It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Good question, but I can't think of anyone else that would need a data collection device.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

We'll see once I talk to my neighbors, I'm sure. Unfortunate though, that our first conversation will be on such strange and private matters.

You have never spoken to your next door neighbors before? Americans are strange people.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

They are very old and keep to themselves, plus I haven't even lived here all that long.

We are friendly though: we smile and wave to each other in passing of course, but no... I haven't brought them over any muffins or anything like that...

What would I have to say to them anyways? We have pretty big yards, so it'd be kind of a shock to hear someone bellowing "NICE WEATHER THIS MORNING, EH?" down the hill, through the trees at you.

I think it's a case more specific than just being an American, friend.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

there is apparently a CIA training video
with a young bush & associate
fast-talking their way past some housewife
being offered coffee
and telling her "here ma'am, let me do that for you"
(instant access to further regions of the house)
but that's neither here nor there..

we're living in an age of security cameras everywhere..
..you could maybe place a sign in your front window YOU ARE BEING FILMED
and wait to see if this stuff happens again?

get your house in order if you can..
has a family member ever approached you (phone in hand) saying "there's someone on the phone for you" (?)
(the people i live with are drones)
i was 6 y.o & knew to ask "..who's calling please?"
the chain is only as strong as its weakest link

anyway don't mind me, just ranting
good luck & don't trust anyone over thirty

please talk to your neighbors about it
we have some old neighbors here, if i never talked to them, i would never have known they are angry about a large tree in the front yard that constantly drops leaves into their yard (i go there now to pick them all up from time to time)
..imagine the ill-feelings & negativity that could have developed if i never talked to them?
(it's not even my house or tree, i just rent a room down the back)
these days the neighbors have 3 contact phone numbers for us...
they haven't even called yet.. i don't think anything bad will happen if you are just kind & decent to you neighbors..
..they might even appreciate it?
edit on 22-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: love thy neighbor

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I'm really not all that worried about it to be quite honest with you. I didn't tell her anything about my neighbors she couldn't see for herself, and I'm sure if someone REALLY wanted to investigate me, they wouldn't be sending some Soccer-mom in a rental car to come ask me silly questions about my neighbors!

edit:

You're right, I've already resolved to speak to the neighbors about it, even before the police. If they can't/won't explain what it was about, then I'll file a police report. But if they can, there is no reason to bring the Police Department into their personal affairs.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You probably just got cased.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

hey that's cool
but what happens when/if these people are visiting your neighbors
and asking questions about you?

oh, glad to hear it

(if you're lucky you'll come away with a new recipe too)
edit on 22-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: good things will come from this

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I already know exactly what my neighbors know about me, so I couldn't care less if they are questioned about me. I doubt they'd even recognize me at the supermarket... But I would hope they'd do me the same favor I'm doing them: by letting me know.

I'm with ya 100%. This could be the beginning of a whole new chapter of life with my neighbors and I. Baking and sailing and just having a real classy time in general. But seriously, there's nothing wrong with meeting ones neighbors... and given their (and my own) affinity for privacy, it would almost be necessary for a strange encounter like this to cause us to actually meet.

That's the ticket!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeah you know what I would do is just keep my mouth shut and stay out of it.

You don't want to step into a pile of # in accident never know,

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Haha, probably good advice, but this whole topic keeps cracking me up...

On one hand, I'm considering all these possibilities of fraud, divorce, Ebola, FBI, CIA, IRS, CDC, etc....

But then I remember that we're talking about a couple who must be at least in their 70s, who have lived in that same house since before THIS house was built... and I start laughing.

But yet... there was this very shady lady asking me about them today... and so I wonder. Maybe we just got cased?

But then I laugh even more because we live in a suburb with a population of 3,339 and we both live on exactly the same corner as the police station. There is a giant open field, the police station and our cul du sac, all right next to each other...

I'm sorry if I'm being flippant (I really do appreciate everyone's input) but none of this adds up at this point. I can't wait to talk to them about this and hopefully see what's going on.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If she did not identify herself, why did you answer?
I would not have done this.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Because neither the question, the asker, nor the answer appeared to be of any threat to them or myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Cases like your house might get robbed.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It's now about 8:15 PM and I'm wondering if you have spoken with your neighbors yet? I recall you saying that they kept "normal hours and that they were at least in their 70's. They are out quite late then aren't they? I am just anxious to find out their take on the inquisitive woman.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
She could have been health department personnel. They can be somewhat aloof and secretive at times. I always make people identify themselves when they come to the door. If I don't get to know who they are, they don't get any answers, and I call the police to check them out.

Well done - well put.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh, I know exactly what "casing the joint" means, but I assure you: If she was casing my house she's wasting her time.

We don't have anything worth stealing (especially not in the foyer, which is all she could see.) More so: our doors and windows are just as much locked as they would be if she hadn't stopped by, so really... it was a waste of time and gas money to come out here and make believe for the sake of "casing" this house.

Also, pretty much everything that's actually valuable in this house is made for killing, haha. This is not the place.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
meh some strange people coming to my house asking me about my neighbors will get no answers... Oddly enough, the ordeal made a hot toppic on ats...

I say bullcrap...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

It's now about 8:15 PM and I'm wondering if you have spoken with your neighbors yet? I recall you saying that they kept "normal hours and that they were at least in their 70's. They are out quite late then aren't they? I am just anxious to find out their take on the inquisitive woman.

I'm going to take a stroll over there in the morning/afternoon tomorrow. (Hope nothing happens overnight...I'll be watching... Orionids to peak tonight)

I am interested in possibly finding more out, but I'm also kind of nervous about bothering these people to ask about this high-strangeness. Although... whoever is after them didn't mind bothering ME with it... but it can wait until tomorrow I think.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
meh some strange people coming to my house asking me about my neighbors will get no answers... Oddly enough, the ordeal made a hot toppic on ats...

I say bullcrap...

Do you mean to say that I made the whole thing up? (Because I could do SO much better than "Mysterious Inquisitive Visitor" if I wanted to go all fictitious on ATS)

Or do you mean that the situation (that lady) was (full of) "bullcrap?"

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
hmmm... 2 thingd I have personal experience with...1) as a former PI...we would use a 'false pretense' to gain info for further investigation in the future...yes it is illegal but only if you use the Info gained in court

2) a censes worker...I was selected fir the 78 question ' -enhanced censes' I think its called the american coumunity servey...my thread..www.abovetopsecret.com... will lie and threaten thier way into your home.....say nothing to no one :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join