It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a great cup of coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
AlaskanDad, what do you think of the Ethiopian beans?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

We've not been disappointed by Ethiopian beans yet, right now we have:

www.sweetmarias.com...

www.sweetmarias.com...

Both are very tasty!

This one from a micro lot was incredible:

Ethiopia Dry Process Gr. 1 Yirga Cheffe Aricha

And I keep my eyes peeled for anything from Yemen. (:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm a peaberry nut. I can't say why. My palate isn't at all sophisticated. I can't distinguish specific flavors. I just know a good cup of coffee when I taste it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Ha the wife likes anything that is a peaberry!

I always enjoy reading to description of the coffees flavor, some seems like talented fiction writing others are spot on. We ordered a bean that was said to taste like blueberries, me yea right, roasted and brewed some and OMG it really did taste like blueberries. I love it when I get a chocolate taste that is followed by a fruit flavor, I just go wow.

I do my roasting by sight, sound and smell, never tried using a timer.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Same here with the roasting. Never use a timer. I just go by the crack and color.

I couldn't tell you if I drank a blueberry!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Thanks for this little tidbit.
I just happen to have a couple of friends in Kona who I can get green beans from.

It will be far cheaper than Folgers then too.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Wow that sounds fantastic, Kona on the cheap.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Couldn't an oven roast the beans? Spread out on a cookie sheet. Same way as roasting nuts or coconut.
Not ever tried it, just seems it might work. Or a heavy skillet on top of the stove.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Good coffee must include nutmeg. It's my 'go to' when having coffee. And I admit that adding a bit of brandy doesn't hurt the flavor either. MMMMM

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What I find funny is that "French" roast is so dark because the beans are low quality. Good coffee doesn't need a dark, almost black roast!

I think you can order estate grown green coffee beans from the Kauai Coffee Company...some of the best out there!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Two kinds of coffee are considered the best in our house ... Kona and Bolivian. We first had Bolivian coffee when we were in the country adopting our daughter. It's made with hot milk. EXCELLENT. And of course Kona HAS to be here because it tastes so darn good and because my husband and I went there on a 'date' before we were married so we have nice memories of the Kona fields in Hawaii.

I used to drink coffee all the time. I loved it. I can't now with autoimmune but my husband can and still drinks it every day. I MISS COFFEE.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
One of my younger friends says to me that he normally pours a spot of milk first and then pops the coffee in, before pouring some hot water in straight after. Most strange, but it does make a good mug.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join