It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola victim's sister says hospital denied request for medical information after death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Link

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — The family of the first Ebola victim to die in the United States says the hospital that cared for him has refused for weeks to release lab results showing the effects of an experimental drug treatment, fanning their suspicions that the facility mishandled the case.

The family believes the hospital is withholding information and additional medical records. Thomas Eric Duncan died on Oct. 8 and now the family is crying foul. The family is also claiming that none of the procedures were discussed with the family and a request for details of Duncan's cremation were also declined.

The hospital released more than 1,450 pages of medical records to Duncan's sister, Mai Wureh, the day he died. A registered nurse, Wureh says she began asking about Duncan's Ebola viral load shortly after he received the first dose of brincidofovir on Oct. 4. After he died, she sought the information through numerous phone calls to the hospital's medical records division.

According to medical records initially provided to the family, Dr. Gary Weinstein noted two days before Duncan's death that "consents relatives" were Wureh and her son, Josephus Weeks.

Weinstein's notes also show that because Duncan was unable to make his own clinical decisions, Duncan's family designated Wureh as the "primary decision maker." Multiple family members, including the younger Duncan, were in agreement that Wureh would be the primary decision maker, Weinstein wrote.

Duncans family were given remote access to his electronic medical records and were issued a special code to access them. When they tried the code it would not work, so they called the hospital for a new one. She claims the hospital told her they could no longer release any information to her and was later told by a "patient liaison" that they could only release further information to Duncan's 19-year old son.

Joseph Larsen, a Houston attorney experienced in working with medical records, said the hospital cannot change a patient's designee, even after a patient has died.

It looks like the sister is seeking more information regarding the aftermath of an experimental drug given to Duncan. Being the primary consent relative and decision maker, why would she be denied access to his file? Why is she being stonewalled only after his treatment and subsequent death?
edit on 22-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm not an expert... does anyone know if one person is enough to base medical opinions? Even for a death certificate I'm thinking the cause would be the ailment, not the treatment.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't blame them. "Ebola" is not what it seems IMO. And they target the individuals they plan to murder to create the panic and fear. Thats what I think is happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Forgive me if I misunderstood but, is she assuming his death was the result of treatments given to Duncan and not from Ebola?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
here come the lawsuits...by the time this is done id wager we spend billions in lawsuits...or maybe they will just write new laws so you can't

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Forgive me if I misunderstood but, is she assuming his death was the result of treatments given to Duncan and not from Ebola?

It does not directly say but that is what I'm getting from the article. She was probably asked by her lawyer to keep her mouth closed unless the hospital was not going to cooperate.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Okay, that's what I thought.

Frankly, I don't think he should have ever come to the US to begin with. Every fiber of my being tells me that he knew he was exposed, if not infected.

But, I can definitely see the family attempting to sue the hospital for his death since they turned him away on his initial visit.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm not an expert... does anyone know if one person is enough to base medical opinions? Even for a death certificate I'm thinking the cause would be the ailment, not the treatment.

My father went to the hospital for cirrhosis of the liver. He died after the medication they gave him for it made his kidneys fail. He was too weak to fight back. Whether his original ailment would have eventually killed him or not, the medication they used took away any chances of that happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There's nothing worse for a hospital than a medically-astute relative taking a good long look at a patient's medical record.

I GUARANTEE that in ANY medical record you will find evidence of medical mistakes, malfeasance, insufficient record-keeping, inaccurate record-keeping, loads of handwritten physician orders that are unintelligible even if you know what *should* be written there... and vastly more.

I had the surreal experience once of typing up my own medical history, within hours of having given it verbally to a new doctor; his dictation bore little resemblance to what I had conveyed. What do you think happens when the patient isn't medically savvy, or doesn't know the details of their own history?

In this case with the Ebola, as soon as the new Ebola Czar was appointed, ALL information about possible new cases, etc. went quiet. Word apparently came down from on high to shut down the information flow.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Let's see. Duncan lied to get on a plane to get to Dallas. He knew he had been in close contact with ebola, the woman he helped with, died the next day of ebola.

