It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party in Georgia Uses Ferguson Incident to 'Get Out The Vote'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The Democratic Party in Georgia is using the Ferguson Missouri situation to 'get out the vote' in their state. Frightening flyers that insinuate Ferguson type events could happen if people don't vote (and, assumably, don't vote Democrat) are being distributed to the black community.

An interview with Democratic Party Chairman DuBose Porter, and his defense of the use of these pamphlets, can be found at this link -
Atlantic Journal Constitution

Is it fair to link it to police violence?

“Well, not just police violence but the circumstances to put people in the conditions that they’re in. That’s what we need to change in Georgia because that’s what you have. You have situations, you have communities that can explode like that because you’ve taken the opportunity away from them.”

Porter said the missive is in line with what Democrats are saying up and down the ticket:

“It echoes the message for job training and opportunity and changing the climate of communities. … It’s all about changing the climate and the communities so that you can move forward and not feel like you’re restricted. That’s the message from our entire team: Let’s bring better opportunities so it doesn’t end up like that.”

Do you buy what Democratic Party Chairman DuBose Porter is saying, or is this just a case of the Democratic Party trying to scare people so the people will vote Democrat?

NY Times - Black Vote Seen as Last Hope for Democrats to Hold Senate

The confidential memo from a former pollster for President Obama contained a blunt warning for Democrats. Written this month with an eye toward Election Day, it predicted “crushing Democratic losses across the country” if the party did not do more to get black voters to the polls.

“African-American surge voters came out in force in 2008 and 2012, but they are not well positioned to do so again in 2014,” Cornell Belcher, the pollster, wrote in the memo, dated Oct. 1. “In fact, over half aren’t even sure when the midterm elections are taking place.”

The flyers ... accurate and a good way to get the vote out for positive change? OR Desperate scare tactic being used against black voters? OR a little bit of both??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Democrats are just as responsible for the state of African Americans than the GOP are. This kind of political campaigning is disgusting.

For them to walk around and pretend that GOP politics caused this situation is ridiculous. It's PURPLE politics that has led to this.

I'd vote GOP if I lived there and saw something like that. What's next, you gonna parade around the kids of SH to convince me that the NRA are bad people?

ffs.

~Tenth

edit on 10/22/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

When you compare red and blue states, red states are terrible, worst crime rates, poverty, and incarceration rates, education, and they just don't compare well with blue state rankings. The defense from the right is these trends are because of democratic areas in those states proving republicans are not capable of governing all the people effectively.

Police state America is here, most red states have for profit prisons so its in there financial interests to grow this industry, this industry also occurs in blue states but its tragic the poorest, least educated crime ridden states are deep red.

The Reagan years gave us zero tolerance policies in our schools and society in general and then GWB war on terror finished building the infrastructure, laws and training to militarize our society including our once civilian police forces.

The current local government in Ferguson are republican, all you need is to look up the facts this population live under.

If you think a failed school system to prison then a 75% Recidivism is good then vote republican.
edit on 22-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Come on out! You are upset! Time to vote!

...of course the reason you are upset and our candidate have nothing to do with each other but who cares, right? Time for some change - vote the same!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The worst places in America, which are urban city centers, are mostly run by democrats.

New York, Chicago, Detroit, LA etc..

Blue politics don't translate any better than red ones.

Also, the red states who have higher rates of crime, average only 5% above blue states. That's almost negligible.

~Tenth
edit on 10/22/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So you think the flyers are accurate? If people don't vote democrat then all sorts of racial hell will break loose? You are okay with the Democrats using scare tactics and using Ferguson Missouri rhetoric, all to get the black vote in Georgia? You don't think the democratic party is manipulating and misusing the black voting block? Okay ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Then explain low crime rural populations that are democratic? The more population the more crime in any population.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Oh really? Hellinois is a blue state, care to tell me why our crime rate is so high?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You don't think the tea party hasn't used the same tactics?

Ferguson has a republican government.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Then explain low crime rural populations that are democratic? The more population the more crime in any population.

I'm talking about statistics, which take a per capita basis. The individual population actually doesn't factor into it.

Rural places, in general, have less crime that urban centers. That's been true for generations.

Also, Democratic sectors show higher instances of non violent crime, like Fraud for example, tax evasion etc.

There's no more crime on one side of the fence than the other.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Most rural populations lean to the right. I'm talking about the mid-west though. Not sure about the rest of the Country.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

California and Illinois ... both blue ... both financially broke.
Detroit. Perfect example of a blue city. Cesspool.
Chicago and LA. Blue cities. Crime ridden.
It's impossible to put blue on a pedestal. It's not better than red.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Democrat. Republican. What's the difference? None of them care about you. So stop defending them like they are your homeboy.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What does one expect from a state that has representatives that think with too many people on one side of an island it will tip over.

And something like this surprises anyone?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Partisanship won't fly on this one!

In June of this year, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) introduced an amendment to halt the Pentagon's 1033 program, which distributes hundreds of millions of dollars of military-grade weapons and equipment to local police annually. The amendment overwhelmingly failed, and just seven out of 41 voting members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) supported it.

That vote has drawn controversy in the wake of this summer's protests and grotesquely militarized police response in Ferguson, Missouri. Ferguson's own congressman is Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.); he is a member of the CBC, and he voted against demilitarizing police.

The Congressional Black Caucus voted to preserve police militarization

When it comes to our wonderful elected officials, their corruption is so bad, that regardless of what party they belong to, they will do whatever it takes to protect themselves from retribution from the people they so willfully wronged!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
You don't think the tea party hasn't used the same tactics?

Does the Tea Party even really exist? It's rather passe to deflect to the Tea Party.

Again I ask ... is the Democratic Party in Georgia putting out an ACCURATE pamphlet? Will racial hell break out without Democrats getting in office? You don't think the democratic party is manipulating and misusing the black voting block?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Texas has a higher crime rate than what? Ever heard of Chicago, Detroit, Cincinati? All blue and all crime ridden.

Anyhoo, those flyers are horrible and quite racist. Just my two round copper peices.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

California and Illinois ... both blue ... both financially broke.
Detroit. Perfect example of a blue city. Cesspool.
Chicago and LA. Blue cities. Crime ridden.
It's impossible to put blue on a pedestal. It's not better than red.

In fact, what’s striking is that from 1985 through 2012 only six cities have held the anti-honor of having the nation’s highest murder rate: New Orleans (12 times, most recently in 2011); Washington, D.C. (eight times, most recently in 1999); Detroit (four times, most recently 2006), Flint, Mich. (twice, also in 2010); Richmond, Va. (once, in 1997) and Birmingham, Ala. (once, in 2005).

Pewresearchcenter

14 red state
14 blue states

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Are the republicans attempting voter suppression in Georgia like other states?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join