It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 4.O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ermmm...doesnt look that different to me

ill check out the main site like right now, but can SO give us a little tour of the new place

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Excellent!!!

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Ermmm...doesnt look that different to me

I'm guessing its mostly coding stuff that we can't see

so far i've seen:

on the politics page the blogs are up at the right now

recent posts list is shorter

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
List of 4.0 items that are mostly under-the-hood: Unified central code-base, AboveTop:Board v2.0 on all sites Politics @ ATS Points awarded on all boards Edit function with 2-hour timeout RATS now a purchase & monthly subscription Optimized lower-bandwidth CSS menu system Lower-bandwidth Index, Forum, and Thread pages Subdomain integration of boards (below.abovetopsecret.com... for example) Timed generation of semi-static content (several changes here) Improved Index page for all boards WayAbove winners now get 5,000 points Optimized database tables (streamlined several) Improved database queries (gained some efficiency) MyRecent - Recents posts page tied to your MyATS subscriptions MyATS colors - display is BTS, ATS, PTS color-coded CoreMetrics traffic monitoring Long-list of minor code optimizations on nearly every page There are a couple of additional tweaks coming, but we're essentially on ATS 4.0 BETA right now.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord. you are offically the dude
if i was single, female and living in America...i would marry you!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
SkepticOverlord. you are offically the dude
if i was single, female and living in America...i would marry you!

lmao

So now even BTS posts are awarded points? Is there a new spreadsheet that has the point values laid out?

Since I've joined ATS this place has had about 10 face-lifts and a couple tummy-tucks....and it seemed perfectly fine to begin with...lol

SO - you rock!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
List of 4.0 items that are mostly under-the-hood:

Unified central code-base, AboveTop:Board v2.0 on all sites
Politics @ ATS
Points awarded on all boards
Edit function with 2-hour timeout
RATS now a purchase & monthly subscription
Optimized lower-bandwidth CSS menu system
Lower-bandwidth Index, Forum, and Thread pages
Subdomain integration of boards (below.abovetopsecret.com... for example)
Timed generation of semi-static content (several changes here)
Improved Index page for all boards
WayAbove winners now get 5,000 points
Optimized database tables (streamlined several)
Improved database queries (gained some efficiency)
MyRecent - Recents posts page tied to your MyATS subscriptions
MyATS colors - display is BTS, ATS, PTS color-coded
CoreMetrics traffic monitoring
Long-list of minor code optimizations on nearly every page

There are a couple of additional tweaks coming, but we're essentially on ATS 4.0 BETA right now.

If this is just the BETA, I'm excited. This is awesome to see such progress. It is much more than I thought it would be. I love to see the integration of points onto all boards.

Keep up the AWESOME WORK, SO!
I am so interested in the under-the-hood workings of this place. It intrigues me how much can be done.

I CANNOT WAIT for ATS 4.0 FINAL!

This is like the Windows Longhorn betas... oh wait... it's not... cuz this is actually a WORKING BETA and it comes with more features!!!

w00t.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Go ATS version 4
oh yea...and SO too for making it

But...are we really on version 4? Take a look at this comparison from the top of the thread page and the bottom...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

List of 4.0 items that are mostly under-the-hood:

Unified central code-base, AboveTop:Board v2.0 on all sites
Politics @ ATS
Points awarded on all boards
Edit function with 2-hour timeout
RATS now a purchase & monthly subscription
Optimized lower-bandwidth CSS menu system
Lower-bandwidth Index, Forum, and Thread pages
Subdomain integration of boards (below.abovetopsecret.com... for example)
Timed generation of semi-static content (several changes here)
Improved Index page for all boards
WayAbove winners now get 5,000 points
Optimized database tables (streamlined several)
Improved database queries (gained some efficiency)
MyRecent - Recents posts page tied to your MyATS subscriptions
MyATS colors - display is BTS, ATS, PTS color-coded
CoreMetrics traffic monitoring
Long-list of minor code optimizations on nearly every page

There are a couple of additional tweaks coming, but we're essentially on ATS 4.0 BETA right now.

Phew wooks like you guys have been busy. Hope you include a four barrel carb and 557 Hemi under the hood of 5.0 4.0 beta working wooks great

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
did we get far more liberal in giving out points, or did i just post more than i thought?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I hope that site is as good as this site.

I dont think it can get any better, can it!

LOL!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just wondering, if I happen to notice a minor bug on the new 4.0, should I post it here or send it thru the suggestion form?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

*sigh*
Fragile Earth is still not available to me to edit into the Your Favorite Forums section on the MY ATS page.
Sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The only bug I noticed is when viewing a thread logged off, and use the login boxes on the top right of any topic page,.... it will give me an error and not let me login. The login on the main forum works though.

(I did notice something else, I had made two fairly large and detailed posts the last 2 days,... and after previewing the post prior to submitting,... I may make some typo changes, and then go preview again to be sure,... at this point my IE6 on XPp, gives me the crappy warning that ..."they are sorry, internet explorer has experienced a problem and will be closed" crap.

I normally wouldnt care, but this happenned the last 2 days in a row, and after compiling some rather lengthy and detailed threads of posts I would be proud of, I gave up, until tomorrow maybe. Gotta build it from scratch again on notepad.
) But I havent ruled out the possiblity that it might be my box spazzing out. Except that it only happens here.)

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
The only bug I noticed is when viewing a thread logged off, and use the login boxes on the top right of any topic page,.... it will give me an error and not let me login. The login on the main forum works though.

It's not your box: it happened to me trying to post at BTS and P@ATS. Like you, I lost posts and like you I could also log in on the main page.

I have also lost posts using the little quote, url, etc buttons on the reply page.

top topics

join