It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted "No-Knock" Raid at My House

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: nenothtu

You really should get a small penlight, for a JIK moment anyways. I'm not a fan of flashlights myself, but I always have one on hand. They're a tool, just like a weapon. My light is the size of a pack of cigs and comes with a variable switch for red/blue/white and even IR LEDs. I haven't used it a lot, but it was handy to have when I did.

I've got a couple nowadays, on key chains, and wouldn't ya know it? My key chain is always in my "other pants"!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82

LOL. Ah yes, I'm familiar with the ol' pics or it didn't happen schtick. I suppose the proper thing to do would have been to produce a video camera from your bum and film the ensuing mayhem while dodging bullets. Of course, then you'd be accused of CGI so I suppose this is a no-win situation.

Clearly, this entire OP has been photoshopped.

Seriously though, I believe the OP. When something like this happens, you'd be amazed at the level of detail one can recall from even a borderline traumatic event. Well played Neno, and I'm glad you didn't run into a pack of trigger happy po-po for once!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Involved in the occasional throat cutting?

WTF.... either he occasionally gets his throat cut, which would mean he is wolverine.... OR he is occasionally cutting peoples throats, which leads me to ask.... wasnt a clash with the law inevitable?

Oh yeah!

Many clashes, in fact.

I still don't quite comprehend how he gets that revolving door in the jailhouse to work for him!

To be fair, there was only the one throat-cutting incident I think, in which the subject of the throat-cutting survived. It's mostly beatings and drug related stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I say it often enough... but I do feel I should say here; I love you with my whole heart and soul. I don't want to live even one of the rest of my days without you. Regardless of anything else, that is why I will stand by your side even if there is danger. I will change up what I do, depending upon the danger posed.. but I will be there with you, no matter what.

I know you were mad at me for rushing out there and yelling at the cops who were threatening your life, but I did what I needed to do. As you once said before, I'm like a mama bear... this is true, when it comes to those I love. And I love you.

Don't be mad at me for it, but never expect me to be a scared little something in face of danger. I wont be, its not in me to be. I was once, but that fear got beat out of me long long ago, and I will never be afraid again. Fear isn't there, not at the same time there is danger. After the fact is always different.

I love you, and our living, and our dying, will be by each others side. Not behind the back of the other cowering. I don't cower. Sorry...
If it means dying, then so be it. Hopefully I will die well.

I love you. You will just have to deal with it.

edit on 22-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
This is an example of why someone came up with the idea of placing unique numbers on houses or mailboxes. That number can be used to identify each house. It does assume a simple understand of numerical digits.

Of course we have seen even this system can't stop assaults on the wrong location. I do wonder since 12 year old paper boys seemed to be able to master it.

Yup.

The house in Detroit where the 7 year old girl was killed in her sleep was a duplex, BOTH sides had individual, clear numbers, and the cops decided to raid BOTH sides of the duplex anyhow.

They had a camera crew with them from a nationally syndicated show, which I suspect they were playing to, and which probably played a part in their overkill.

In my case, the mail boxes for all three houses are out at the road, on a single board, to make it easier for the postman. The houses up here are not numbered on the structure - no real need. Everyone knows everyone, and if you go to the wrong house, they know where to redirect you to...

... which I did, after a bit of commotion and straightening out.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: nenothtu

To be perfectly fair, I'm not a nice guy, either - but I never have been. No alterations necessary.

Live by the sword, die by the sword!

What goes around comes around!

Kama!

Korg.

I'm under no illusions.

God's gonna git me fer that one of these days!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It sounds to me like you handled things very well. You weren't set up to all be victims if it was an imminent home invasion, and you managed to not get shot when it turned out to be the police.

It also sounds like your home and your wife are perfect for you.

These sorts of things (home invasions or no-knock raids) happen more often than some may think, but not everyone reacts as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

Clearly, this entire OP has been photoshopped.

Yup! that's why I pay out the BIG bucks, for top-of-the-line shoppin'!

Seriously though, I believe the OP. When something like this happens, you'd be amazed at the level of detail one can recall from even a borderline traumatic event. Well played Neno, and I'm glad you didn't run into a pack of trigger happy po-po for once!

On top of that, I spent YEARS in security and security-related work, where the by words are "observe and report". One cannot make a proper report without first making proper and accurate observations. More detail is better - employers and clients like details in reports! It becomes ingrained after a few years.

