It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18568117]Domo1[/post

I am the birth control nazi. I say hand it out like it's candy on Halloween. Make safer, better, and more affordable birth control for everybody out there!!!

It's very ironic that the US has a very low birth rate ...yet at the same time almost 50% of pregnancies are unplanned. hmmm...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: jinni73

This is the conundrum will we tilt towards self suficiency with our own fusion reactors,hydroponics or aquaculture set ups,skyskrapers with massive gardens and self sufficiency technology are now being built in Asia ,we have desalination so we wont run out of water the technology to feed all exists....or will we,perhaps become totally dependant on large corporations for food,water,power

i like the way you think....we have the technology and the resources to house a much larger population on this earth than we have now....the problem lies in one simple word....and that would be "greed"...we are so far from working together as a species...the way we currently are going about it ...depopulation is the only viable solution...

i really think this description of humans in our current way of thinking from the matrix quite accurate

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
already on it..

Since the underdeveloped parts of the world are contributing most to global population growth it would seem that efforts to improve living conditions in those regions would be the most effective means of reducing global population growth.

20 Mar 2012 ... Pythagoras Solar develops windows with built-in solar panels, that increase energy ... Israeli Company Brings Light To Third World Countries .... To Seek Venture Capital Advice From Yozma Group ... a series of Yozma funds, and we plan to share such experience to help Korea become blah blah blah ...
source

i especially liked the co. name "pythagoras"
...wonder if they're located at a 555 street address too?
corporate numerology.mp3
(somewhere at this website)
or try nwoexposed.podOmatic.com...

edit on 22-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: puppies!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
that's what they want you to think

if you watch MIB again
you'll hear agent K refer to human thought as 'an infectious disease'

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I have to say that in general i agree with what you say . However i would like to ask one thing . You state we are generations away from reaching the point of sustainability . Would it not be wise to stabilise now or in the very near future . That way we all could have enough to live without worrying if we are stepping over the edge (food and resource wise) . Maybe put a little away for a rainy day , or no rainy days if global warming pans out the wrong way . Yes i believe in global warming . But i digress . Now i can see 2 reasons why this wont happen and you mentioned them both ,government and business . But .If we go to the brink or over will the people rise up . We love our (generally speaking) easy way of life in the first world countries . If this was to be taken away ????? .

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

So what happens after this utopian society where people just pop out all kinds of kids they don't want or didn't expect?
Are people free to breed irresponsibly? Or do we just keep building chicken coups ...stacks of apartments and hope for Star Trek to come to reality?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
soon we will be so poor we won't be able to have a kid even if we wanted to, that should fix things.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13

So what happens after this utopian society where people just pop out all kinds of kids they don't want or didn't expect?
Are people free to breed irresponsibly? Or do we just keep building chicken coups ...stacks of apartments and hope for Star Trek to come to reality?

wtf has a star trek society got to do with anything or is it you are thinking of the replicator ?....

we as a species need to have a complete overhaul of the way we think......we either learn to work together as a species or we fail...it really is that simple

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
You have it backwards. The more poor people are, the more children they tend to bear.

Strange but true.

edit on 10/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

There will still be a need for responsible breeding even in the best of resourcing. Especially in an age where you can prolong life.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13
Extended lifespans are more likely to result in a further decrease in birthrates.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hmmmm.
Not because they wait too long?
edit on 22-10-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
doesn't that have more to do with level of education than poverty?
in under educated communities/countries, people have more children per household.
the reason why i think this is because i lived most of my life in italy, and the birth rates have been dropping dramatically as a result of the economic problems people are having. young couples cannot afford to maintain children, but they are educated enough to know not to go and have them anyways.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13
That's a bit on the selfish side but I have a daughter so I do understand the sentiment. I doubt I'll make it to the great stage but I do hope to make grand.

In any case, if she makes it to 200 years old, she'll have a passel of descendants around her, without increasing the population. Two parents, two kids. It's a simple equation that results in zero population growth.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13

There will still be a need for responsible breeding even in the best of resourcing. Especially in an age where you can prolong life.

That's another problem we're facing. People live longer. They require care, resources and $. I am happy people are living longer, but at some point that's going to catch up too. Look to Social Security.

We want to prolong life, obviously, but if we do, that's an even greater impact on global population than just increased numbers of people having the same number of kids. It's a snowball effect. Considering the fact that we can't treat everyone medically, feed everyone or even supply water where it's needed I think that increasing the numbers of the global population is only going to put us in more dire straits.

The growth rate is very disturbing, and even more so is our apparent inability as a species to keep up. My fear is that one day we will have to fight global conflicts over food and water. No one should be suffering from droughts or famine, but people are. Now double the number of people and the death rate and rate of suffering doubles as well.

I'm not saying that with new technologies and advances in agriculture we won't be able to sustain a larger Earth population, but as it stands we are doing a very crappy job.

Controlling population growth is vital to our existence, and our way of life. Look to nature. You can't have 10 plants all vying for nutrients and water and expect them all to survive. You can't even expect any to thrive. They all suffer.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's another problem we're facing. People live longer. They require care, resources and $. I am happy people are living longer, but at some point that's going to catch up too.

this is why i say a new way of thinking is needed....i will use my father as an example....he made a huge amount of money in his lifetime.....he is now in aged care...costing around 250 000 pounds a year....he recognizes no-one,he doesn't leave his room,he literally sits there and dribbles all day long...he is 85....now where do we draw the line....he can afford to be there,he worked hard his whole working life to get to that position....i would go as far to say if anyone in my family wanted to put him out of his misery we would end up in a court battle with the home he is in...they are making a fortune out of it...

the greed in this society is what will kill us all....where do we draw the line ?...i really dont know how to deal with this...it breaks my heart my dad is existing like this....it breaks my heart knowing he will not be alive much longer....the reality is he should have been allowed top pass away along time ago....but since money rules...any type of sense goes out the window.....

reminds me of a Metallica song

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think, more often than not, when people speak of depopulation they are referring to what amounts to genocide, not depopulation in the sense of responsible family planning

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82
Genocide does not control population. Its purpose is to remove a particular group.

But it is often proclaimed as a goal when the idea of population control is raised. It is not. Population control is about reducing popluation growth and the only way to do that is by reducing birth rates.

edit on 10/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Let's put everything else aside.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

The hardest thing I've ever been through was taking care of my father while he was slipping away. Screw the rest of the thread, if you want to talk don't hesitate to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Is anyone going to have MORE children just because the government thinks you should have less? Now that's a wild sentiment.
edit on 22-10-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join