It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Attempted "No-Knock" Raid at My House

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:38 AM

originally posted by: butcherguy

You certainly have a 'keeper' in this fine woman, nenothtu!

that I do!

I even make a point of telling her that every so often, so's she don't forget!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
a reply to: Sublimecraft

my heart would've been pumpin

As for me I was just pissed off... until the next day. THAT is when I got upset. Prior... I was just plain pissed - I knew they were pointing guns at Nenothtu's head when they started screaming "shooter" and "he's got a gun", at that point every innocent person who got killed by cops was going through my head on the way to get outside with Nenothtu as fast as I could get there. By the time I made it to the door, I had probably never been so livid in my whole life that cops were armed and around our house and threatening to shoot my husband!

I was slow that night, because I had been in lots of pain and had, up to that night, been needing Nenothtu to help me walk. I couldn't have made it out any faster than I did. When Neno said he was going to kill that sob as he was leaving the bedroom, is when I started getting out of bed..

from there, just plain being pissed off is what took me through the rest of it! When I realized it was cops out there, that is when I started to run for the door instead of walking.

I was less pissed off when I thought it was just crazy dude, to me, crazy dude had an excuse, he was crazy... cops didn't have even one excuse in my honest opinion at the time...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:44 AM

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: nenothtu

sorry, here is what I meant by big red key.

Implements of that nature are referred to as "West Virginia Master Keys" around here, so the "key" part SHOULD have tipped me off!

I may be a bit off my game this morning - maybe I need more coffee!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:48 AM

originally posted by: Catacomb
So, if you two are admittedly not nice guys, and one of you has beaten people, and slit some throats....why should I care what happens to you?

I'd say it would depend on context. Pretty sure Nenothtu is prior service. You likely wouldn't like me, either, for the same reasons - I've done some really unsocial things to people and gotten attaboys for it. But they were still unsocial in the extreme.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Dang Neno, I'm so happy your both ok. Well, all 4 of you!
Just the fact that they "knew" George, and what he may do, then seeing you with a gun?
Wow. That could have ended so badly.

And regardless of what others think, I think it is really nice that you not only told us what happened, but talked about the why's and how's of behavior.
Thanks for that.

You're welcome - I'll think of it as my good deed for the day!

And there is NOTHING wrong with "Hillbilly, Redneck". I love the one I married!

Don't tell the City Folk - they stand in sheer awe of us and our insane ways! Well, us and the Mexicans, that is - we're seen about the same way in the outside world, I think.

You'll ruin the mystique!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:51 AM

You my friend need to join a local milita to combat these terrorists.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM

You really should get a small penlight, for a JIK moment anyways. I'm not a fan of flashlights myself, but I always have one on hand. They're a tool, just like a weapon. My light is the size of a pack of cigs and comes with a variable switch for red/blue/white and even IR LEDs. I haven't used it a lot, but it was handy to have when I did.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM

I'm not too fanatic any more, but paranoid fits pretty well.

Yeah, well....can't say I blame ya.

I live in yellow, perpetually. It often makes folks around me nervous, as I seem to be trying to see everything, all at once, and it makes them edgy because they can't quite put a finger on what it is I'm doing.

Sounds like you are describing me....
The ole lady is always saying that I am "scanning" the room/anyplace we might be...(I'll call her the "ole lady" for now, maybe she will come around and verify this/talk bad about me..HAHAHA
...she's a member here as well, though she lurks and doesn't

.....a "perpetual state of yellow" is just the way I wasn't "trained into me", I don't feel "paranoid"...I am just, alert.
Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Being as you are who you are, if you want to check out the veracity of the tale, I can U2U my cousin's real name to you, and you can cruise the papers for stories about him to verify that he exists and is un hombre malo to the locals.

Oh...I believe you. Veracity is not in question, to me. Being as you are who you are, I have no reason to doubt this story. ('d be harder for this to be "made up fiction" than what would seem "worth it" to me. meh, I'd go into more detail but will cut the posters that don't "know you" some slack...they might not associate you with your wife here...etc etc....)
....but if you so desire, I'd take a look-see, just for the hell of it.

No, it's not the guy who killed the Pizza Place people - that one was a real worm, and I do believe his run is done now. Another of my relatives was living with him when he did that, and it still creeps me out. Matter of fact, I can scan and send the story from last year to make it easier (out of the RNP - a little southeast of you, I believe), but I haven't looked for any arrest stories over this latest incident, so I dunno if it made the papers or not.