Personally, I think I'm slipping in my old age, since I didn't get a more precise count of guns pointed at me!

edit on 2014/10/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

just wanted to say that I've led one heck of a unique life. some of my friends hate it that I walk around shouting crazy (sounding) stuff (but TRUE nonetheless) while we're in public so I look crrrazy ("The Bible was written at my house!" is my favorite...crazy sounding but absolutely true and well documented
cuz when I first met them, and everyone, they thought I lied about everything in my life and I never feel like I should have to prove anything since it isn't worth my having to cater to "friends" who would presume I'm a liar and thus offend and insult me. The one thing people who really know me know that the one thing I don't do is lie. in fact, it has always puzzled me why they would think that when I am notorious for being honest about anything and everything whether I should be or not. I'll totally humiliate myself, and do so often, just to keep up my truth telling binge. Second, if they'd just take a moment to consider what I do professionally, what my family does, my job history, etc. there's nothing that wouldn't add up considering one of these. Finally, and most difficult for me to understand, the things I'm always called a liar for AREN'T even interesting enough to lie about. They don't make me sexy, they don't make me cool, they don't give the bedsprings a workout. I wonder why they think THAT is the best I could do if I were to make something up. So I had a similar thought, not to pick sides in a two person exchange I just mean to give a counter possibility to the caveat to naive readers that details+emotionally charged language+similar past experiences=big fat liar. So it's all over the news the police are providing blooper footage out the neener. This week ATS had a post about a wrong house warrant. Second, no offense OP, but the type of person who would be targeted by the police or the type of person who is friends with government targets is just the type of person you'd expect on the internet's most comprehensive and active forum for conspiracies, constitution violation, and news that putting on MSM won't further anyone's agenda. So if this scenario went down and it was for anything but a drug bust, tons of the other reasons a bust would happen to you or a friend are for things that someone involved has a big chance of participating online in gun control forums, government overstepping bounds forums, citizens warning citizens to be vigilant forums, prepper forums etc. So if a bust happened to a guy and his buddy, a guy who is clearly pro 2nd amendment and interested in self sufficiency and the long lost practice of actively assuring checks and balances by the people to our overlords, if that guy is at all likely to surf his interests online in his spare time (and in this day and age who doesn't...DAILY) then it would also make sense if he made it to this site occasionally and thus would post it without a doubt if that happened. So really, we know it is happening everywhere, everyday. I don't see why his posting it, the logical response for a seemingly intelligent literate guy, would be at all suspect. Not saying you're wrong naysayer, just struck a nerve after being the big liar all my life when my lies wouldn't make sense if they DIDNT happen and they aren't all that amazing anyway and therefore serve no purpose. So I'd just consider giving the benefit of the doubt which doesn't hurt anyone instead of questioning his honesty which does indirectly insult the guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I say it often enough... but I do feel I should say here; I love you with my whole heart and soul. I don't want to live even one of the rest of my days without you. Regardless of anything else, that is why I will stand by your side even if there is danger. I will change up what I do, depending upon the danger posed.. but I will be there with you, no matter what.

I know you were mad at me for rushing out there and yelling at the cops who were threatening your life, but I did what I needed to do. As you once said before, I'm like a mama bear... this is true, when it comes to those I love. And I love you.

Don't be mad at me for it, but never expect me to be a scared little something in face of danger. I wont be, its not in me to be. I was once, but that fear got beat out of me long long ago, and I will never be afraid again. Fear isn't there, not at the same time there is danger. After the fact is always different.

I love you, and our living, and our dying, will be by each others side. Not behind the back of the other cowering. I don't cower. Sorry...

Aw shucks!

that ain't fair - how am I supposed to argue with that?

How about this: If you do your yelling from behind cover, then there might be one of us left alive to demand justice for my silly butt getting popped!

BUT - if you just gotta, I guess I can think of worse company to keep on the trip to the afterlife!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

One of the things you mentioned but it failed to cross my sleep addled mind at the time was fortifying your house. Just a hint for others who are renovating or building their house, make sure that all entrance doors are not only steel doors with steel frames, but make sure they also only open by swinging to the outside, not the inside.

Those "Master Keys" that cops and burglars like to use are pretty useless against them. It'll take a cable/chain hooked to a vehicle to get that type of door open.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Don't worry, if there is someone to sue, then my son will demand justice for both of us! Unequivocally...

hahahahaha no cover needed!

You need company... my son will try to get rich. He will enjoy it more than me anyway! And I doubt seriously your son will sit back and let justice go unserved. He doesn't even need riches for that I am positive... my son... not so sure...

hahahaha

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

It sounds to me like you handled things very well. You weren't set up to all be victims if it was an imminent home invasion, and you managed to not get shot when it turned out to be the police.

It also sounds like your home and your wife are perfect for you.

