It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: Tangerine

No, I haven't called the Health Department, that's one bit of advice I've decided to ignore. It's in my neighbors hands now. If my visitor was trained to avoid questioning, don't you think the health department would also keep quiet?

I haven't said anything to my other neighbors. I filed a police report. I hope I can catch my neighbor outside, or maybe they will call me back, IDK... but I'm not going door-to-door over this.

Gonna just have to wait n' see.

It makes no sense to me that you didn't contact the agency most likely responsible if her story was true. If I were you I would also want to find out if other neighbors had the same visitor or whether I have been targeted for some unknown reason. But that's me. The attention you've received on this thread won't solve the mystery and the police will probably never tell you anything because they probably won't pursue it. I guess we all have different priorities and the choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Contact other neighbors why? They would already be aware yet the police hadn't gotten any other reports when I spoke with them. And the Health Department... should I call and ask them if they had any people in my area asking people blunt questions with no credentials whatsoever? Because I highly doubt that is Policy there. Of course she could have been casing my place, but like I said before, they are going to have a bad time, and if that were the case, the information about my neighbor would be even more useless.

Your points are valid given the wide-view, but I'm in the close up-view of the situation. It may be logical to do what you're saying, but in this case what's done is done and I have to just wait for either a chance casual conversation or a telephone call, because like I said: I've done a lot (including this thread and listening to all the wonderful, first-hand opinions and advice from the forum) to help alert my neighbors and to figure out for myself what's behind what happened.

I want to know for myself... actually thought I would by now, assuming my neighbors would have answered the door or called or something. Maybe I'm wrong about the Health Department though... I feel sort of ridiculous calling them to ask about this, but we've come this far, and it wouldn't it really take much effort to call I guess. I just feel like it'll be a dead end.

It's the lack of communication from my neighbors that is bothering me and confounding the issue. Once that gets resolved, I'm sure there will be a reasonable explanation for it. That's exactly why I feel the steps I've already taken are appropriate. Soon as I hear anything I'll post it, of course.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

So... you finally did attempt to communicate with your neighbors.. but never to any avail.. I missed this part somewhere.. and they have yet to reach out to you..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Please do not frighten your neighbors! Remember they are elderly.. their peace of mind will probably arrive to the right conclusion..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: tony9802

Please do not frighten your neighbors! Remember they are elderly.. their peace of mind will probably arrive to the right conclusion..

They're elderly so they don't have a right to know that someone was gathering personal information about them? How patronizing. They have every right to know. At what age do you want to be dumped into the category of not deserving to be informed and think and make decisions for yourself?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

He is probably trying to figure out a way to find out if the story was true

It takes a while to come up with something along the the lines

1)Mrs. X stopped by my house on (gives a house on the same block but three houses over). I just wanted to put in a good word for her. She was professional and I wanted to know where I could email a positive thank you note. She was very professional..

a) will take the name
b) he plays dumb honest citizen
c) they might let it slip no one by that name works in the area

2)variation

Wishes to file complaint

a)sexist or harassment
b)racist
c)complained about having to be in the area

She was unprofessional

same results

It takes years and experience dealing with these things
He may not have handled it the way I have but he does not have my same experience in dealing with them

they WILL give him an email to email the concerns of positive things
Never failed me

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Very true. A free look in the house and now they know your friendly to random questions from random visitors? Keep your door locked mate. He he a reply to: ValentineWiggin

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I never said they did not have a right to be informed.. I said be tasteful during the process of delivering the information, so as not to frighten them.. if I were 70 or 80 years old, I probably would not be reading ATS comments, so they may not be as informed and as paranoid as you all seem to be.. To be honest with you, I might be worried about some neighbor who leaves letters in my mailbox concerning someone who stopped by requesting information about me..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Do you mean to tell us Aqualung2012, that after all of these days, you have yet to receive a response or any communication whatsoever from this elderly couple?? You just knock on their door say hello momentarily and bring to their attention the meanderings of this lady at your door.. they will arrive to some very astute and intutive conclusions,

Sounds like they are not following you.. or your purpose..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Do you mean to tell us Aqualung2012, that after all of these days, you have yet to receive a response or any communication whatsoever from this elderly couple?? You just knock on their door say hello momentarily and bring to their attention the meanderings of this lady at your door.. they will arrive to some very astute and intutive conclusions,

I've concluded that he doesn't really want to get to the bottom of this. He just wanted to start a thread. If someone knocked on your door claiming to be doing "health research", the obvious place to call first would be the Health Dept.. The OP indicated that he didn't want to do that. Was he concerned enough about the elderly couple to be sure he talked to them face-to-face. Nope. Was he concerned about his other neighbors or interested in whether they, too, had had a strange visitor? Nope.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
To the above two posters...

Tony, yes that is exactly what I'm telling you because that is exactly the case. Except in reality, I tried their door several times to no avail, and then left a letter to them describing the encounter with my phone number at the bottom, also to no avail.

