It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Don't you think you will make the problem worst? Divide and conquer, divide yourself, go ahead make another line in the sand. I would gladly restart everything thing, flush down what my Dad and Mom have left for my namesake and what I have accomplished here so far, with all the taxes I contributed and time I invested in my community and schooling I have received while holding many different jobs to obtain an engineering degree. I will move somewhere else if it it will make you sleep better at night. You will loose an honest citizen and someone else will gain one.

Please, do you really mean that?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Wow, not been a good couple of days. Condolences to the soldier's family, crap like this isn't supposed to happen in Canada because our magnanimous past and present (idiot) "leaders" welcome everybody, even terrorists (and pay them almost twice as much as people on retirement pensions).

However, a couple of days ago, our present idiot leader announced that we were sending fighter craft to battle ISIS, it appears Harper may as well have painted a target on this colony. So any of these deaths (that should never have happened), I am of the opinion that Harper's owns them and he should really shoulder the blame. Terrorists don't normally screw around with Canada, they send their families to live here (common knowledge), so they tend to keep the peace.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

It's not a "return jihad list" it's a "jihad potential list"

Like the first attack on monday, the guy was seize his passport when he try to flight off to syria or in middle-east. This guy was even "snitch" by his father because he was scare to see his son change so radically...

the "jihad potential list" block these radical to go outside Canada... That might make trigger their extremist side and make them attack here.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well, if terrorists send their families to live there ...

Why do you think you're immune again?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- Winston Churchill

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Seizing a passport can really anger someone determined to leave. However if he had a criminal record how would he obtain a passport in order to get into another country? The police could not have seized it if he had none to begin with.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

true, but i think you can manage to get a "pardon" for little crime. Then i think you can have your passport back. Maybe he did that before being radical islamic

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the family of this soldier who was killed today serving the nations honored dead. I hope Canada can in some way honor this man at his funeral, family willing of course.

I wonder how this attack will effect Canadian military policy ? If I am not mistaken, Canada's jet fighters are all but obsolete and in need of replacing and there doesn't seem to be any political will on the opposition side to support moving forward .

edit on 22-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am white and british and I'm not in the least bit religious... But what the hell do you expect exactly? Why the outrage and shock? Our countries governments are to blame! They go round murderering brown people and have done for decades! DECADES! And not just the odd guy getting shot... We're talking millions of men women AND children! We fly over and drop bombs from the air... We fire rockets... We drag people out of thier homes and shoot them where they stand!

Those are the lucky ones... The rest? Oh they get dragged into a cage and tortured! TORTURED... You really think there will be no comebacks for that?

Just one of you tell me... What would you do? Some country gets superior weaponry to yours and they come over and bomb the feck out of you killing all your family... Picture them now, brains all over the street... Arms legs laying around... Maybe a piece of a face! What would you do? Would you be a "coward" and try to get some revenge?

When I was growing up it was the IRA... My dad hated america, said they funded the IRA, perhaps he was right I don't know nor do I care, in fact good for the USA! We were in thier darn country! Taking a slice for ourselves! What the hell do people expect when you do that?

Everyone ESPECIALLY us need to stop killing everyone! Simple as that! We ALL need to live and let live! So some countries have some strange laws, they treat women badly... Well newsflash! We used to aswell! And not too long ago either! Not to mention how we treated black people! Oh but now we get on our high horse?

People grow at different rates! If we could start treating women and black people better then why can't these other countries get there over time?

The hypocracy just makes me wanna puke!
edit on 22-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
PM Stephen Harper is way to quick to call this a "terrorist attack". Faux News is even reporting a headline story that this "was the work of a recent convert to Islam".

They don't know anything yet. They know that this was a guy with a gun, maybe a couple of guys, that's it. They don't know about Islamic conversion, they don't know if it was motivated by ISIS or anything else. One guy with a gun killing a soldier doesn't make it a "terrorist attack".

TPTB need to stick to the facts. Tell Canadians that it was one guy with a gun, or two guys with a gun, and we don't know any more details for now, but will release more details as they come available.

Stephen Harper was saying tonight that this will "increase Canadians' resolve to fight terror", meaning that I suspect he will introduce a bill in Parliament within a matter of days (likely by end of next week) to massively increase Canadian military presence in Iraq and Syria, and it will overwhelmingly pass with very little opposition.

More's the pity, until today, most Canadians would say to stay the hell out of the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You can have a criminal record and have a passport. There isn't any prohibition to travel if you have a record. It's whether or not the country you plan to visit will accept you. Anyone can go to Mexico as a last resort.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32
If that's true, then please explain why every government over there wants the west to go in and clean up ISIL ?

Not to mention all the Kurds as well as other Muslim's that ISIL deems to be in religious error?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Canada has dealt with terrorism before, the old FLQ in Quebec, Trudeau's dad dealt with it.
Canada could have a Déjà vu moment, if his son comes to power and a big terrorist event happens.
Canada Circa 1970 the famous "Just Watch Me." reaction. From the 5:00 mark is where it gets interesting.

