It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cannabis will never be legal in the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Everyone has to pay a Victim Surcharge as part of their sentencing, no matter what the offence and even if there isn’t an actual victim....

It’s only called a Victim Surcharge because the money goes to helping victims of crime.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

victim surcharge of £20

what...the...F....LOL

Anyway...while I feel for you...you haven't really addressed the title of the OP.

I was hoping for some ergos and hences.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

no grass up , a victim fee goes on all cases that appear in court and are found guilty .

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I nearly felt sorry for you there..

Tough @5&*, you got caught pay the fine and STFU, What makes you a better class of Junkie just because you work.

Wow! did you read his OP?

All he's saying is they earn more from people get caught than they'll do if the legalized it, I don't see anywhere where he's glorifying it!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Time was the cops would have halved your 1/4, gave you a bit and kept the other for themselves then sent you on your way as long as you were not a cheeky sod.

These days its all zero tolerance bull crap that only serves to clog up our court systems over what is essentially a misdemeanour.

To answer your question through, IMHO they will eventually legalise to a fashion, and sell cannabis in the UK. Probably for medical purposes to begin with, then in ASDA behind those green screen thing-a-mo-bobs, just like the rest of the smoking products. Probably 5-10 years away all the same.

edit on 22-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lol wtf were do you live

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

These days its all zero tolerance bull crap that only serves to clog up our court systems over what is essentially a misdemeanour.

Yep, it should be called the Money Making System rather than Criminal Justice System. It's ALL about money. Money for the barristers and judges and solicitors

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So because the dude partakes in a little herb he is a junkie?

Going along that train of thought I suppose he will fit right in then with rest of the alcoholics and other socially acceptable junkies that drink liquor and smoke tobacco? AKA rather a significant proportion of the rest of the U.K.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh ye were all junkies over here dont worry about it aha

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Your complaining about being punished for breaking the law. You likely knew you were breaking the law.
I get that you don't like the restrictions on marijuana use but as of now you are guilty as charged. All I can say is do what you can to get the law changed.

For the WTF bit is the fact he got charged a victims fee....WHEN THERE IS NO BLOODY VICTIM!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Out of interest OP, was it your first offence?

Rev

NVM: You answered that already.
edit on 22/10/2014 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Present company accepted mate.

I'm also in the U.K and my major concern is the totalitarian powers that seem to be at play regarding our everyday lives. This zero tolerance stance regarding what amounts to a herb accomplishes nothing, after all you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Truth be told, its simply another way for TPTB to generate revenue.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Aint there still a limit on personal for your own use possession? i'm probably too old these days to know the exact rules but either they've gone zero tolerance or someone didn't just like your face or you gave them agro, as i can remember my uncle who in the 80's lead a lot of UK drug busts in our area was never interested in the little guys other than who they got it from as he knew how to get info so if x grassed on y but didn't get a court apperance he'd never tell y and when they finally turned up at y's house they knew at least they were going to get enough to get people high enough in the food chain

but for a few grams of weed its got to suck and i do feel for your pain

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If it was just about money the government could easily make more by legalising it and selling it cheaper than your local dealer through government run outlets.

In fact, that makes so much sense one has to wonder why it hasn't been done?

Everything about our drug laws and their subsequent enforcement are antiquated.....and if the truth is told highly ineffective.

edit on 22/10/14 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Its not like any Tory government is ever going to legalise the stuff. So until clearer heads prevail and the UK returns to a system of government with shall we say more a more liberal agenda I suppose "They" will continue to operate the revenue generation scheme they have, aka zero tolerance and fines regarding what amounts to a herb.

After all they have to work with what they have.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Law and order is a racket mate always has been

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

We are entering a grey area of ATS regarding T&C here but......a strong case can be made for the legalisation and regulation of most current illegal drugs but anyone who even attempts to do so in the public domain is immediately demonised as a drug fiend or a naïve, PC driven, pinko liberal.

Which suggests that its not just about money.....I'd go further but I fear it would transgress T&C and get the thread closed down - the OP doesn't deserve that.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The thing about all this is when they take you into a court. They make you swear on the bible. Which says that we can have every plant on the planet to do what we wish with. Thats from GOD so in my mind they are putting them selves above GOD. Plus charging you a fortune for it. Are they all on drugs?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm a medical user in the states.My advice is to lobby your government to change its draconian laws and fines.It will take time as it has here so be patient.Eventually,The UK ptb will catch up to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Are they all on drugs?

Yes most are, that's the ironic, or hypocritical, thing.....ranging from prescription drugs like Prozac, Fluoxetine etc right through to Class A's.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join