It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audience Laughs at Democrat Senator Shaheen for Ducking Question on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Another humorous attempt to dodge the Big "O" during a campaign debate.

New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) was asked the magic question if she "approved of the job President Obama is doing".

The moderator stressed that this is a "Yes or NO" question.

She deflects with a "neutral" answer and the audience laughs out loud

These neutral answers must be a major directive from the Central Committee or something.

Good luck in the election Senator !!!

Senator Jeanne Shaheen is being challenged by former Senator Scott Brown.

I imagine She used some other deflections and tangents during the debate as well.

Sen Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) was laughed at by the audience at the New Hampshire Senate Debate on Tuesday when she would not give a clear answer on whether she approved of the job President Obama is doing.

When asked to give a simple, yes or no response to a hypothetical pollster asking, “do you approve of the job President Obama is doing?” Shaheen responded, “in some ways I approve, and some things I don't approve,” a line that caused the audience to start laughing. She continued “like most questions that we deal with as policymakers there aren’t simple answers, yes or no.”

Audience Laughs at Shaheen for Ducking Question on Obama

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Being laughed at isn't so much a problem for anyone

But being laughed at by your own Democratic constituents over Obama has got to be an awkward moment to say the least

How long are these Dem. politicians going to ignore that there is a real disconnect problem with Obama and his people, being Dems that is --[no need to throw Rep. in there, we know where they stand]

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

AKA NM156 Nice find. They all have futures in dodgeball and wrestling don't they? I especially liked the the way the senator talked down to her as to say" How dare you slave ,bow to the crown HUMM YES"

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
She gave a reasonable answer, there are some things Obama is doing that she approves of and some that she doesn't. I'd have a similar answer, because it's not really a yes or no question. The people laughing may have been Scott Brown supporters.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i dont really understand why they are laughing....this is really not a yes or no question...
It would have been stupid for her to answer with yes or no..

Idiocracy..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

They are laughing because ALL politicians are shifty bastards who dodge direct questions. No one expected her to answer directly. In fact, the only thing you can count on from politicians is that they lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Remember during the 2008 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign when Shaheen's husband tried to smear Obama with a co caine charge? So she's probably not originally a big Obama supporter. Politics make strange bedfellows, as the spider said to the fly.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have to agree with the good senator from New Hampshire. I disapprove of what the President has done while he was in office, but I approve whenever he takes a vacation. It's worth the taxpayer money to not have him in DC actively taking away more American rights and liberties.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
She was just following Obama's orders; just saying what she needs to get elected:

"This isn't about my feelings being hurt," Obama told the Rev. Al Sharpton on MSNBC.
"These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me, and I tell them, 'you know what, you do what you need to do to win. I will be responsible for making sure that our voters turn out.'"

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
She gave a reasonable answer, there are some things Obama is doing that she approves of and some that she doesn't. I'd have a similar answer, because it's not really a yes or no question. The people laughing may have been Scott Brown supporters.

No, she did not. The question was overall, do you approve. Some things she likes, some she doesn't, that all goes into the decision, ultimately Obama is either doing a good job overall or he is not.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Are conservatives so pathetic they must use progressive logic? What she said is 100% correct if we continue to go after the messenger instead of the message none of this matters.

Progressives always make it about the messenger and not the message for a reason you can bash the message and the messenger will fall with it. She said she agrees with some things and not with others this is the way we should all look at things instead of blindly following. Also the audience was not laughing at her and if you think otherwise you might want see it without tainted glasses.

Am I right.............YES or NO.

top topics

join