsed in front of the building, not more than 50' from the gossip cabal. Not one of the gossips went to her aid or called for help. They just sat there speculating about the cause of her collapse. A passerby called an ambulance. No, I was not present, but the event was confirmed to me by the gossips themselves who stopped me as I later entered the building and told me about the woman's collapse. When I expressed shock that they had not called for help, one said, "Why should I have called? Susan (not real name) had a phone, too, and she didn't call."

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
She could have been some shady insurance investigator. Some of these characters are will stop at nothing to dig up any dirt possible on the person they are investigating. I had one stalk my wife at her place of work until I confronted him. Then I ran his plates and parked my truck outside his house and took pictures of him and his family. He evidently didn't like having the tables turned on him. Seeing the look on his face when he recognized me in my truck was priceless.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
9-paged thread on a situation which should have ended with:

I'm not buying;

not another end of the world;

go and ask them yourself;

no, thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: spych78

One post,to say-no one is forcing you to click on and read a thread, that does not in the least interest you.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
you would be surprised what your neighbors are willing to tell someone.I know my neighbors don't miss anything.whether or not they're willing to share that information with a stranger I don't know.

That's the truth. My neighbors once gave incredibly detailed info to a dodgy "book salesman". He was suspicious enough that I told my eldest to take her siblings inside, lock the door, grab the shotgun, call her father and shoot anything that tried to come in. My husband called the police and the guy was pulled over. They said his story checked out, but they had gotten a lot of complaints about the creepy guy in the box van with out of state plates asking personal info about neighborhood children. If ever given the opportunity I will cheerfully return the favor to my neighbors mr and mrs kravitz.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One thing I do know.

I don't want you as my neighbor.

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was well trained... or rather-poorly matched.

She appears to have controled the whole situtation from the second you opened the door.

edit on 10/25/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I guess I am surprised how paranoid people are in different places. I would not want to live in constant fear and anxiety about who comes to the door. Maybe it is just different lives and environments, but where I come from I don't even lock the door.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
She could have been health department personnel. They can be somewhat aloof and secretive at times. I always make people identify themselves when they come to the door. If I don't get to know who they are, they don't get any answers, and I call the police to check them out.

Best way to deal with this sort of thing.

I wouldn't have given her the time of day if she was being cagey about who she was, who she worked for, and why she was asking me questions.

She could have been anyone from a whacko stalking the couple down the road, to a psycho planning a double murder, to a burglar who wanted to know when they'd be in or out...or just about anything else in between.

If she wouldn't answer your reasonable questions OP and was acting evasive, why did you answer her and not demand to know who the hell she was?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

So I suppose today is the big day.. you'll be approaching the neighbors today right?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

in honor of not being able to flag your actions

As the song says..

Thats the way you do it

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
She could have been some shady insurance investigator. Some of these characters are will stop at nothing to dig up any dirt possible on the person they are investigating. I had one stalk my wife at her place of work until I confronted him. Then I ran his plates and parked my truck outside his house and took pictures of him and his family. He evidently didn't like having the tables turned on him. Seeing the look on his face when he recognized me in my truck was priceless.

I think that's near or at the top of likely scenarios.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

We had a couple attempted home invasions when I was a kid. They cased our house by pretending to be all sorts of things. Once they pretended to be a detective and asked about our neighbors. This story really stuck out for me.

They then gained access to the house on a follow up saying they were making sure our access points were not a threat to us because of a string of robberies in the area. Same fake cop though. They knew the layout to our house better than us by the time they came in force.

Like many said tell your neighbors everything and call the cops and MAKE them write a report about it.

A "super secret government" person can whip up any credential they like. They dont have to hide their credentials. They can make anything you need to see for any situation.

edit on 10 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

We had a couple attempted home invasions when I was a kid. They cased our house by pretending to be all sorts of things. Once they pretended to be a detective and asked about our neighbors. This story really stuck out for me.

They then gained access to the house on a follow up saying they were making sure our access points were not a threat to us because of a string of robberies in the area. Same fake cop though. They knew the layout to our house better than us by the time they came in force.

