It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I still see that war drums are being beaten and all fingers pointing at ISIS.

But has there been any indication it was even done by a Muslim group let alone ISIS?

to be fair at this point in time with what happened yesteday. the comment you made makes you walk out in the pouring rain and ask that same question,

of coure there will be false flag crew onit like a car bonnit but thats a different kettel of fish.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Boeing777

Out of all countries, terrorists chose Canada? Canada would be one of the last countries on earth to be targeted by Jihadists.

Why?

Because up until this Harper gov't we didn't go around the world pissing in other's pools.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Much faster. They can aalso hold a lot more rounds than a shotgun....up to 13 I in some cases. I am personally a HUGE fan of lever action rifles. I do have to say that a lever action rifle is a really odd choice in this case though. Unless you only plan to hit up to 13 targets or have a second weapon, you won't cause mass casualties with a weapon like this simply because of reload time.
edit on 10/22/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wills120

Google's "right to be forgotten". The BBC has removed hundreds of articles. That's probably the reason in this case too.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

are you still in the military? hope you dont get dragged into some bulls#!?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: haven123
a reply to: Stormdancer777

whats he got? a musket?
It appears to be a lever action rifle, like a Winchester. The design dates back to the 1870's.

bet he got it off pawn stars,he has a buddy that knows all aboot them

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For conspiracy theorist... ( i'm more kidding then anything )

If the name is real, the 2 attack we got in Canada were done by "converted" islamic. Brainswash/Candidat Manchu style ?

The first attack, the change of the guy is so drastic, he looked like a Douche-bag ( gold chain, beer, look buff a bit ) then went to islamic full power in 2yrs!

But on a serious note, the first had big trouble in his life. EVEN HIS DAD called the police and told them his son wanted to go fight of Isis. That why the police took off his passport... But could not arrest him, because he didnt did a crime.

And like i hear in a radio show. These "lone wolf" are not alone !!! Every people that are radicalize, are radicalize by OTHER PEOPLE! Via internet propaganda or other inter-action.

None of these "lone-wolf" acted by themself, they were "contamined" by other!

The only real "lone-wolf" i could think, is the una-bomber in USA i think ? All other are just people that are inspire by propaganda.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Wasn't Canada involved in Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq all prior to Harper's election?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: victor7

Main question is, how come these legal immigrants (although do not know yet who was this attacker) and especially their kids (yesterday 3 teenage gals were returned from Germany into FBI hands in US) get brainwashed.

Time to ATTACK this brainwashing process and nip the problem in the bud.

US or any half decent army can wipe off ISIL in a week at most. Problem sure is ISIL, AQ etc. but main thing is to KILL OFF their abilities to communicate and recruit "attackers" inside different countries that are non-Islamic etc.

UK reports that 500 such brainwashed people are in Syria and Iraq. So where does this brainwashing take place and how to stop it is the question and challenge.

The Colorado girls, from what I understand, were of Somali descent and radicalized online. To nip that where it starts as you'd like would require policing the internet. Which...is not in the best interest of the general public, and something we've fought against.

In that case there is a rule of "give and take". After 9-11, the US public have to give up their airport "quickness' in the form of extra TSA security and checks. This was to gain extra security in aviation for personal and business uses.

Same logic here, public will have to give us some amenities to gain further securities. On the otherhand, US govt. and departments like NSA are very resourceful and they can devise some methods where by online brainwashing type projects conducted by ISIL and AQ etc. are vastly controlled and not allowed to "graduate" a new class of "domestic attackers" every few months.

Got to hit this problem in the roots otherwise be ready for such nonsense like school/workplace shootings etc. Those school/workplace shootings are still going on because US govt. could not control the gun laws and hence the problem still exist.

It's all upto the law makers and powerful entities in the common society. We can only express our views and may be vote. If push comes to shove, then may be buy body armor when going to work or shopping etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Afganisthan yes, Irak no. Irak was a "reconstruction mission". Afgan i think it was more "active" Kuweit i was too young to fallow the news.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Wasn't Canada involved in Kuwait

Yes. Humanitarian.

Afghanistan

Yes. Who didn't after 911?

and Iraq all prior to Harper's election?

No. We drew the line on the WMD's crap.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: Boeing777

Out of all countries, terrorists chose Canada? Canada would be one of the last countries on earth to be targeted by Jihadists.

Why?

Because up until this Harper gov't we didn't go around the world pissing in other's pools.

When has Canada ever started a war?
The roll always seemed to back the man power for the u.s. or allies.
Feels like Canada gets stuck with salvage and overhaul..

But I never served. Nor am I Canadian..
I sorry for this day Canada.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
News about Michael Zehaf-Bibeau being arrest past years in Mtl for drug possession.

Still no more news about others shooter, he acted alone surely.

Source : heavy.com...

edit on 22-10-2014 by FreeQuebec86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That would be the 2nd attack this past week.Of course the no such thing as "Terrorist"crowd will arrive(if they haven't already)to deny such things take place.I hope the coward who committed murder is caught or shot soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

He was dead hours ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

No offense, but I'm neither prepared nor willing to surrender any more freedoms in exchange for "safety" purely because misguided teenage girls went full retard. That's akin to hacking off the nose to spite the face.
edit on 10/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
CBC interviewed an analyst who compared it to Anders Breivik and said "in that case everyone thought it was terrorism but it turned out it was actually a mentally ill individual"

Stupid #er...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why does everyone expect terrorist to be reasonable?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.....I feel quite embarrassed about my lack of knowledge regarding Canada's recent foreign policy.

The Canadians have always been the most steadfast of friends to the British people, something that will never be forgotten.

This is a tragic event and something that we in the UK are all too familiar with, lets hope this is the act of a lone nutjob.

My heart goes out to the deceased's family.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A very sad day for Canada and my condolences to the family of the slain soldier.
I'm even sadder to see Canada falling in to goosestep with the US as you will see even more of your rights disappearing in the name of security.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join