And Tangerine, what on Earth do you mean I don't "really want to get to the bottom of this?" Have you read the thread at all? The encounter spawned the thread, not the other way around. I turned to ATS for advice first, and followed the majority of it, which included notifying police and contacting my neighbors. I did that.

Do you honestly think that the Health Department is going to give me any answers on this? Also, if you knew my neighborhood you would understand a bit better why I didn't feel it necessary to go door-to-door playing Neighborhood Watchman because of this. I seem to recall having a level-headed and earnest approach to this whole thing in my OP... I wasn't flagging the thing... I just wanted answers. The thread in and of itself, and everything that came from it was in effort to "get to the bottom of this," so don't try to say I'm not concerned about it.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
To the above two posters...

Tony, yes that is exactly what I'm telling you because that is exactly the case. Except in reality, I tried their door several times to no avail, and then left a letter to them describing the encounter with my phone number at the bottom, also to no avail. Maybe we skipped that part?

And Tangerine, what on Earth do you mean I don't "really want to get to the bottom of this?" Have you read the thread at all? The encounter spawned the thread, not the other way around. I turned to ATS for advice first, and followed the majority of it, which included notifying police and contacting my neighbors. I did that.

Do you honestly think that the Health Department is going to give me any answers on this? Also, if you knew my neighborhood you would understand a bit better why I didn't feel it necessary to go door-to-door playing Neighborhood Watchman because of this. I seem to recall having a level-headed and earnest approach to this whole thing in my OP... I wasn't flagging the thing... I just wanted answers. The thread in and of itself, and everything that came from it was in effort to "get to the bottom of this," so don't try to say I'm not concerned about it.

The only neighbors you mentioned going to were the elderly couple. Your other neighbors would be able to tell if they had a strange visitor, too. They might have actually read her ID badge and possess more information than you have. That would be valuable information to have in solving this puzzle. The first place you should have contacted was the Health Dept. Common sense says that a legitimate health research related survey would be conducted under their auspices. The fact that you didn't do either of these things tells me that you don't want to get to the bottom of it, you just want to talk about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Maybe one of your neighbors is on disability and she is an investigator for the insurance company? Perhaps she couldn't catch old Mr. Jones shooting hoops in his driveway with his "back injury" so she decided to canvass the neighbors.

I dealt with the craziest stuff with Liberty Mutual over a torn ACL & Workers Comp. I've been followed (not paranoia, I stopped, turned around, blocked them & asked them who they were...PI for the company) & taped as in video & photographed. Insurance companies pay private investigators to do that work. What PI's (or the insurance companies) don't do is knock on neighbors doors & ask questions. One, because medical stuff is covered under HIPPA and two, because it's possible that you are close to the subject and might give them away. I dealt with the FBI once, too. The only canvassing they do is if they are looking for someone, door to door. The rest of the time, they either come to you or call you with a restricted number on your unlisted cell number (in the middle of dinner with my parents, no less). lol. Also, they always travel in pairs. You won't have a solo agent on your porch. And, they show ID before they even speak. It won't be the police bc they would use a CI to get close to a target, they always show ID if they are in plainclothes, travel in pairs and rarely come to your door without explaining why they are there. The IRS (I know an investigator for them...though I don't know her real name. She admitted as much) doesn't operate like that but I can't tell you how they do operate. Sorry.

This is going to sound weird but what kind of sunglasses was she wearing? Be as specific as possible. The reason I ask is that a few agencies actually issue things like that to employees. That could be helpful to know. It's a thin line but anything is better than nothing. Also, it could just be something domestic. As in, guy cheating on his wife n she's the mistress or something bizarre like that.
My advice is this. Talk to your neighbors. Tell them what happened. Because, if it was the police, they would have warned you off so you aren't going to screw up an investigation or something. Communicate with them and maybe other neighbors as well so that everyone is aware of the lady with the questions.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I've concluded that he doesn't really want to get to the bottom of this. He just wanted to start a thread. If someone knocked on your door claiming to be doing "health research", the obvious place to call first would be the Health Dept.. The OP indicated that he didn't want to do that. Was he concerned enough about the elderly couple to be sure he talked to them face-to-face. Nope. Was he concerned about his other neighbors or interested in whether they, too, had had a strange visitor? Nope.

I think you're absolutely right Tangerine!! At least two weeks have gone by by now, and evidently at no point in time have the elderly couple communicated with Aqualung2012 about the "mysterious visit;" from "the lady;" Here's a thought that just came to mind: what if they never received the letter you left, and worst case scenario says that that letter was intercepted!!. Yes really, what if they never even received the letter? Didn't this all occur during or just before the Halloween weekend? What conclusions would you draw from that?