If you really want to piss Canadians off and really end these guys, let them try something at a Hockey game in Toronto or Montreal ?
edit on 22-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
a reply to: Meee32
If that's true, then please explain why every government over there wants the west to go in and clean up ISIL ?

Not to mention all the Kurds as well as other Muslim's that ISIL deems to be in religious error?

Because they have always been fighting each other! And I am not talking about one faction... I am talking about the decades of bombing we have done all over the world! WE armed the taliban to fight russia... WE armed isil too... And many others just like them!

We need to stop meddling! It's what got us in the mess in the first place!

But you didn't answer me... What would you do? You happen to live in a country that is getting bombed to high heaven and all your family is in bits all over the street... What would you do? Simple question...

EDIT: Also you say "If that's true?" Which bit do you think is not true exactly? It's all fact my friend... You must be real young not to know any of this stuff...

edit on 22-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Look for the suspect to have had a history of mental health 'treatment.' If so, you'll know what happened.

----------------------

Like this other Canadian whack shooter of recent vintage:

6-4-14 Justin Bourque, 24, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada shooting rampage; 5 cops shot, 3 fatally

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulSiRfLytY
"He just had the most blank look on his face, like he was on a mission, ready to do something"

Those are 2 different people. 2 different nut-jobs from opposite sides of the country. The second pic was a man on a mission, the first pic is a closet case sicko that actually thought he might get away with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Too many bleeding hearts. Too much political correctness. Kick them all out of the country, no more immigration. Canada better take a very hard stance on this religion from this point on or this will drag on and on for a thousand years. Harper, I don't like you at all but you better do something about this.

Have you seen a photo of today's shooter Michael Zehaf-Bibeau?

heavy.com...

Or how about yesterday's killer Martin 'Ahmad' Rouleau?

www.google.ca... 15#imgdii=_

They both are not immigrants, but full blooded Canadians just like moi (minus the beard). So, posting a bigoted remark like that was just idiotic.

How does one take a hard stance on combating an ideology? After all, kicking out immigrants as you have suggested obviously would not of prevented today's and yesterday's killers from committing these vile despicable acts of murder that shatters the lives of all those left picking up the pieces.

I agree with you that Islamic extremist nut jobs must be dealt with, but how? How do you prevent what happened today from happening again?

The movie "Minority Report" could be the answer to question perhaps...? Btw, it's not about reporting minorities. I just found it poetic to reference considering the context of your bigoted comment.

Minority Report is a 2002 American neo-noir science fiction thriller film directed by Steven Spielberg and loosely based on the short story of the same name by Philip K. Dick. It is set primarily in Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia in the year 2054, where "PreCrime", a specialized police department, apprehends criminals based on foreknowledge provided by three psychics called "precogs".

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

My heart goes out to the loved ones of those brave men who died within these past two days.

Rest In Peace to my Brothers, Cpl Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
common sense...

This generation is missing some serious common sense..

Crap like this was not happening 20 years ago.. Just saying....

Sorry to hear about this story canucks...

Hope you guys get things in order after this dramatic bullcrap...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Facts? Why would they start now?
They already knew the story they wanted you to hear.
It's all about anger and revenge, the sooner the better.
Just like we heard on the morning of 9/11 from Paul Bremer, who was later the Director for Iraq Reconstruction. Who just so happened to miss work that day at Cantor Fitzgerald (where one of the planes hit, 400-some dead employees) so it was coincidental he was on tv the morning of 9/11 naming Bin Laden not even 2 hours after the first plane hit. Hmmmmmm.
They knew who they wanted to blame on 9/11 too.
That should tell you all you need to know.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

?...

1984 in quebec parlement, it happen... ( a ex-soldier/crazy went with a automatic gun in the Quebec parlement killing 3 people )

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Are you thinking of the way things used to be? Remember the Security Perimeter deal when the US demanded and got all info on Canadian flying passengers, including medical history, and how no-fly lists came into being? I somehow doubt that this guy would have been allowed on a plane to fly over US territory that's all.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm in Ottawa, living 2 blocks down from where this happened. For most people this doesn't seem like a huge event. But for Canada it is equivalent to somebody walking into the whitehouse and opening fire. This was not ISIS but a radical islamist that most likely was thinking about this for a while, but after the soldier in Montreal was killed 3 days ago by another 'radical islamist'...he decided it was time to attack the Parliament. Of course the media is not disclosing the whole story, as of this point, there were at least 3 shooters, and 3 other people that were shot around the same area which are not in critical condition. All the downtown core is on lockdown, streets feel like a ghostdown and a complete police state atmosphere, they are not mentioning on the news that other shooters are still at large. Everything they are saying is bull#. I cant believe headlines in my city are being mentioned on infowars, like I said this is a HUGE deal in Canada. Ive never posted before on here but now feel I need to, If anyone gives a # or has any questions, ask away.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join