Yeah, that guy is a scum-bag pos [snip, snip, snip]....lowest of the low, to do what he did.
....his run IS done though.
....The "RNP", if you are speaking of what I think you are, IS my area. (Check U2U for more on this)

You know, I've got a "friend" that knew the guy that killed those people from HS....knew him when they were both a bit younger. To this day, he will claim that the guy didn't kill those people. Honestly, HE creeps me I recall them on a search for the knife last year (or a bit longer) after he (or someone) told RPD/TCSD, or maybe the state police where it was that he chucked it. (again, more U2U on that....don't want to become too "not so anonymous" and all that)

Seeing the light sweep the window, and then the guy at the corner, bumped it WAY up into a high Orange, and a yard full of armed men brought it to a flashing Red.

Oh, hell...I can imagine! I had a similar experience about 15 years ago. Not cops, but two guys trying to burglarize our home (I presume they thought no one was home)...jumped up and, silently as possibly in a smaller house, darted to the other end, where I could grab a weapon. ended up being myself and my mother, both cocked and locked. One of the two of them was attempting to unlock the front door, we took position behind an island in the center of the kitchen with a very clear line to the front door, both willing and ready to shoot if necessary.
.....I suppose she didn't want to shoot them, didn't want me to have to either I suppose. (I wasn't but 15 years old or so, at the time)....She loudly announces that we are there, loaded and ready to fire. As you can imagine, I believe they knew that forceful voice meant business. The attempts at the door, which had remained constant for a while....they stopped.

We give them a few seconds, she heads to the front door, I go out the back, which is onto a balcony with no porch. It's about 8-10 ft above ground level, in the back yard which goes down an increasingly steep hillside (they live atop a mountain)....I see two shadowy figures running off into the woods, high-tailin'
I yelled out at them (with all the young male bravado I could muster at the time...seeing as my mother's forceful voice was all it took to quail them) something about shooting them if they return...

Being young at the time, I was at the top of the "red level", even for a few hours after the fact. It was one of my first brushes with potential use of deadly force, against another human being. I was.....impacted, to say the least.

I've seen guys go into what I presume he is describing as "Black". Saw a guy freeze up in an ambush and stand at Port Arms like he was on a parade field or something, unfriendly buzzing noises all around him - he was just froze. If he hadn't been clotheslined into the mud, he'd have been a goner.

I've seen people do this as well. I believe I've been time. All the details would cause this post to be against T&C here, so I will spare them, but there was a time I was caught unarmed (I was much younger, not even legally able to carry at that point) and with a gun to my head. Point blank....staring down the barrel of a gun, held by a guy that was out of his mind on some [more T&C violation stuff] ......Though, I don't think I went "full black". Even then I was "making it work" (the adrenaline rush created by knowing that the slip of a finger could mean the instant lose of your life...and it ain't your finger!) for me. Talking the guy down, remaining "calm", rather...SEEMING calm. Doing what it took to back this guy off.
...obviously, it worked. Here I am. HA.
It was not fun.

I've seen guys go "full black" climbing ladders. I've worked extensively in the commercial roofing industry and I have seen more than one guy freeze completely up due to heights.
...had a guy have to be "saved" by the fire department one time. Obviously, the rest of us ended up finding it hilarious. Couldn't help it. The guy took a lot of slack after that, though he took it well...I have to say. Worked as a ground man for a long time, taking shmict after that. lol.

I'm just glad ya'll are alright and I'm not reading about a tragedy, on either/both ends of this one.
I take into account you saying that this was an honest mistake on their part as well, so....
....this is not always the case and these "no-knock" raids are getting good people killed.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Jakal26 because: hope the "ole lady" doesn't kill me for the mention here.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM

"And there is NOTHING wrong with "Hillbilly, Redneck". I love the one I married!"

Don't tell the City Folk - they stand in sheer awe of us and our insane ways! Well, us and the Mexicans, that is - we're seen about the same way in the outside world, I think.

You'll ruin the mystique!

HAHAHAHA....This cracked me up.
Ain't it the truth though...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, it's disgraceful how they do raids over there outside of day light hours. But that's the reality of it, so it does not make my observation any less relevant.

that it is! On that we can agree wholeheartedly, with double emphasis on "disgrace".

