It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realtime Aurora Borealis video (not timelapse)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hi ALL

I thought a few on here may want to see this a real time Aurora video not timelapse and not just one or 2 frames per second.

Real time video of northern lights on oct. 18th in Tromsø, Norway.
Shot with a Sony A7S and Rokinon 24mm T1.5 at 25600 iso with no noise reduction applied.

Aurora Real time Video

The performance of this Sony camera at night is fantastic.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Starred! [I can't flag until I have made 20 posts]

Absolutely Electrifying Vison!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Absolutely beautiful, there must be some interesting legends about those lights.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

According to a folk tale, an arctic fox is running far in the north and touching the mountains with its fur, so that sparks fly off into the sky as the northern lights. Another story says the fox throws the northern lights up into the sky by sweeping snow upwards with its tail. One version then explains how moonlight is reflected from the snowflakes swept up into the sky by the fox's tail.
( Fox´s fire, Firefox, revontulet etc )

Sami people also some Ingenious tribes of North America and Eskimos believe northern lighs are the souls of dead people. People who died too early or violently and Aurora was home for those souls. Eskimos believe that some of the souls go to ground and some up to the sky and these sky souls play football with the skull of walrus.

Makah Indians believe that northern lights were lit up by dwarfs. Menomini Indians believe there is a Giant who is fishing in the northern Sea. And so on... many tales

edit on 22-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

wow interesting, I love stories like these from other part of the world. I think I'll look into them over the weekend.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

thank you for this...it is so hard to find a real time video...i remember like 2 years ago i was on youtube trying to find one and couldnt get real time..very cool

top topics

join