It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's PAC is a scam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
SarahPAC, Like Palin Herself, Light on Donations to Fellow Republicans

The involvement of immediate family members in a drunken brawl does little to boost one’s political prospects.

On a different level, the same might be said of a stingy leadership PAC.

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s SarahPAC continued to perform underwhelmingly as a source of funds for other candidates in 2014′s third quarter, a report filed with the FEC this week showed. Out of $1.4 million the PAC had available in the third quarter — $978,000 sitting in the bank at the beginning of the July 1-Sept. 30 period, plus another more than $433,000 raised during that time — SarahPAC managed to donate just $45,000 to fellow Republicans running in the midterms. That’s a little more than 3 percent.

That's amazing but not really surprising. Most of us are already aware of what a fraud Sarah Palin is and now the world does too. She's been doing this for years so if you or someone you know is giving money to this PAC just be aware that less than 5% of all donations actually go to candidates.

Don't send money to SarahPAC, it literally a waste. But you guys know that, right?

But the PAC’s meager record on supporting other candidates may simply be a reflection of Palin’s own penchant for keeping her checkbook closed when it comes to political appeals. The former governor has made only two contributions at the federal level, both of them a decade ago and adding up to a grand total of $628.

edit on 21-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Of course we know. We know all politicians aren't to be trusted regardless of party or who's looking favorable in the media.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You'd be surprised how many people know that but still cling to parties/politicians, especially here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's frightening. Two party politics is one of the greatest tactics when it comes to divide and conquer.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Maybe there hasn't been a candidate from the republicans worth funding/supporting.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think this thread would have been better served if it were move about political PACs as a whole; From Open Secrets, it seems that in 2014, $1.4 billion was raised by all political action committees and only $354 million was actually applied to candidates. That is an overall rate of 25%.

Some do better and others worse in funneling money to specific candidates. I would have to go through the daunting list but I am sure that SarahPAC isn't the only 'offender'. It should also be noted that their sole purpose isn't to just send money to candidates. It could be for mailers, their own ads, etc, etc. Not just to support any candidate. Not defending there, just stating what a PAC actually is.

Here is the breakdown of SarahPAC incase anyone wanted to verify the whole story....
SarahPAC expenditures
edit on 21-10-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

True, but I had to put the spot light on Sarah's recent greediness.

More from OpenSecrets, Dark Money From Congressional Races Rapidly Growing.

Dark money increasing at such a high rate certainly deserves its own thread! Money needs to be toned down in politics. If it doesn't this world will continue to grow darker.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

ZING!!

You got that right!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Thank you very much. Your information was broad enough to show some context and enabled comparisons. That should have been the start of the conversation.

I am greatly reassured to discover that the National Beer Wholesalers Assn. has donated more than the Koch brothers. If the Republicans have the Beer Wholesalers, they're all right with me.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I will never send money to a politician, ever

There are other ways that my money can be well spent:

**Hungry kids, homeless people, cancer foundations, MADD, Women Shelters, Wounded Warriors, etc, etc....**

Nope--nothing for political groups
Only groups that actually appreciate the donation and mean something to me

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

In this case, if you did support a politician you'd be better off just sending them money instead of a PAC.

But you're right, there are much better avenues to spend your money on if you want it to make a real impact. Spend money on a PAC or on a cure for cancer?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Should note that "dark money" sounds ominous if one doesn't research or read the link you provided. So called "dark money", if one wants to know, is money spent and reported to the FEC but the donor's are undisclosed. "Dark Money" rings almost as if it were some deep black-market of political action slush funds -- its not; those are mostly within the bureaucratic confines of our most esteemed institutions of the Federal Government.
edit on 21-10-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
All of the extra money is being used to feed Pac-Man. Those dots aren't cheap.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I have given material support to a politician once.... Breath mints and toilet paper. Not sure if he caught the meaning with the crap he was spewing.

Leadership PACs are a strange beast. Campaign donations cannot be used for personal expenses, but money from leadership PACs can if it somewhat relates to the job like clothing, meals while away from home, to purchase gifts for quasi events. Basically it is a second income by donation.

Look around on YouTube for a good video about it. Harry Reid's granddaughter made some serious bank for making handcrafted gifts for grandpa to give out to high dollar contributers.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Well, considering she used some of her campaign funds to purchase her wardrobe when she ran with McCain, I wouldn't be surprised if she's using part of it again for personal use. She has no credibility and is totally incompetent. She's all about being in the lime light and making money from her books (probably picture books)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Maybe there hasn't been a candidate from the republicans worth funding/supporting.

Maybe she uses the PAC funds to cover the "costs" of traveling around to speaking engagements and appearing on television/radio. Not to mention the fact that she can reimburse herself for the work she does for the PAC.

This is exactly as the OP claims.....a scam and a slick way of allowing the political elite a way to fund their lifestyles without getting a real job. Of course, she's not the only one that does this.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Must be nice to be crooked but have rich people give you money. I would imagine PACs are a loophole riddled piece of work.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Must be nice to be crooked but have rich people give you money. I would imagine PACs are a loophole riddled piece of work.

They are. PAC's are just a convenient way to move money around to benefit politicians, but have very little accountability as to how it's spent.

Their only defense to their unethical actions are based on the freedom of speech. But that defense is intellectually dishonest and a cop-out because otherwise....there is no defense.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

*laughing*

As I was told repeatedly in another thread, "Tough. It's the law. Don't like it? Change the law."

I guess no-one can be 100% happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join