I spent many years living in the country, admittedly there's no bears here though, lol. But he clearly stated he was going outside with the intention of shooting a person, not a bear. Guns should only be used for hunting animals, not humans was kind of my point.

No offense, but there, I think that generally speaking, the most dangerous stuff is comparatively tiny - ya'll have some horrendous spiders and such! A gun won't usually do much good in those situations. Over here, country life is a bit different, in parts of the country. We have a few fairly large things that will try to eat you without having to go to a coast - although some of the coastal areas have their own special gator kind of charm!

Guns are meant for killing, period. that's what they were invented for. The gun does not care what it's pointed at, and cannot discern between a critter and a person. That would be the job of the operator. I spent a sometimes harrowing part of my life hunting people, who were, in turn, hunting ME. I know what a predator looks like, whether four-legged or two-legged, and will act accordingly when I see one.

Someone hiding around a corner of my house in the dark qualifies. I can be sure they are not there to sell me magazines.

Anyway,don't really care, I was just making an observation. Besides, how would I get my nightly dose of entertainment if there weren't all those US cop shows of police and crazy gun nuts trying to shoot each other up? No need to let my person opinion get in the way.

I have an Aussie friend, from some place called Albany. He claims to have been something called a "Territorial Ranger", or something like that. Whenever he went out, he went armed. Are ALL of your police-types "crazy gun nuts", or was he somehow special by going out armed?

But hey! Glad to have entertained you! Sorry I couldn't have made it more exciting for ya!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM

I have said before, publicly here at ATS, that anyone coming into my house unannounced is fair game, and I don't give a rat's ass WHO they claim to be AFTER the fact. I was called things like "keyboard warrior" for that sort of statement. That didn't bother me, because I know who and what I am, and how I will act or react, and they don't. There are cops tonight who can tell you that I say what I mean and I mean what I say, and when I said that, I meant it with all of my black little heart, so it's verifiable now.

Keyboard warrior now that has his ego a little enlarged sounds right, matters not if your story is real or fake.

Interesting non the less, it felt like I was watching a scene in a movie or good TV show.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
a reply to: MGaddafi

If you mean "these terrorists" as in the cops, as I said before... they did real good. It could have ended so much worse, but they did their job the way a cop should.

They didn't just react, they stopped, asked questions and listened to the answers... I would say they did exactly what cops are supposed to do, in such a situation.

I think this is something every cop should read... because this is how it can go right, when everything else goes wrong. The cops themselves had cause to be trying to take someone down, and that someone may have resisted arrest 100 different ways... but they were at the wrong house.

The man they were after had attempted murder to his credit, within the last year, and a record as long as your arm. They knew he was hallucinating, which means the guy was either off his meds or on drugs, and they knew he was armed. Trying to sneak up on him was, in their opinion, the smarter route to take.

My husband talked loudly, and clearly and without any (or with only little) anger. His first words, as I remember them, were hold on just one minute, (or something to that effect) prior to putting the gun down. He spoke very loud, and very clear so everyone could hear and make no mistakes...

But the cops did right, they listened, and didn't simply react to there being a gun. I wouldn't call the men who came to our house that night terrorists. There are bad guys in this world.. this is why we have cops in the first place. And in my opinion, they did good that night too.

I could have lost my husband that night, and honestly, if I had, it would not have been the police I laid the blame on... but the crazy guy himself. I'm still not over being pissed off at him for putting us all in danger.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Nah someone called about him running around armed and hallucinating, that is why they came; remember the faulty directions, that means someone called them, and someone gave directions. They said they had papers on him, but what that means is anyone's guess. Might have been a probation/parole violation in regards the past attempted murder, I'd say being armed and hallucinating might have been the only real reason they came out, and a violation in and of itself, since they let him out of jail the same night.

Being armed period would have been a parole violation, of itself, if that's what the paper was for.

Hallucinations are optional!

edit on 2014/10/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM

He's been involved in the occasional throat-cutting, beatings here and there, and so on.

Involved in the occasional throat cutting?

