It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Embassy in Baghdad's Green Zone is currently being shelled.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well your question can be answered economically , ethically , and or morally . Looks to me you arent looking at the big picture, or the context of our current global status. Your only looking at this through ideals and the situation we wish we were in. We are not isolationist we have far reaching obligation and not meeting those obligations has consequences. As far as someones pawn, if you ask me we are the worlds slut and i dont like any of this more than you . I also dont live in a walgreens world

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

We don't have to be isolationists, we can be non-interventionists. The big picture that people need to realize is that we went to the ME, for whatever reason, and ousted the Iraqi leader that kept these radical nutbags in check.....Saddam Hussein.

He was much more reasonable to deal with and the region was more stable with him in power. We should have never gone there in the first place and we would not have thrown the area into chaos.

Our sense of "obligation" is arrogant and to blame for the current state of affairs.

That's the big picture far too many people are not willing to accept.

edit on 10/22/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
China, India etc, need to step up their game plan and support.

I dont agree, respectfully Slayer!

USA are responsible for the mess in Iraq from the day they stepped foot across the border in 2003.

The US honestly thought it could get away with butchering a society, stealing their treasure, setting up a puppet government and then leaving.. all the while blaming the butchered country itself?

Hell no, USA broke it, you can go in their and fix it!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Sure buddy...tell that to the Native Americans

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Then these "globalists" are not very smart because their "securing of threats" only continue to breed more threats.

I've seen a bit of their work and smart doesn't seem to be a strong point. I think they are finding muscle just doesn't work the way they had envisioned.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

I dont disagree but these are two different subjects.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Back in 2003 I was against boots on the ground in Iraq as well, I know full well what transpired. You're preaching to the choir. That being said...

We now live in the year 2014 not 2003, those resource contracts are legal and I'm in no mood to send more American boys back into Iraq when the rest of the world relies on their fuels but doesn't lift a finger to defend them and even votes against the US at the UN.

Screw that, the rest of the world needs to either man up and pitch in and PRONTO or everybody, including the US back the hell away and let it settle how it may.

Fair enough?
edit on 22-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The big picture that people need to realize is that we went to the ME, for whatever reason, and ousted the Iraqi leader that kept these radical nutbags in check.....Saddam Hussein.

You are ignoring the memo, we know you got it.

Saddam was a purveyor of WMDs and America was a few days from being destroyed by him. A lot like Lindsey Graham is now saying about ISIS. Immediate action was required or we all died.

Would our leaders mislead us? haha.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Screw that, the rest of the world needs to either man up and pitch in and PRONTO or everybody, including the US back the hell away and let it settle how it may.
Fair enough?

Fair enough!

My only thought is, the rest of the world dont need Iraq as much as the USA needs Iraq. Not just for the resources - Russia, china, India and the emerging South American nations are aware how much the US sacrificed and lied to get its hands on Iraq. To let it fall so easily? would be a massive show of weakness.

Let it rot and fester or tackle it head on.. that may or may not be Israel's decision at the end of the day

But I stand by what I said.. if the US hadn't of gone in and destroyed Iraqi society and hung Saddam, then this entire mess would never have eventuated!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Google says this was posted about 12 hours before your FB source.
Seems like Mr. Oliver is a little ticked, he warned of a possible attack there the day before.
And real bad timing for the POTUS...

ISIS Claims It Hit U.S. Embassy In Attack On Baghdad Green Zone

www.inquisitr.com...

Just one day before the alleged attack, retired Lt. Col. Oliver North claimed that sources in Iraq believed ISIS was planning a “major attack” against the embassy in Baghdad.

“They know Baghdad. They’ve lived in Baghdad,” North said of the militants reportedly planning the attack.

“They are at the gates of Baghdad. They’re coming for us,” he added.

But North’s predictions were also tinged in political criticism, as he used the prediction as a way to attack President Obama and allege a conspiracy to let ISIS take over Iraq for his own benefit.

“I don’t think he gives a d**n,” North said. “I think he’s hoping that he can hold the lid on this until after this election so it won’t be just another disaster for this administration.”

ISIS has been increasing its attacks on Baghdad in recent weeks, including a wave of car bomb and mortar attacks on Sunday that left at least 150 people killed. Four car bombs exploded in Shia districts of Baghdad, leaving 36 people dead and 98 wounded in a span of two hours.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some people's thought process astounds me.

US presence was the problem to begin with, The US should leave the ME but further US presence is required to fix said problem created by US presence in the first place.

edit on 22-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Its not logical its just spewing whatever FEELS right. Ignoring context and praticality.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

I dont disagree but these are two different subjects.

No, not really ...

The point is, everything you touch ... becomes dust, literally speaking. Vietnam, Iraq ... andd whoever wants to "survive", has to literally kick you out. So, as so many have advised the Russians, Chinese and India ... better step up the game. It's better now than later, even though the sane ideology is to "avoid" it as long as possible. In this case, later means ... the US will be more arrogant, and more "empirical", so in this particular case ... later = worse.

You created this, and no matter what you do ... you ain't going to make it better, just worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Some people's thought process astounds me.

US presence was the problem to begin with, The US should leave the ME but further US presence is required to fix said problem created by US presence in the first place.

So the US has to fix it by not fixing it because fixing it would require a presence only we have to have a presence without actually showing up to fix it.

Kind of like Obama voting "Present" in the Senate.

I personally feel that if we can't commit 100% to helping solve the issues in the Middle East, then we have no business there at all.

It's not just our economy that's become "part-time".

It's now our foreign policy!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

My logic seems pretty sound, in my opinion.

We shouldn't have gone to begin with, but we did. We caused a lot of problems, we should pull out and let the ME nations figure it out.

That seems pretty practical, does it not?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Your rhetoric is out of control and you take peoples comments way out of context. Anti americanism,(a rediculous statement for another) is that train still running on gas, or have yall gone solar?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

US presence was the problem to begin with, .

presence = You butchered a nation and stole its treasure. That's a problem in anyone's handbook

The US should leave the ME

leave = after 8yrs of a brutal occupation and fighting against resistance.. you were forced to leave!

but further US presence is required to fix said problem created by US presence in the first place

You cant just wash your hands because you believe now's the time to believe in a nations sovereignty..

you bred ISIS - with all the families of the people the US military murdered.
you trained ISIS - when you disbanded the army and created your own ''pro western'' Iraqi Army.
you bred terrorists - funded them, trained them, broke them in.. you did it in Iraq to achieve your occupational goals.

thought process or not, you broke it you bought it!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

thought process or not, you broke it you bought it!

I don't think we kept the receipt.

Seriously though, when has any government held accountability as a standard?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't think we kept the receipt.

touche!

Being held accountable isn't what I'm talking about. But sitting on the sidelines pretending you had no part in its creation and letting it grow.. and grow.. and devour everyone it finds.. is symbolic of a very rotted soul

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Forced to leave, i disagree what do you mean by that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join