It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes US's robot soldiers so special?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was wondering why would Americans feel safer with their robots soldiers being shipped to be deployed in Iraq. In other words, what separates those robots from an ordinary RC controlled toys magnified 20X in size with a cam attached to the front? Well, not many things except for that these "soldiers" use multiple antennas so as to be able to receive radio signals that are weaker. Such a feature will definitely help in preventing the enemy from identifying the source of the radio signals, jamming them and it will also be handy in mountanious regions where signals are more likely to get reflected from stones and rocks found there in addition to a probable increase in the signal range. My point here is that such a technology doesn't seem that tough to replicate. What if any of US's enemies somewhat manage to steal this technology and develop their own remote controlled "tanx" and "rockets"? What if China manages to develop a similar technology? They can manufacture thousands of such soldiers in "minutes". Imagine what would happen if "terrorists" got hold of this technology and built their own remote controlled attack systems (They are already causing enough trouble with car attacks, what if they use unmanned versions of those?). In all, it seems to me that Americans might have made a fatal mistake by releasing this technology to the world community, except if those soldiers do offer some additionsl high-tech features that I'm not aware of.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by outlier]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Those "robots" have only same use as bomb robots, to secure so that no human lifes are but in danger so constantly, replicating such technology shouldnt be big deal, as i understand those arent really big funded military program products, just extra tools to degrease possible loss of troops while checking houses or streets, wheres high possibility to be ambushed.

join