It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Embassy in Baghdad's Green Zone is currently being shelled.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't think we kept the receipt.

touche!

Being held accountable isn't what I'm talking about. But sitting on the sidelines pretending you had no part in its creation and letting it grow.. and grow.. and devour everyone it finds.. is symbolic of a very rotted soul

Which I think fits very nicely into the definition of accountability, myself.

I have not one issue of the criticism of US foreign policy or it's actions over the past decade.

The government does not hold itself accountable for its own actions.

Therefore, we have to hold political leadership accountable for their actions. And we aren't.

They get a pass every time.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

The point is, everything you touch ... becomes dust, literally speaking. Vietnam, Iraq ...

Yes, yes, yes...

That's last years myopic pop song, change the channel already.

Japan, Germany and South Korea are economic powers each in their own right. Western Europe compared to Eastern Europe was by comparison a hell of lot more user friendly during the Cold War.

edit on 22-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Forced to leave, by a number of factors.

The enemy stopped fighting you. After you last major battles with Al Sadr in the mosque they stopped. You didn't win, they knew that going toe to toe with you indefinitely was going to give you the victory eventually. So they stopped, they accepted your training, your tools they grew.. you grew them!

You only had the offshoots and the minor groups left, once you started banging them down the rest fled to Al Sadr and it became peaceful, so to speak.

You cannot stay if there's no threat or reason to fight anymore.
Plus your oil companies had won the contracts, the political pawns have been given positions of power.. the time was right.

The people back home forced you out to. People grew tired of the war and knew something illegal and dishonest had occurred. It might have taken them a decade but they come to realize they shouldn't be there. This ultimately put pressure on your political parties to get troops out as the public support had diminished and soon they'd demand answers.. hey an election, perfect timing!

Any idea that you went into Iraq, beat the enemy and left victorious is Fox New Fanciful nonsense.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Well written, i hate being on a cell phone. I will say a political win is different than a barbaric slaughter, i feel we achieved our goals not entirely but for the most part. We dont slaughter, and we could if we wanted to we could do it more effeciantly than anyone else. We come with goals to destroy an enemy, in doing so we also abide by rules,politcs , to some extent i agree, and i believe genocide is inhuman and should never happen.however we cant truly win in the worlds judgement unless we commit slaughter or at least thats how it feels,maybe thats why everyone turns there head to the bs isis is doing.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

So the us has been breeding terrorists for 1400 years? The us probably bread the terrorist pirates that disrupted allied trade so much in the early 1800's we had to go fight our first war (US) on foreign soil? The Barbary pirate wars was all a set up?

There is a big problem no one In any sort of position of power wants to admit.

The frame work for the current religious and social paradigms is a breeding ground for extremists.

The writings of Islam are easily used to promote jihad and recruit.

Defending against extremism by the rest of the world adds to the recruitment power of the exteneists.

The Middle East is basically a grease fire and the allies are trying to put it out with water.

The only real solution I can even Phathom that works with the way things are currently playing out is, PROSECUTE THE EVIL and the world can't complain.

I reckon they are just filming and keeping and very very close watch on the area and making sure everyone around the world truly knows just what time it is over there before someone steps in and wipes up the mess. I'm probably giving the current admin to much credit but berzinski's role in this over the last 50 YEARS can't be ignored IMO. I just can't believe that any administration could be just flat out this bad. Like everyone not just the pres.

As for the green zone. My favorite line in the article was "security forces surrounded the area to prevent further ass hattery"

"Security forces"

We aren't talkin dayday and ice cube from Friday after next. The majority of the security in the Greenzone are contractors that get rich for growing beards and kicking ass. These mofos get paid a ton... Think they wanna bleed out in the sand somewhere? Attacking the Greenzone is honestly the worst move they could pull next to actually attacking US soil.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

They're or They are is what you are looking for. Their is used to indicate possession.

The more you know...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Just to clarify. I spelled his name wrong above by accident.

This is the man I speak of.

Wikibigniew brzezinsky

"Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzeziński [ˈzbʲiɡɲɛf kaˈʑimʲɛʂ bʐɛˈʑiĩ̯skʲi]; born March 28, 1928) is a Polish American political scientist, geostrategist, and statesman who served as a counsellor to Lyndon B. Johnson from 1966–1968 and held the position of United States National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981. He is regarded as one of President Obama's main advisors on foreign politics.[2]"

The dude was born in Warsaw in 1928. I'm looking for his experiences during ww2 right now but I got a feeling he's been involved in war for a long time.

Edit to add, I've read people attribute the fall of communism DIRECTLY to brzezinski via the quagmire he built for them in Afghanistan. I can't help but wonder what he's got cooking now.
edit on 22-10-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

originally posted by: UpLateWakingUp
How can isis be large enough to take bagdad and too small for us to find and fight them at the same time?

"At this moment, for example, in 1984 (if it was 1984), Oceania was at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. In no public or private utterance was it ever admitted that the three powers had at any time been grouped along different lines. Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge, which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible." -1984, George Orwell.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join