It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Soldiers - 2 run over , 1 confirmed dead (outside Montreal, Oct 21), 1 shot at Capital War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The military man shot has died

My condolences to the family

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Some background video from mainstream, it appears the shooter/s in the parliament buildings escaped from there at least.
Eyewitnesses, (not from this segment) has described the Parliament Square shooter as possibly Inuit, or indigenous American, but I'll look for a link to that. (now see below)
The live cam opposite the parliament building appears to have been shut off at this time.

Link to eyewitness comments here,

www.680news.com...
edit on 22-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That is te video i was going to post

Thanks for posting it as i cant get my copmputer to boot

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

Yep, he has passed.

and a lot of people are pissed.

Thanks CSIS. *for your NSA-like spying on so-called 'chatter' that AGAIN goes unattended to. Taxpayers luv to pay tons of money that funds a CIA/FBI/Rogue organization that picks and chooses it's friends or enemies depending on economy/political affiliation's hand jobs or under the guise of 'cultural equality.diversity'.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The live video is here: www.cbc.ca...

I'd also like to add that the recent new is that the White House sent a 'spokesman' to comment, and I head that.. I was initially insulted by his words but...

I have concluded: 1. this is NOT Canada's version of 9/11 so don't argue that ridiculous point.
2. for the PM to give this immediate attention IS a bad idea.
3. a comment from President Obama would also be inappropriate given the timeframe/location.
4. troops from here and there (and possibly mixed) are already on alert, don't think they aren't.
5. public news feed/reports(after hour 2) should have been cut off - don't feed the animal ((sorry)).

and many more.

edit on 22-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If it has to do with our international standing, I blame Harper.

The Canadian population do not want wars and a lot of them, like we on ATS, know that those wars are only to concede more power to the people that already have too much for our own good.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I believe you missed my comment earlier about the recent vote in parliament. I found it disturbing news video that day (although I cannot find it).

and I assume you know that Canada has volunteered it's citizens (by a draft or no) for every world war except Korea and Vietnam (in which more Canadians volunteered than those that defected from the US, canadianmilitary.page.tl...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From what i heard he is still fighting for his life, the minister that tweeted his death has pulled his tweet

There are wayyyyy tooo many rumors going around fb and twitter right now

People are saying there is a gunman on a motorcycle on the highway, that a walmart had a shooting, that there are bombs.....you name ot i read it! None of these are true according to media at least

Will be keeping on top of this fo sure

The people on lockdown were told that there is a very litle possibility that they mighr be tere till morning ( from a call i got from a colleague)

Nervewrecking i must admit

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

The great thing about the broadcast I am watching live .....

limited police presence, none of them freaking out.
an obvious control
kids are being kept IN school (perhaps a good idea to treat it as an solar-eclipse lockdown),
limited information/disinformation

always, ALWAYS trust a Canadian.

and that is a GOOD thing, IMO

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

I have to say the other threads on this topic are chalk full of disinformation. speculation and intense ignorance of direct knowledge on or about City of Ottawa itself and Canada in general. Please do not compare a U.S. city to 'there'. It is a special place. *A 'you'd have to be there to love it' place.

NO other comments have been made except by the mayor of Ottawa and Assist. Con of RCMP and VERY calmly (in both languages, as a necessity/mandatory by law here since Ottawa obviously is on the border of Ontario and Quebec.

again, all news are avail LIVE on CBC: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Trying to get caught up here, im just SHOCKED by what's happening there!! This is just SO WRONG! My heart & prayers go out to the soldiers, their families, & the Canadians....best of luck to you all. So sorry your going through this unimaginable nightmare....TY all for the updates
s&f

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teye22
That is te video i was going to post

Thanks for posting it as i cant get my copmputer to boot

Browsing is bad here too, I have to keep switching browsers

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This will be happening a lot more in other Cities unless the Authorities boot out ALL the Islamic Fanatics who want to kill in the name of 'Allah'.