Like many said tell your neighbors everything and call the cops and MAKE them write a report about it.

A "super secret government" person can whip up any credential they like. They dont have to hide their credentials. They can make anything you need to see for any situation.

Any person with access to Kinkos could whip up official-looking credentials and, with a little practice, could come up with a good enough cover story to go door-to-door sucking information from people. Trained professionals would probably be able to do it so well they would never be suspected, even after the fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh give me a freakin break... I FILED the police report, have made SEVERAL attempts to talk to my neighbors, wrote a letter explaining what happened in detail to them... and all I actually told her was what ANYONE sitting on the corner could know. The second she wouldn't identify herself the conversation was over...

Some of you are acting like I gave this woman my neighbors social security numbers or something!

Honestly people... I GET that it's a serious matter, and I have taken every single bit of advice given here to resolve it, but the purpose of this thread is to report the strange encounter and to ask anyone with experience dealing with this sort of thing for advice and/or possible identification... it was NOT written and shared with you so I could be stripped down for being a "bad neighbor" or whatever.

Again, some of you need to chill... obviously I wasn't "fooled," or coerced into giving out sensitive information. I was fully aware of the visitors status as a pure stranger, and I was also fully aware of the virtual uselessness of the information I CHOSE to provide.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think you handled it very well.

I wonder if you might be mistaking some of the posts above addressed to a different poster who was saying that they gave much more information about a neighbor.

Now... have you seen your neighbors around? Are they ok? Have they contacted you since your letter?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I saw their lights and TV on last night, but it was past 9 o'clock. They have my letter and phone number, so honestly... I'm done harassing these people about what's probably nothing anyways.

They haven't called me, so... I'm guessing it is either a private matter or they aren't too worried about it either. They've been rich for a long time apparently, so they can probably handle themselves just fine I think.

Thank you for following the thread though. We're stuck with the mystery until my neighbors call me. If I keep going up to their door every day I'M gonna get the cops called on ME hahaha

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: tetra50

Yes, please link.

This happened to me around noon, and I've described in the highest detail possible what happened.

Very interested in this second account of a strange visitor.

Have you considered that they may have been casing YOU?

You were home around noon, which may have been unexpected, perhaps they were looking for people away at work during the day. Since they found you, then they asked about neighbors hours (not what kind of people they were, as in a background check), first, and not much else about them.

They tell doctors, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

I'm concerned about the burglary angle before any secret government G-men. Elderly aren't applying for a security clearance and in any case, the investigators would ask more about them. Disability investigators would ask about their health and habits, not their hours.

Be careful and warn the neighbors.
edit on 26-10-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

You make a good point, but my car was sitting in the driveway, so I "looked" home, so to speak.
As far as I can tell it's still a complete mystery, but I know this much:

My neighbors know what happened, and so do the police... but my neighbors haven't answered or asked me about it.

I have neither seen nor heard from this person since.

No robberies or break-ins have been attempted on my block.

My neighbors have lights/TV on at night, which indicates they are fine (but doesn't prove it, of course.)

I haven't seen them leaving or coming home, but I haven't been watching all that closely either.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: mbkennel

You make a good point, but my car was sitting in the driveway, so I "looked" home, so to speak.
As far as I can tell it's still a complete mystery, but I know this much:

My neighbors know what happened, and so do the police... but my neighbors haven't answered or asked me about it.

I have neither seen nor heard from this person since.

No robberies or break-ins have been attempted on my block.

My neighbors have lights/TV on at night, which indicates they are fine (but doesn't prove it, of course.)

I haven't seen them leaving or coming home, but I haven't been watching all that closely either.

Did you call the Health Department? If it was a legitimate person doing health research, that would be the likely source. What about all your other neighbors? Did they get a visitor?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

No, I haven't called the Health Department, that's one bit of advice I've decided to ignore. It's in my neighbors hands now. If my visitor was trained to avoid questioning, don't you think the health department would also keep quiet?

I haven't said anything to my other neighbors. I filed a police report. I hope I can catch my neighbor outside, or maybe they will call me back, IDK... but I'm not going door-to-door over this.

Gonna just have to wait n' see.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join