It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says it won't budge on approach to climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
"The United States, the world's largest producer of global-warming gases, on Tuesday said it will not change its approach to climate change, charging that the Kyoto Protocol was not underpinned by scientific fact, but based on politics."

www.spacedaily.com...

GW says the Kyoto is all politics. He is right. Man has little to do with global warming. In fact solar activity and volcanic eruption are the major contibutors to warming. CO2 emissions by volcanic erutions exceed manmade emissions by 150 times.

Volcanic Data

Solar data is on the chart below.

Solar data

[edit on 9-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You know I aloways belived man evolved from the lower primates but i am begining to think we evolved from th ostrige as so manny of us have our heads stuck in the sand.
even assuming the figers are right and volcanios put in more co2 then we do its a CLOSED system with has a balance .In otherwords mabby the volcanios do help warm the planet and without them we would be living of a world of ice and snow. Now we come along and distrupt that balance by adding more co2 incress the heating effect adding to the volcanios and it now warms up even farther then the valcanios are capible of doing alone.
After all your chart is the one saying Co2 does cause heating wile it inores the extrea amounts we add in .
so your cart clames valcanions put in (3 times?) the amount we do that means the extrea amount we add in is like incressing the valcanic acctivity by 25% a BIGG incress. Now why is it you think the earth was so much warmer back in the dinosurs days . More volcanios more co2 in the air.
over time this extra co2 was traped into oil and coal . We arent creating new co2 we are just putting the oringial co2 back. eventuly the amounts of co2 in the air will be closer to what is was thous millions of years agaio when the averge temp of earth was closer to 65% .
ps the averge temp of earth stands at just over 32% right now but it HAS going up buy 2 % already in the last 40 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
You know I aloways belived man evolved from the lower primates but i am begining to think we evolved from th ostrige as so manny of us have our heads stuck in the sand.
even assuming the figers are right and volcanios put in more co2 then we do its a CLOSED system with has a balance .In otherwords mabby the volcanios do help warm the planet and without them we would be living of a world of ice and snow. Now we come along and distrupt that balance by adding more co2 incress the heating effect adding to the volcanios and it now warms up even farther then the valcanios are capible of doing alone.
After all your chart is the one saying Co2 does cause heating wile it inores the extrea amounts we add in .
so your cart clames valcanions put in (3 times?) the amount we do that means the extrea amount we add in is like incressing the valcanic acctivity by 25% a BIGG incress. Now why is it you think the earth was so much warmer back in the dinosurs days . More volcanios more co2 in the air.
over time this extra co2 was traped into oil and coal . We arent creating new co2 we are just putting the oringial co2 back. eventuly the amounts of co2 in the air will be closer to what is was thous millions of years agaio when the averge temp of earth was closer to 65% .
ps the averge temp of earth stands at just over 32% right now but it HAS going up buy 2 % already in the last 40 years.

Yes the entire earth is a closed system with the exception of solar activity. The highest CO2 content (in recent history) was around 900-1000 AD when the Vikings "broke-out" of their villages to rampage europe. Data indicates there was several years without winter. Mans contribution to CO2 was almost nonexistant at that time. Global Warming is REAL, but man in his arrogance, can't claim it.

E_T

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
He is right. Man has little to do with global warming...
...volcanic eruption are the major contibutors to warming. CO2 emissions by volcanic erutions exceed manmade emissions by 150 times.
"Typo"?
(or intentional disinformation?)

...Man-made (anthropogenic) CO2 emissions overwhelm this estimate by at least 150 times.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by E_T]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am a moron, I misread the data in the report I linked. I have data similar to what I thought it said. I will correct shortly.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The data from this website indiate natural emission are 150 BILLION tons verses human 7 billion tons.
The data indicates man provides 4% of the total CO2 emissions per year. Volcanic activity notwithstanding. This article then speculates that the earth can't keep up with the extra emissions.

www.ace.mmu.ac.uk...

top topics

join