It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Scientology goons ambush former 2nd in command, they be nuts y´all.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
SO I saw this video on a fail site like a good ATSer. LOL

Its about a former Scientology member ( Mark Rathbun) being harassed by 3 goons from the business organization that is Scientology. It got me thinking. I have heard of stories like this since as long as I can remember from former Scientology people. I have even read of some from a member here which I cant seem to find now telling about his dealings with these psychopaths. Is there anyone here now that has been a member of this scam and wants to shed some light on how usual this is if at all? Is it just a case of the microscope becoming the telescope or is it really this bad for ex members?

Here is the vid.

On Sunday evening, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, formerly the second-highest ranking official in the Church of Scientology, posted a bizarre 2-minute video to his blog, a video he had taken earlier in the day while he was waiting at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight back to his home in Texas.
Marty wouldn’t say why he was in LA, but he characterized the meeting with three church executives in the terminal as an “ambush.”

He filmed a couple of minutes of the encounter as Marc Yager, Jenny Linson DeVocht, and Dave Bloomberg took turns telling Rathbun that he was “pathetic” and an “embarrassment” while Bloomberg filmed the fracas.

Rathbun says he assumes the Scientologists will say, if they’re asked, that it was a random encounter in a busy airport. “But there was only one carry-on bag for the three of them,” Marty points out. And the way they moved — with Bloomberg filming them while Yager and DeVocht took turns telling Marty off, pointed to some coordination.

tonyortega.org...

EDIT TO ADD:
Here is another little video

and this these

EDIT TO ADD:
Yeah there is plenty of stuff available , this is very much the extreme. Never mind
edit on 10 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

He should have just yelled back here these are perfect examples of Scientologist and probably threw in a couple of Tom Cruise jabs to get them really going.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Shame on Mr. Rathbun...

He's missing out on SO much fun.

Just in case someone is interested in the kind of fun we're talking about here, Google some of the terms below:

Scientology's concentration camps

Scientology PRISON CAMPS

Scientology TORTURE

Scientology's secret prison

Scientology forced child labor camps

Scientology's 'Hole'

Scientology calls them REHABILITATION PROJECT FORCE Camps (or RPF's).

The NAZI's called them Concentration Camps.
To the SOVIETS they were Gulags.
And in CHINA they are Camps for Re-Education.
They're all the same thing.
Places designed to BREAK THE SPIRIT and the BODY of their "Criminal" Inmates.

So, who ends up in the RPF?
1. People deemed to have hidden evil intentions (detected by the E-meter).
2. People who were unproductive and scored poorly on the personality test.
3. Repeated "stat crashers" (people who were held responsible for declines in Scientology organizations' productivity)
4. "Overt product makers" (people who produced poor-quality work).
5. People who spoke against any member of the church or church activity (declared a Suppressive Person).

In the RPF you are held AGAINST YOUR WILL for months or even years. There is no release until you are declared "REDEEMED". If you are committed to an RPF late in your life, you might just die there (and be CREMATED before your family are informed of your death).
You will UNDERGO HARD LABOUR to- and beyond -- exhaustion. YOU HAVE TO RUN EVERYWHERE (WHILST CARRYING HEAVY WEIGHTS). You will be ordered to perform BIZARRE PHYSICAL TASKS, such as carrying buckets filled with sand up and down a ladder. You wear a PRISON UNIFORM to identify you as a CRIMINAL and to DEMEAN YOU. In the RPF you are FORBIDDEN ANY CONTACT WITH YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN. In addition, whilst in the RPF, you are YOU ARE BILLED FOR EVERY SINGLE DAY YOU SPEND IN INCARCERATION AND FOR EVERY COURSE OF TREATMENT YOU RECEIVE.

These facts were confirmed in an investigative article in the LOS ANGELES TIMES ("In interviews and public records, former staff and inmates have said they were alienated from society, stripped of familiar beliefs, punished for aberrant behaviour, rewarded for conformity (brain-washing), and worked beyond exhaustion."

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Never been a member, but I lived in Clearwater and know quite a few. I'm glad Marty is out, but he caused a LOT of grief amongst the members himself and had no compunction being a big fat liar, spin doctor, and shill for years. Yes, they can be vicious.

Marty was making amends last I heard and helping other wounded and disenfranchised members, so that's good. They need a support system because of all the damage done them.

The everyday members are generally good folk and have no idea that their "leadership" seem to have no moral compass.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
These are the types of tactics these delusional people use. They manipulate their members, basically what we would term "brainwashing." Some time ago I devoted quite a bit of time to researching their methods, as I wanted to understand what could possess so many people to join their cult. And it is a cult. What I concluded was that they play to a person's weaknesses. If you can convince someone that they have a problem, and that you or your group is the only one who can help them, it does not take much imagination to see where that will lead. And it appears that they slowly lure you in. What I mean is that your attitude changes the longer you are a part of the cult.