He put many people in dire danger due to his lying. He got hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical help in attempts to save him from a disease that has no known cure. Due to his being at the hospital, 2 nurses who treated him came down with ebola.

We hear nothing from his family they whole time he is being treated nor afterwards, except for a press release 2 days ago. No thank you for trying to help our family member. Just his GF saying we can read her upcoming book on their experiences.

Now, it appears the complaints leading to a law suit against the hospital and everyone who was even near Duncan is in the works.

I don't know about you...this pisses me off royally....

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I feel the same way you do.

Anytime I see his picture pop up on the boob tube my blood pressure raises.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Let's see. Duncan lied to get on a plane to get to Dallas. He knew he had been in close contact with ebola, the woman he helped with, died the next day of ebola.

He put many people in dire danger due to his lying. He got hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical help in attempts to save him from a disease that has no known cure. Due to his being at the hospital, 2 nurses who treated him came down with ebola.

We hear nothing from his family they whole time he is being treated nor afterwards, except for a press release 2 days ago. No thank you for trying to help our family member. Just his GF saying we can read her upcoming book on their experiences.

Now, it appears the complaints leading to a law suit against the hospital and everyone who was even near Duncan is in the works.

I don't know about you...this pisses me off royally....

Des

Let me spin this another way.

Duncan was a patsy. He was told he would be infected with Ebola and then sent to the US to infect as many people as possible. He was promised that a drug existed that would immediately relieve him of his symptoms as long as he was willing to lie about his condition.

The "experimental" drug that was administered to him WITHOUT the family's consent was designed to purposely kill him. The family's inquiry into his medical files are being denied because they are now suspicious of the treatment he received and the drug used. I would be too. Any records relating to his death and the drug used might set off a few bells and whistles.

/removes conspiracy hat

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hat on: I tend to agree with a slightly different twist. I think he was coverup for something else.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If the book deal is true, it only adds to the mystery.

A book is a good way to put a cover on things. It kind of solidifies the story into a nice little package and often draws sympathy from it's readers. The cremation draws my attention as well. No autopsies.

The fact that a book is being written and now the family is looking for foul play, most likely leading to a lawsuit, tell me there might be other motives involved. I what we are being told is true, then the family has every right to get a lawyer and sue.

$$$

Cashing in on a family members death...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I bet a '$aul Goodman' is involved $omehow.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
America.. Land of opportunities and American dream. Whatever the cost may be... and whoever might pay it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I am certainly NOT an expert but, my recent personal experience in MY state may be helpful.
My Mother was admitted to the hospital with pneumoinia. She spent one week and was transferred to a rehabilitation facility with expectations of returning home in about two or so weeks. One week later she was readmitted back into the hospital with severe dehydration, stage four renal failure, and uncontollable afib. Her kidney was never able to recover and she died. He cause of death on the death certificate is listed as pneumonia.
My Durable Power of Attorney "authority" became invalid when she died. From that point on it became the "Executor of the Will" who could then request medical records, etc. and "act" on behalf of the deceased.
In my personal situation that was also me but, quite possibly, the sister's authority ended when Duncan died.?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Although I can't confirm this, I suspect that the viral load number might indicate that Ebola was not the cause of death, or at least the Ebola load doesn't match the narrative.

That would compromise the official narrative and the 10's of billions to be made with the new, fast tracked vaccine.

I'm not going anywhere near that vaccine as long as I'm a free man. Let people that worship doctors go for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Although I can't confirm this, I suspect that the viral load number might indicate that Ebola was not the cause of death, or at least the Ebola load doesn't match the narrative.

That would compromise the official narrative and the 10's of billions to be made with the new, fast tracked vaccine.

I'm not going anywhere near that vaccine as long as I'm a free man. Let people that worship doctors go for it.

Excellent point. Your post sums up what we have been speculating over quite well. Keep it simple.

To everyone else, I apologies for all my edits. I have been at work, speed typing and didn't want to leave everybody hanging. My spelling was atrocious in the last few posts.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't see anything suspicious here. Even after a patient's death HIPAA is still enforced. Granted things do get a bit murky as to who does and doesn't have access to the medical records. My guess is with such a high profile case the hospital wants to make sure they're following the law as strictly as possible.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join