It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: Rocker2013

Good point. But the Police were reportedly moving people away from the building in question, and out of sight.

There are numerous sources all reporting different things that filter through at different times. Someone could have called into a TV station five minutes after this started to report the shooting, and then half an hour later it finally makes it to air and people think there's more happening.

You can't listen to all the news sources and follow a time line accurately, its not possible.

link   
Video of inside Parliament Hill:

link   
For anyone who missed the live stream link: CTV News Live

My word - they just showed a video inside Parliament by The Globe and Mail - bit of a big bang there
www.theglobeandmail.com...[edit by]edit on 22-10-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Welcone to the new world, brother. I agree wholeheartedly
edit on 22-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
People are told to go inside and hide as they think there is another shooter on a rooftop. TOO BAD THEY HAVE ALL THE BUILDINGS IN LOCK DOWN & CAN'T GET IN!

Side note: you know it's a big deal when the CBC wakes up Peter Mansbridge before 5pm.

CBC- Parliament Hill Coverage

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: canDarian
a reply to: aboutface

They are talking about a shooter in the Peace Tower.

And yes, I saw Snipers going into the Chateau Laurier

Yep...there is a journalist that says there are shots being fired at the hotel or outside the hotel.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
For anyone who missed the live stream link:

My word - they just showed a video inside Parliament by The Globe and Mail - bit of a big bang there
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Sounded like flashbang
edit on 22-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IDK whats going on have raw footage from inside and youtube won't allow me to post it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

That had to be ear splitting loud in there. Disorienting to say the least.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

IDK whats going on have raw footage from inside and youtube won't allow me to post it.

Probably a canadian youtube lockdown as well.....too many eyewitnesses with cameras that can upload something that could give a terrorist an advantage in a later attack, such as the number of and way the responders react.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Like a freaking bomb going off, pissing me off I might have to make a GIF I dont think I can post LL here

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I know! I just checked your first attempt at posting and it's still saying it's set on private.

Hopefully you will be able to post it soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ya well its gonna be the same either way a hail of freaking gunfire.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: parker
This is related to the attack on two soldiers in Quebec .i have to admit ATS was ahead of the curve on this as there was a thread about an attack or some type of threat happening in Canada, we have been immune from this type of Muslim terrorism but this brings home what other country's have been dealing with for years from these assholes.

First, you know nothing about the motives of the person involved, For all you know it could be a fascist terrorist. And, the term "Muslim terrorism" is a nonsense. This has little to do with Islam or peaceful Muslims around the world. This is extremism, and even if it does turn out that these people are acting under some delusional version of a religious ideology THEY ARE NOT MUSLIM.

Sure, whatever you say, man. Islamic terrorists killing infidels in the name of Allah, but we should call it by another name? What shall we call it then? Let's be politically correct so as not to offend muslims and call it simply, "extremism," right? Is that the goal? I don't see Hindu, Jewish or Christian armies out there beheading anyone, let alone muslims. Not yet anyways!

link   

I hope they blew about 50 holes into that mutha

link   
I don't know if I heard this correctly, but Canadian politician Mark Gunno (spelling?) talking to the BBC suggested they believe there are more people involved, and then I believe he accidentally said "one of the eight gunmen..."

I'm not sure whether my ears are deceiving me, but it certainly sounded like he had slipped up and said something he shouldn't have. He was talking about the numbers of those involved today then said 8 gunmen.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Voice on CTV right now (it sounds like Peter Mansbridge) says police are tailing 2 suspects, one on foot, one on motorcycle

link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

First time i ever agreed with you

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I have every right to call it exactly what it is..Muslim terrorism I'm sick of pussy footing around and being politically correct, or mincing words. I have yet to meet a moderate Muslim ..so this is my opinion.
This is my country and my family has been here for 200 years and this intolerant religion is not welcome here.

link   

I walked down that very Hall during a highschool Fieldtrip. Just the footsteps we're deafening, I couldn't imagine how loud gunshots would be, Probably close to eardrum shattering.
edit on CDT10America/ChicagoOctam3310EvAmerica/Chicago by TheMainEvent because: Stupid Typo...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join