It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What a shock.

(Reuters) - Leading drugmakers plan to work together to speed up the development of an Ebola vaccine and hope to produce millions of doses for use next year.

U.S. firm Johnson & Johnson said on Wednesday that it aims to produce at least 1 million doses of its two-step vaccine next year and has already discussed collaboration with Britain's GlaxoSmithKline, which is working on a rival vaccine.

The economics of an Ebola vaccine are still unclear but drug companies with an eye on their reputations are under pressure to respond to the major international health crisis now ravaging one of the poorest corners of Africa. [Source]

Didn't see this posted.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Which arm, Lucid?? Johnson & Johnson, the family/biowarfare brand.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993
I swear I don't think there even is such a thing as competition today. They are all always in cahoots with each other and the government.

ETA: It's interesting how none of the companies that have been mentioned since August, including those in the trials are among these. Think the big boys bought them out already? Because they have the manufacturing capability?

Also interesting, again and again and again, is that now they think there might be money in this?

edit on 10/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmmm. Another vaccine I probably will have a reaction to. If everyone else takes it, I won't have to worry about getting the illness. Now if they restricted air travel from those infected areas, we wouldn't probably need this vaccine. But, of course, the drug companies are big campaign contributors. I've heard that doctors get a bonus if they talk a person into taking a vaccine if they deny it at first. I don't know how reliable this is though.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Check this thread. Now they're giving people coming in from those countries "care kits" to monitor their temps.

CDC enacts 21-day "monitoring"- is it enough?

I swear this is retarded.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I just wish I had invested when we were all predicting this future and discussing biotech companies like, 4 months ago.

Why would you let a small company pay you for your manufacturing ability when you could just purchase them and swallow the entire profit? I'm sure there are a ton of back end deals going on right in front of us.

My favorite was somebody pointed out Alcon (Pham's boyfriend company) was owned by big pharm Novartis (developing vaccine.)

Sorry you haven't heard anything about the boyfriend, general public, we have bad reception in the Novartis BSL-4 testing lab.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hmmm. Another vaccine I probably will have a reaction to. If everyone else takes it, I won't have to worry about getting the illness. Now if they restricted air travel from those infected areas, we wouldn't probably need this vaccine. But, of course, the drug companies are big campaign contributors. I've heard that doctors get a bonus if they talk a person into taking a vaccine if they deny it at first. I don't know how reliable this is though.

Restricting travel from those areas just won't work unless every country in the world did it... nobody seems to get it through their head.. let's run down a hypothetical

1. Infected man boards plane to, oh, I don't know .. I'll just pick one .. Italy? .. really doesn't matter..
2. Man spends a few days, only mildly symptomatic ( say.. feverish ) .. he unwittingly sneezes and infects 3 people who are unaware and in close proximity.
3. Those three people were on vacation and now return to the US and won't be symptomatic for up to 21 days.. they won't even be monitored since they traveled from Italy, not Africa.... Travel ban FAIL

Ebola doesn't respect borders or travel bans... the travel ban idea is silly since it's just not going to work and that's why it won't happen.

And another thing people need to know ( many don't realize ) .. you CAN infect others via coughing and sneezing ( it even states this on the CDC website ) .. people seem to think because it's not airborne, you can't catch it that way.. but yes you can.. airborne is something very different than coughing or sneezing.
edit on 10/22/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'll be skipping this like I have always skipped flu vaccines. I've never had the flu very severely, maybe it was just a bad cold? I don't even know the difference.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I agree with You First sentence, but I was more Like, 'Well imagine that!' I saw this coming way back, as I am sure most of Us here did as well. Seems to all be a Money Making Enterprise anymore with, a Hypothetical Situation like "Hey now we have to watch out for, Virus ABCDEF..... So we will let it infect some people, get the ScareMongerers out in Force, then we will come up with a vaccine for You all to take, (as it has all been planned out from the beginning). Oh, Nevermind the side effects, like you may Die, it is all normal for this vaccine!!" It is just Sick anymore with all this Crap!!!!!!
Thanx for readin' my Rant. Now over. Syx.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Good Post!!! Syx.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In other news Liberia isn't interested in experimental drugs

Liberians Will Not Be 'Guinea Pigs'

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Cha-ching, cha-ching...cha-ching...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
In other news Liberia isn't interested in experimental drugs

Liberians Will Not Be 'Guinea Pigs'

The Liberian government isn't interested you mean.. I'm sure those dying of the virus would be happy to try it since the mortality rate is 70% or more ... If I'm dying of Ebola in some tent clinic in Africa, I'll try any potential treatment..

edit on 10/22/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Hell yes, you, me and a lot of others here. But I being the financial dummy I am would probably have invested in the wrong company.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yeah, that horse left the barn long ago. We're practically importing it to the U.S. now. More $$$ here for the vaccines, I reckon.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Kind of hard to tell if it's the blood transfusions, the Zmapp, or the combination of both that is having the success rates on the cure.

In any event, this is the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So let's see is there a cure now for Ebola?? define exactly what a vaccine is and does. Is it 100 % effective ?? and if not then why the hell should i expose myself to it just in case? no thanks ill pass
But i believe the enfoldment is on schedule: rollout- obamacare rollout -deadly virus rollout quarantine/swat rollout vaccine
am i overreacting or am i the only one that sees the bigger picture here?? there s alot of other elements in play as well

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK this is what happened , they all met in a room and one of them said " OK guys why don't we share the profit this time ( rubbing his hands ) "

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
I love rants.

I could have ranted all day as I sit home recovering from a drug allergy to a drug I knew I should not have taken.

But I settled for, "What a shock."

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
yea im not shocked just appalled at all the incompetence when there should be or is specific established protocols for a scenario such as this and its simply not followed i mean logically it blows my mind but then who am i ? Im Joe Nobody ok im done now

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join