It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, marijuana use doesn’t lower your IQ

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
a reply to: crazyewok

You obviously haven't had very good weed (Assuming you smoke).. Weed is just as toxic as alcohol. It's just the consumption and toleration levels of alcohol. I know alot of functional meth smokers, DA's, attorneys, mailmen, you would never even guess they touched that stuff, why don't we legalize that too?

More ridiculous then your last one.

If the mailman was smoking meth then why is my mail still late?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: stumason

Why not legalize heroine while were at it. Drugs are drugs...

What a moronic statement - caffeine is a "drug", alcohol is a "drug", nicotine is a "drug", aspirin is a "drug".

EDIT: In fact, the UK Parliament recently produced a list of "drugs" (legal and not) according to their physical and societal harm. Alcohol was second, behind heroin and tobacco wasn't far behind. Cannabis came in at 14th, just behind some legal steroids.

And, as stated, Heroin can kill you easily if you take too much or have a bad batch. It is impossible to OD on Cannabis and the only "harm" is from smoking it. It is a total misnomer that they claim it causes metal issues - in the UK the latest figures show the total amount of people with "cannabis related mental issues" is in the hundreds.

How many users of Alcohol have dependency issues, associated physical and mental problems? 1.6 million at the last count. In fact, Alcoholics outnumber ALL drug addicts by 4 to 1

How many die each year from Tobacco? 114,000 out of 10 million users... But perfectly legal.

How many people die each year from Alcohol abuse?40,000 out of an estimated 40 million users.... But perfectly legal.

How many die each year from Cannabis use? 1 person out of 3 million regular users and that is probably from doing something stupid rather than from the Cannabis itself

Yeah well those things aren't illegal. And to burst your little bubble, plenty of people die from marijuana, home invasions, drug deals gone bad, being too high while driving and crashing, or hitting someone. So I guess I kind of made your statement look a bit moronic..... Weed gets people high, forgetful and lazy. Yes it makes people a little dumber. FACT.

You start off with "yeah well" and end with "FACT".

Epic fail and a ridiculous argument.

Who cares how I start off with my reply. The point is its a fact.... Schmuck

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: crazyewok

You obviously haven't had very good weed (Assuming you smoke).. Weed is just as toxic as alcohol. It's just the consumption and toleration levels of alcohol. I know alot of functional meth smokers, DA's, attorneys, mailmen, you would never even guess they touched that stuff, why don't we legalize that too?

More ridiculous then your last one.

If the mailman was smoking meth then why is my mail still late?

Idk your mailman lol maybe he's smoking weed... I'm just responding to the other persons idiotic attempts at this marijuana persuasion.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: PageLC14

Yes that is because everyone is so wasted to do anything. Put this scenario of a stoned mass where the government decide to take away some of those rights for example take away the guns. I can honestly say that it would be 100 times easier with minds pacified by marijuana than the usual alert mind which is the way we are made.

This is not a time to legalize any drugs, all it does is takes peoples minds and eyes off the sh*t that is happening and allows TPTB to do what they want and those big red eyes aint gonna pick up a thing.

But if miley cyrus and rihanna does it.....it must be fine.

f*ck this im away to get stoned....and watch xfactor reruns

Now thats just unfair. I would never watch the X Factor. In fact I only watch SBS and the ABC.

edit on Monday35fAmerica/Chicago2014-10-27T23:35:10-05:00353135299America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I bet you can out perform yourself straight. Why do you need something that alters your thinking process? The person who does no drugs will destroy you in just about every category except complacency if you're high. That's a fact of life.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I bet you can out perform yourself straight. Why do you need something that alters your thinking process? The person who does no drugs will destroy you in just about every category except complacency if you're high. That's a fact of life.

LOL, and I'd bet my left nut you're wrong.

no offense, it is what it is. I don't need anything to make me who I am....There is use, misuse and abuse. Think of it like a scale of sorts. Like food, you know.....food is good, keeps you alive. Lots of food makes you fat. Lots and lots of food makes you obese. Lots and lots and lots of food makes you morbidly obese. It just went from good to # in 2.2 seconds of reading....catch my drift.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join