Here is what I would do: I would drop by say Saturday morning, while they are at home, reading the newspaper or enjoying their morning coffee, and simply speak to them.. I actually do not appreciate people with your behavio who just sort of let things fall and say to themselves "Oh well.." "I don't really care anyhow.." "There's nothing I can do about it now.." That type of neighborly apathy is actually quite disturbing.. Here is an idea If they did receive the letter, they must be a bit worried about it, and they obviously would feel apprehensive about knocking on your door, in the same way that you keep showing apprehension about knocking on their door a second time.. Why are you so AFRAID!! to talk to them in person?? You should go there in the morning, not after 9:00pm.. 9:00pm is an elder's stay at home time, 9:00pm is afterhours for the elderly(!).. it's better to see them and let them see you in full daylight in the morning.. while they are mowing the lawn, or attending to their garden..You don't really think about their age group do you?

At this point, almost an entire week or two later, I would just like to know what their ordinary simple impression and response is to all of this.. I hope they are not too toggled by the letter (if they received it), I know I would be though.. One thing is certain nonetheless: They would naturally think you are quite a strange neighbor, having been unwilling to talk to them in person, and having chosen instead, to drop them a personal "letter," to their mailbox just before the Halloween weekend..they might assume that the letter is a crank letter of some sort.. imagine all of the notions they could conjure up about this strange unexpected "neighbor letter"! This is so foolish!!
Here.. let me help you my boy:

"Hello Bob, Hello Tammy, how are you all today? Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Eric, very pleased to me you.. I'm your neighbor living a couple of doors down the way..the blue and yellow house just down the left.. how are you today? It's quite a nice day today isn't it..(that would be the introduction), (Following)Forgive me Ma'am, Sir, for disrupting you today, but a strange thing happened a few days ago.. there was an individual, a lady individual, who approached me at my home, unexpectedly, knocking quietly on my door, making peculiar, curious suggestions and inquiries about the both of you.. I don't know why, but I found it to be strangely odd and curious, so strangely odd and curious that I thought I should bring it here to your attention in a timely manner; I thought it would be best that you should know and be aware of the fact that someone has been knocking on neighbors' doors (only mine?), in search of information about you both.. It's perhaps nothing terribly important, but it seemed like a good idea to bring it to your attention; "

That's all you have to do!! I bet you're SCARED to talk to them my friend.. that must be the problem.. All they are going to do is ask you a couple of questions, and you would both ultimately leave the discussion with a wonderful elated feeling of great satisfaction once your communications will have concluded. Personally I cannot tolerate the way this whole situation is remaining in SILENT MUTE MODE between you and the elderly couple.. I dislike the nature of your (non)interaction with each other! I am the type of person that likes to put things on the table vocally, out loud a bit so to speak , to make sure that I feel honest with myself and my feelings.. in this case; my conscience would be bothered badly by now if I were you, and from the looks of it, as Tangerine has mentioned, you don't really seem to give a darn(!) about your elderly neighbors; Just say hi... good grief! If someone were knocking on your neighbor's door asking about you, Aqualung2012, would you want your neighbor to reach out to you, in person, to notify you of this? I bet you would like the type of neighbor that arrive to your door, to tell you that someone is looking for you.

I believe, much like Tangerine has made clear, that you do not genuinely care about your neighbors; I believe you care about yourself, (you report to the police, you start a thread on ATS,) but you really don't care about your neighbors and their position. Personally, I would not want you for a neighbor. Where I am, all neighbors talk to each other about everything.. with enough formality and informality to coexist and live together comfortably..

Maybe you're afraid of looking that elderly couple modestly and piously in the eye, and saying thoughtfully to them, the things you keep sharing with all of us strangers here on ATS..

You're a silly goose in my book, and I'm going to stop returning to this foolish thread..
edit on 8-11-2014 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Been a while since you've reported back to this thread, any more updates?

Nice avatar btw, I've met big Mikael too

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Its funny. I couldn't say much about the habits of most of my neighbors since we all pretty much keep to ourselves and don't bother each other. Its a quiet neighborhood which is how I like it. We look out for one elderly neighbor and for a while it was mostly older empty nesters and retirees . I called our street "Widows Row", LOL. No children, which is good.
Some suburban houses have been exposed as meth houses or pot growing houses. I find it hard to believe that nobody would notice that kind of activity.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Any updates? My curiosity is still getting the better of me!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Maybe a PI working for an insurance company or something, investigating insurance fraud or something. I doubt someone like that would feel obliged to show ID or divulge who their employer was. Just a possibility.

You got that right, Insurance companies are actually sending people out to look in windows to see if anyone is living at the home. They are trying to find any reason to hike up rates. I really hope I catch one doing that one day. They will probably go find another job after i get done scaring them senseless.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buttercup79
Any updates? My curiosity is still getting the better of me!

Still no response or updates from Aqualung2012.. is anybody there??

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is why I never answer my door.

Ever.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join