WTF.... either he occasionally gets his throat cut, which would mean he is wolverine.... OR he is occasionally cutting peoples throats, which leads me to ask.... wasnt a clash with the law inevitable?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
a reply to: Jakal26

I do think with no-knocks they need some revising of them, firstly, they need to be more than just a little certain they are at the right house.

Here, there are three houses up this road on this side of the holler. The directions they were given was the second to the last house.

They didn't see the last house, they only saw two houses. The third, and probably the ones who called the cops in the first place, had every single light off, even their outside shed lights, which is something they never do. Therefore, the cops never saw their house.

So... the cops were told the second to the last house, yet they only saw two houses. At that point they must have played eni meni miney moe because all they did at that point was guess...

I don't think we should catch tigers by their toes to determine the house we might like to raid... I think they should have something much firmer to go on than that...

This here is part of the no knock problem... most people who get injured or killed get so, because the cops went to the wrong location...
edit on 22-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM

originally posted by: butcherguy
I grew up in 1960's Appalachia, where I could be in WV, PA or MD in a matter of 20 minutes. We did have a Mayberry situation. There were two traffic lights in the entire county and they were one block away from each other in the county seat. There was one cop in the Borough police force of the county seat, and a state police officer on patrol in the other 434 square miles.
If someone had mentioned a 'SWAT Team' to me when I was a kid, I would have thought they were talking about a couple of kids with flyswatters.
ETA: It is still the only county in PA where cows outnumber people.

I came here around 1974. At that time, the county seat had 3 police officers, one of whom was Chief. The state average for troopers was one per every 20 miles of interstate highway, so your local quota usually depended upon how many miles of interstate you had - we had none. Two troopers lived IN the county seat, but only one of those was patrol (the other was undercover narcotics), and neither spent much time at home, and none of their time there working.

That left county deputies. We had several - I don't know how many - but out in the boonies where I was, I only saw them about twice a year on average, and then they were just driving through on their way to somewhere else. An encounter would last perhaps 30 seconds - until they were out of sight around the next bend in the gravel road.

"SWAT" was an action show on TV that everyone knew wasn't real.

Still, it wasn't exactly Mayberry. All of our police - what ones we had - carried guns. All of them had all 6 bullets. In the chamber, not a pocket.

Yeah, they still carried revolvers back then....
not an M-16 or a ceramic vest in the lot of them, and NO cammies! They were, for all that, terrifying when one happened by and said "C'mere, son - what are you doing out at 2 in the morning?" "Walking home" was an acceptable answer - but I couldn't finagle a ride to save me!

edit on 2014/10/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
This is an example of why someone came up with the idea of placing unique numbers on houses or mailboxes. That number can be used to identify each house. It does assume a simple understand of numerical digits.

Of course we have seen even this system can't stop assaults on the wrong location. I do wonder since 12 year old paper boys seemed to be able to master it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM

originally posted by: nenothtu

To be perfectly fair, I'm not a nice guy, either - but I never have been. No alterations necessary.

Live by the sword, die by the sword!

What goes around comes around!

edit on 22-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM

originally posted by: MGaddafi

You my friend need to join a local milita to combat these terrorists.

I investigated local militias in my younger days, but most, at least at that time, were just harmless posers. After the Cliven Bundy debacle, and the circus the militias engendered during that affair, I swore off militias for good. There's one, not too far from here, that wanted me to come up and help out with their security, that seemed a pretty put together bunch, but I considered that I'm too long in the tooth and too short in the breath to be much practical use any more, so I didn't. I'd rather be AWOL than a millstone.

Besides, over time I've found that I'd rather just have to worry about myself when it gets deep, rather than having to keep track of everyone else on the team, and worry over looking out for them, too. Some folks, the more uncharitable kind, like DHS, call that "Lone Wolf" like it's a BAD thing or something, but I prefer to think of it more along the lines of "Scout".

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
a reply to: roadgravel

The mailboxes here are not on the houses, they are by the road. Sure, the houses could have numbers, but when no one comes to your house that doesn't know you... its not really something you much think about.

And you are correct, they have been at the wrong houses even in cities that have house numbers... so having a number isn't going to mean they will go to the correct place even still.

But I do think going to the correct location should be important to them. In our case, they could have called the people back who called them in the first place, and asked for some sort of clarification when they only saw two houses, one on the right and one on the left... that is what they saw and neither house then would have been "the second to the last one" ... they needed more to go on, and should have followed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>