It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Soldiers - 2 run over , 1 confirmed dead (outside Montreal, Oct 21), 1 shot at Capital War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Canada raises 'terrorism' alert after soldier killed

news.yahoo.com...

Canadian soldier shot at Ottawa War Memorial; shots fired on Parliament Hill

ca.news.yahoo.com...

What the hell is going on? All bases on alert now.

Attacking soldiers 'off-duty', pretty lowdown tactic. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Now updated to to shot. One outside the Library of Parliament.

What we know: - At least two people have been shot after a man with a rifle opened fire on Parliament Hill and the nearby cenotaph. - The victim appears to be a soldier. Several people were seen performing CPR. - Another body is reported to be on the ground just outside the Library of Parliament. Dozens of shots were heard. - The shooter is reportedly still on the loose inside Parliament. A man wearing a black coat was spotted running with a rifle. - Journalists reported police were trying to keep them away from the scene. Those inside Parliament reported they were told to stay inside rooms with the door locked. - The shooting comes just two days after a newly converted jihadist ran down two soldiers in his car in a Montreal parking lot, killing one.

cnews.canoe.ca...
edit on 22-10-2014 by dianashay because: to add news link

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

What the heck is going on in Canada???

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well, apparently we were warned years ago to stay out of the Bush era wars and beyond,

I guess ISIS (or whomever the enemy of the week is) has had enough. I do recall seeing Parliament video of the final vote (after the fact) on aiding the US against ISIS of the attending parliament members leaving after a vote win of 'yay' and them walking out with smiles (even laughing) on their faces.

That was disturbing. Didn't anyone else find that disturbing (wish I could find the video) of MP's seemingly glad that war was possibly back ON?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Terrorist acts, Random acts of violence believed by some.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Terrorist acts, Random acts of violence believed by some.

*sigh*

More "workplace violence"?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Nope, we've had our share of that (workplace) and school terror by locals,

this is NOT the same. These as (as the articles specify) military personnel targets ONLY (so far).

*edit to add: yet, CSIS (2010? bulls*t) has had many chances yet choose to ignore the chatter anyways., so I suspect more to come. That fact is not new news.

globalnews.ca...

edit on 22-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Not sure about that.

They'll decide for themselves what they'll call it. Here in the States Workplace violence is PC and works for now.

edit on 22-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

live news/Ottawa:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'll assume you're Canadian.

We're with you. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I work at national defense eadquarters in ottawa ( i can see parliement from my office window) and all is on lockdown still

There was a shootin inside parliement i cant post vodeo from here bit i will later if no one else has

Lucky for me i was on my way to an interview when all went down

I was denied entry to the building i was heading to (lock down). So i called my boss...he said to go home since i could not enter my building either

My mother is also in one pf the buildings nearby and she locke isn as well ( at least shes safe there)

I am on the bus heading home now and there are many police and ambulances going around like crazy( dont know if its related but still)

Apparently one victime had islamic mwritings on him

This is really freaking and too close to jome imo

Stay safe all in the ottawa area and all my warmest thought for the victims families

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I (was)/of also from a 4th generation military family. Ottawa is one of my long-time hometowns.

As far as I know, our bases have been on lockdown for a few weeks, but Parliament, never (usually). It is always open (as the White House) for school trips, tourists, etc.

It is the most beautiful, peaceful places of government (usually and for the most part).

I'm telling you, these people are home-grown brainwashed converts and this is GONNA STOP!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

Thanks for the firsthand report.

Hope you and yours stay safe.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
oh wow!
So Sorry for all Canadians.....
www.cbc.ca...

Live news

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thanks for the firsthand report.

Hope you and yours stay safe.

Thanks beezer, yes we are all safe and will ensure it stays this way

I will try to give updates as i get them

I will post te video i mentionned when i arrive home in an hour or so

God be with all

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yes, we're just getting pictures of shooting inside the parliament buildings. It also seems to be linked to IS style groups or individuals.
Some video now up,

edit on 22-10-2014 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just found out something quite disturbing...

Apparently most if not all of the gatineau police (accross river from ottawa and where i live) have crossed over to assist at parliement leaving our town virtually defenseless

I hope this was not a diversion for something else cause they will succed if its the case
All the eggs are in the same basket right now and this could be very bad... Or not bit well find out soon enough

I have a teeribly bad feeling about all this

Hope im wrong

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2014 by Teye22 because: Doubble post

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That's pretty intense footage.

Can't imagine what it must feel like to be trapped there while all this goes on.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Apparently most if not all of the gatineau police (accross river from ottawa and where i live) have crossed over to assist at parliement leaving our town virtually defenseless I hope this was not a diversion for something else cause they will succed if its the case All the eggs are in the same basket right now and this could be very bad... Or not bit well find out soon enough I have a teeribly bad feeling about all this Hope im wrong

Well, there is also OPP, QPP or RCMP and (the former) Aylmer or Hull Police and FD's (and beyond) that have that covered. I'd worry more about the bridges at this point. It is soooo easy to lock-down that city if necessary...or lock em out. Trust the citizens to take care of the rest. That entire area (on each border) is OLD time bada$$. No worries about them. Besides the amount of volunteer/retired or other firefighters and cops could handle TSHTF. These are people who survived the harshest of winters while out voting oui/non for the BQ.

This could have been much worse, but for some reason whomever (individuals or groups) is doing this relatively small-time (no offense to those killed or injured). Trust me, it could be a variable of havoc if intended. This seems like a political (non-civilian) attack, so far. NOT fair according to the laws of war yet on the edge since they have attacked only military personnel on leave.

Canada will/and has now been forced a hand never dealt with before.

NO time to bluff, Aces have been exposed and Trump will be called!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join