It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That is one of the things that scares me about the attacks in Ottawa, it might be used/abused by the wrong people to install some sort of US style militarization of the police and capital or potentially used as a justification for further loss of rights and freedoms across the whole country.

Giving up any freedoms in exchange for "security" in my opinion is akin to letting the terrorists win. That is what they want, for us to change the way we live because of their terrorism. Not to mention it is exploited by the military industrial complex to scare the politicians into more funding for over the top police toys.

edit on 22-10-2014 by MarkItZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The deceased soldier was Cpl Nathan Carillo.
His photo with his puppy here
RIP. This really grabs me.

Thanks for the link FreeQuebec
edit on 22-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkItZero

The writing is on the wall my friend. The next gov. in a years time will either be a Liberal majority(unlikely) or another minority gov't. That is a step back and the end of Harper. There are some AWESOME young Conservatives waiting to step into this dictators shoes. My MP is a good example: Mike Chong. Flipped Harper the bird and left caucus. A good man.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

If wanting a religion to take ownership of their disgruntled members or risk the chance of being deemed "the enemy" or being kicked out of the country makes me a bigot then fine, call me a bigot. What does it make you?

(mods please wait to drop the censorship hammer and let this play out. Only fair I be allowed to defend myself once challenged)

Again, you know nothing about the motives of those behind this.

You're right, I don't know any details. But I sure have a damn good hunch along with 30 million other fellow Canadians. Care to put some money down on the outcome of the investigation?

And what the hell are you on about, a religion "going rogue"?

Did I say going? I should have said gone. What other religion regroups in such as a way as this one? Sets up a caliphate, attacks nations, encourages martyrdom or still lives in 12th century? What other religion is behind all this "terrorism" bs since 911? You tell me what other source there is responsible for the recruitment of young minds to leave their democratic countries and western luxuries to go abroad to fight for Jihad? Well? Who? the Pastafarians? Give me a break.

Do you also blame ALL CHRISTIANS when a CHRISTIAN middle class teenager shoots up his school? Do you also then start screaming about all Christians, shutting down churches and closing Christian schools? Should all Christians be deemed a "threat" when one person who follows the religion kills people?

Another one who seems to be under the impression that your example and religious nut zealots are the same thing. No I don't blame Christians when some kid shoots up a school because he's messed up. Are you saying that "extremists" or terrorists are just "messed up" kids. Are you actually comparing the jihad movement to those of kids who have issues? Probably not, you just didn't realize how dumb of an argument that was.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Good analyse from a journalist ( Normand Lester )

- Surely there are no other suspect. Because Ottawa down-town is open. And if police researched other people, they would tell us. Give description for people to be aware and report them.

- If Harper goes on soon ( like 18h30 eastern ) that would mean that the situation is done. And he will do a "recap" of the incident. If there are some people researched or things developing, he will wait at a later time to talk to media.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

We will stay calm and rational. Its the Canadian way.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It is impossible to calculate which religion brought more violence, so it is better to say that all religions are equally bad.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkItZero

You have a point. When Harper decided to send planes and advisors, he flat-out refused to discuss it in parliament. In fact all attempts to discuss it were answered by his sock puppet Paul (what's his name?) who kept repeating that every day the Israelis were placing their lives on the line. It was an embarrassing farce all around, yet he sent them in despite what anyone thinks about it. We are edging closer to an ultra fema camp state.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx

We will stay calm and rational. Its the Canadian way.

Yea sure, Canadian way. I also thought so when Ukrainian crisis started. One person died, how many people die daily, it is a tragedy, but it is a minor tragedy.

I hope it will never happen, but if there will be hundreds and thousands dead, you will not act in 'Canadian way'.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No. We drew the line on the WMD's crap.

That was Chretien. He was the only one who had balls enough to go against Bush. That kinda came out funny. No pun intended.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Zero comparison between Ukraine and Canada. Moot point.

Our country will handle it just fine and you will not see us rattled by it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yeah, the pitbull. Yacks at anything against the government and says nothing.

The fact is that the gov't doesn't have to take a combat mission to Parliament. It's wise to as you can spread the blame if things go badly but it's not Canadian law.

link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Yeah I agree with you but unfortunately there's only one in this story which has a part to play.

link   
News

The passport of the killer was take out in the past month! ( just like the first "attacker" this monday... )

So both were on the "Radical list" of the gouv...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Greta Levy confirms that he had "no mask or head covering" although its "possible he could have had something tucked under"

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Retikx

Perhaps, but I fire off letters to my MP just in case it could have an effect.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

So was the picture posted earlier not from this incident? That guy clearly had a large white scarf.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Apparently there have been 80 or so extremists who have returned from fighting overseas.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

On what network is Greta Levy (sorry, Greta)?
CNN says he was wearing body armor.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Yeah, but i dont know if they are "known for having fight elsewhere" or just radical that post online.

From what i understand, they were just watch because they were radical, they took out their passport because they thaught they would go out and fight elsewhere.... instead they "fight" here...

let's hope these 80 dont get paranoiac and attack here too... finnally we are not secure... ( i find shockin that both case were so close.... )

Edit News : Video from a car-dash-cam where we see the suspect entering his car.
edit on 22-10-2014 by FreeQuebec86 because: news

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join