Trust me, there are a lot.

In the UK just over the last couple Months I've read a lot of reports about 'islamics' plotting atrocities, luckily our Forces have been taking em out before they get a chance but more than likely something will slip through.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: beezzer

What the heck is going on in Canada???

Terrorist acts, Random acts of violence believed by some.

Is anything going on in the world random, at all anymore, if it ever was?
I used to believe in randomness....but sadly, not anymore.

edit on 22-10-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay
a reply to: smurfy

The live video is here: www.cbc.ca...

I'd also like to add that the recent new is that the White House sent a 'spokesman' to comment, and I head that.. I was initially insulted by his words but...

I have concluded: 1. this is NOT Canada's version of 9/11 so don't argue that ridiculous point.
2. for the PM to give this immediate attention IS a bad idea.
3. a comment from President Obama would also be inappropriate given the timeframe/location.
4. troops from here and there (and possibly mixed) are already on alert, don't think they aren't.
5. public news feed/reports(after hour 2) should have been cut off - don't feed the animal ((sorry)).

and many more.

Thanks for the link. I was concentrating more on the two, so far...eyewitnesses. You can hear their comments at the link above to 680news. You will probably also see elsewhere that the police are being frank in saying that the attacks took them by surprise.
edit on 22-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

Thank you very much JRCB. I am not in that area any longer but I'm sure those that are would appreciate your kind words (or prayers).

If there is anything all of us can do is to hold accountable our 'supposed' intelligence (*smirk) commissions that give censored information (for their own benefit) to the taxpayer's politicians/leaders.

CSIS has been investigated in the news for MANY years now by letting these low-life assassins into BOTH of our countries under the guise of 'top secret/need more info for later date' bullsH*t', it is a known FACT. Yet they get away with it again and again. en.wikipedia.org...

see the 1,180,000 results in Google for yourself from pre-Gulf war I and beyond on how they keep 'imaginary tabs' on foreign (or domestic) threats (keywords: CSIS NEWS TERRORIST) for a start.

Just this one from October, 2014: www.torontosun.com...

EIGHTY? are you frikn kidding me?

ONLY 80 out of 35.16 million citizens? My guess is there is 4,800 (CSIS, not including clerical), and another 11,240 auxiliary (part time spies) within police or civilian/other.

All those mo-foz and they found only 80 'maybe/possibly' terrorists? They need to get out more.

sigh, oh boy

I feel so safe n secure, don't you?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I agree OP if this turns out to be connected it is a low down tactic. Scum of the earth is what men like this are.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am not going to make political comments at this time.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
An ISIS Twitter account posted the only known picture of the killer...

Coincidence?

I doubt it...

Religion and drugs are being mentioned.

NOT a good combination.

CBS is reporting Zehaf-Bibeau was born Michael Joseph Hall, and occasionally dropped the name Michael and went by the name Abdul Zehar Bibeau — and at other times he would drop the Abdul. He was apparently a recent convert to Islam — and reports suggest he was considered a high-risk traveler and had his passport revoked.

themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

What we know

— Zehaf-Bibeau's name shows up three times in the Canadian criminal database, including two arrests ten years ago for possession of, respectively, marijuana and PCP. He failed to arrive to a court date in 2006 for marijuana charges, but pled guilty over three years later. All of these arrests were in Montreal. Assuming there aren't any other 32 year old Canadians named Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, it's probably him.

What we don't know

— Whether this tweet, sent by an account that claims to be affiliated with ISIS and purports to show "the Ottawa gunman," is a picture of Zehaf-Bibeau or in any other way legitimate:

— Two US officials told Reuters that he was a convert to Islam, but there's no public evidence to that effect nor any indication that the shooting was related to his faith.

www.vox.com...

Earlier this month, NBC News reported that the Canadian government was monitoring "hundreds of people" that it suspected could be planning to join ISIS.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 22-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yes, it has been in the news for a month and some, the concern of converts on the up-rise here and abroad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join