It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on marijuana unconstitutional, doctors testify in federal court Monday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nice one... So yes I certainly agree with fighting prohibition of ALL drugs on these same points. But medicinal, meh... Not that I think canabis is not medicinal, I just don't think it is a good point to fight prohibition with.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Thanks to medical marijuana, we were even able to get our foot in the DOOR for legalization talks. All these talks of legalization all started from California's Prop 215 back in 1996 which legalized medical marijuana. So keep that in mind.

SM2

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
Supreme Court Says No Medical Marijuana

Isn't the Supreme Court, the real Supreme Court already decided this? Is this really up for debate when
the justices have spoken? Why would one arm contradict the other?

And I would like to point out, when did this happen? I don't remember this at all, its like they had this session
in secret, we could've organized millions of people if we knew this was a topic in the supreme court.

So hypocritical saying, no medical value, but ah, we would like to pharmaceuticalize it, uh, WTF! Gotta call em on their
bs complete bull crikey.

Well, see there is this thing, the way the court works, in the case you linked, they challenged to get marijuana legalized on the basis of it's relative harmlessness and it's medical benefits. The court ruled (correctly in this case) that congress had deemed marijuana is a class 1 drug , and as such is by statute highly regulated.

Now, this new case, is challenging the class 1 scheduling of marijuana. Two totally separate arguments , two totally separate cases. I know, semantics, semantics but, that is the way the courts work, phrasing and framing of your argument, even if it is the same argument, just rephrased makes it a different case.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What about the legalisation of alcohol? Was that fought on the basis of medical alcohol?

And that was legalised at the federal level, which is where it counts

EDIT: I also see it as dissengenuos to fight on the basis of medical reasons, when I want to take it recreationally just as I do alcohol. I am a 33 year old adult that doesn't need permission to do such things... That's just how I see it.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Look I agree with you and I wish that it could be legalized across the board. In a fair and honest world we wouldn't have to stoop to the medical marijuana issue to get it legalized since our logic for it being legal across the board would ring true to everyone, but that isn't the case. And we are fighting some entities with a LOT of money to throw at keeping it illegal that will do anything they can to keep it so (this wasn't really the case with Prohibition). So we have take every inch we can get instead of going for the full mile.

PS. Come to think of it, if we lived in a fair and honest world, marijuana would never have been made illegal to begin with. Ah well...

edit on 24-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

haha Yeah too true... To be honest, I don't much care what they say... I would rather not be locked in a cage but if it came to that so be it... Not really much I can do about it...

I just can't wrap my mind around how they can bleedin get away with it... They work for us (supposedly) and yet think they have the right to tell us what to do with even our own bodies... It just seems insane to me and I want to just tell them where they can stick it!

But yeah I hear you I just don't go that way, I'm more in your face! XD

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You must be younger. I used to be that way when I was around 21. Now I'm 29, college educated, with a decent job and would rather not go to jail over a plant. So I'd rather stand up to tyranny the legal way. I still have my little ways of rebelling though, but they are just more covert than before. I won't go into too much detail there though because of T&C.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join