They are - especially the wife. The house may have too many rowdy neighbors a bit too close for my taste, though! Still, it works pretty well as a fortress, for all that.

These sorts of things (home invasions or no-knock raids) happen more often than some may think, but not everyone reacts as well.

They do happen a lot more often than one would think, and no one ever hears about them unless there is a spectacularly gory ending, for the most part. This one, for example, would have never been heard of had I not posted it here. I don't think it made the papers, because no one got iced. we didn't bleed, so it won't lead. It may have gotten a small blurb in the "local court news" column, where they list who was arrested for what, but I'm sure there would be no details in that, just mention of George being in jail again, and what for, without the whole "SWAT got called out" detail, much less the "SWAT got called out and nearly hit the wrong house" micro-detail.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't know... back in the town in Missouri where I am from, it got put in the paper that you got a speeding ticket, plus any of the details (such as angry husband threatened cop if he didn't stop writing said ticket to the wifey who happened to be late for work)

hahaha

I don't know what your papers are like, but if they are anything like tiny town Missouri papers, they might just have recounted the whole event, since everyone in the neighborhood knows about it!

Granted, there do seem to be more people here than there though... perhaps not enough time for the paper to be a gossip column too.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

One of the things you mentioned but it failed to cross my sleep addled mind at the time was fortifying your house. Just a hint for others who are renovating or building their house, make sure that all entrance doors are not only steel doors with steel frames, but make sure they also only open by swinging to the outside, not the inside.

Those "Master Keys" that cops and burglars like to use are pretty useless against them. It'll take a cable/chain hooked to a vehicle to get that type of door open.

Yes!

This!

it causes the "master keys" to just try to drive the door THROUGH a steel jamb, rather than having a weak point to attack at the bolt, where a sufficient pop might be able to spring that one little area.

The downside to that is that the hinges are then exposed to the outside for attack, as a weak point.

If you're REALLY security conscious, you will have drilled holes on the hinge-edge of the door, and matching holes in the jamb of the hinge side. Into these goes sections of hardened drill rod, half inch diameter or better, projecting from the door edge just enough to match into the jamb. You only need a half inch or so if the seam between door and jamb is tight when the door is closed (and it really ought to be). You then have a series of drill rod "bolts" on the hinge side of the door, too, so the the hinges can't be blown off or the pins pulled to make the door just fall down, off the hinges. They can't be TOO long, or they won't clear the holes when you open the door, and they can't be too short, or they won't serve the purpose. There is a sweet spot where they have to be.

Just a thought, not that I'd ever actually DO anything so nefarious!

in my case, the way the house is situated, it would be a cool trick to chain the door to a bumper and drive far enough to snatch it out of the wall without A) driving over a cliff, or B) driving into the creek and perhaps more importantly, the creek bank.

I'd almost pay to see that, if they'd let me film it, too!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

There's also the small detail of where those reports for the papers come from to begin with - they come from the police blotters. How many departments are going to blaze into the news that they nearly hit the wrong house, of their own accord?

Nah, I'm thinking "George got arrested again" would be about the extent of it...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing.

I would add a tip here.

Use the age-old parameter alarm system on your properly... aka dogs.

Glad the.story had a good ending.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Dogs, at least the best kind, are not ones you go out and "get". They find you. So far, we are waiting to be found, since my husbands dog ran off last year.

I'm sure when we are ready, we will end up being found. Always when you need it most, and least expect it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing.

I would add a tip here.

Use the age-old parameter alarm system on your properly... aka dogs.

Glad the.story had a good ending.

My dog vanished this past spring, just when the bears started coming out for the year. I don't want to do the math on that one, but he's likely gone for good.

Since then, we've acquired a yappy, scrappy little mutt. He's still a puppy, but already makes a hell of a guard dog, just for warnings. Problem is, he's not really ours, so we'll have to give him back in a year or so.

Note to self: get another dog.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Awwww!

This sounds exactly like what I would have done in a situation like this and exactly how my hubby would have reacted...

Tough, independent, free thinking, non-joining, loyal (sometimes to a fault) and brave women aren't the easiest to get along with. You'd think we would be, right? Lol.

I'm sure you know that about yourself, too. But, we make excellent wives, mama's, and friends. Shoot, we ARE just excellent people all around, once you get to know us.

I know my hubby would never want some meek, close minded, whimpering sort to be at his side when SHTF and I doubt your guy does either. Any man that wants a weak willed woman has issues, IMHO.

Your post just made this one of my fave threads, ever! Thanks for that and sharing your thoughts on the situation!

I mean, the alleged situation...

edit on 22-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join