Once they've got their hooks in you they start amplifying their manipulations, and it appears that they actually do the opposite of what they claim to do. They make claims like they will help you work out your psychological issues, or any other issues, but they actually psychologically manipulate you into needing them. That is what I have been able to gather anyway. As far as their retaliation tactics are concerned, they are vicious, and they are not the type of people I would ever wish to associate with. I mean you watch videos like this, and you realize that take part in such actions you have to be a horrible human being. Some of these people are probably not horrible human beings, but they've been manipulated into being horrible human beings because they think they are doing the right thing. When one thinks they have right on their side they can perform the most heinous acts. Take religious extremists, groups like ISIS. They believe wholeheartedly that their religion wants them to kill non-believers, and that is why they do it without the slightest hesitation, when any ordinary person would see their actions and find them more than detestable. This is why it is so important to not let any group with the slightest tendencies towards violence or manipulation even gain a foothold, because their psychotic ideas will eventually lead to them persecuting others in some way, if that group can gain a foothold. If they gain the majority outright, that is when things get really bad. Can you imagine a country run by scientology? What about a country run by ISIS?

So violent acts and acts of this nature perpetrated by scientology are performed by the same types of people, or they have the same type of mindsets at the very least. It appears that anyone who leaves the group will be harassed in this manner. Some people who have left the cult have exposed the tactics that are used. What they are attempting to accomplish with these tactics is to get the subject riled up to such a point that they react. That is why they carry so many cameras. They want to get you reacting on film, and they will use it to either blackmail you, or will use it for propaganda purposes. This has all been claimed, and much of it proven, by those who have been directly involved in these activities. I find it preposterous that this group is given a religious pass in certain countries. Some countries have too much common sense to ever let scientology obtain religious freedoms, because it is not a religion. Unless you want to define religion as pure fantasy. The ideas that their religion is based on was never presented as a religion, because it was science fiction written by a science fiction writer. Most people are too intelligent to fall for its guise, but again, the main reason they've achieved so much success is because they are actively manipulating people to joining them.
edit on 10/21/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/21/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
" You dont get rich writing science fiction,if you want to get rich start a religion ".L Ron Hubbard 1948

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

LMAO!!

Guys with Cameras on their heads, and people picketing with ridiculous signs

That's intimidating?

I think its hilarious!!

These people should have figured out Scientology was a scam as soon as they asked for money...

Everyone with half a brain should walk into one of their "churches" and take a look around...

IF you're dumb enough to buy into it, you deserve what you get...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

He should have just yelled back here these are perfect examples of Scientologist and probably threw in a couple of Tom Cruise jabs to get them really going.

What a joke.

And if he threw in the word "Cult" he would've had them foaming at the mouth...

I see that Mr Rathburn "is now an independent Scientologist"... What does that even mean?
"providing counselling and auditing services for other Scientologists who have cut their ties with the Church of Scientology" - so you got out of the cult, but you're still in the cult? Guess I'll never understand these things...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
SO I saw this video on a fail site like a good ATSer. LOL

Its about a former Scientology member ( Mark Rathbun) being harassed by 3 goons from the business organization that is Scientology. It got me thinking. I have heard of stories like this since as long as I can remember from former Scientology people. I have even read of some from a member here which I cant seem to find now telling about his dealings with these psychopaths. Is there anyone here now that has been a member of this scam and wants to shed some light on how usual this is if at all? Is it just a case of the microscope becoming the telescope or is it really this bad for ex members?

Here is the vid.

On Sunday evening, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, formerly the second-highest ranking official in the Church of Scientology, posted a bizarre 2-minute video to his blog, a video he had taken earlier in the day while he was waiting at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight back to his home in Texas.
Marty wouldn’t say why he was in LA, but he characterized the meeting with three church executives in the terminal as an “ambush.”

He filmed a couple of minutes of the encounter as Marc Yager, Jenny Linson DeVocht, and Dave Bloomberg took turns telling Rathbun that he was “pathetic” and an “embarrassment” while Bloomberg filmed the fracas.

Rathbun says he assumes the Scientologists will say, if they’re asked, that it was a random encounter in a busy airport. “But there was only one carry-on bag for the three of them,” Marty points out. And the way they moved — with Bloomberg filming them while Yager and DeVocht took turns telling Marty off, pointed to some coordination.

tonyortega.org...

EDIT TO ADD:
Here is another little video

and this these

EDIT TO ADD:
Yeah there is plenty of stuff available , this is very much the extreme. Never mind

From what I hear they did stuff like this to Nicole Kidman when she first got out, up to, and including bugging her Australian home. They can be very insane people. No wonder Katie Holmes got out the way she did by quite literally surprising Tom Cruise with a See Ya Wouldn't Want To Be Ya divorce. Apparently they were starting to do their "suppressive" crap on Suri, where you admit all your "wrongs" to be held against you for the rest of your life. She didn't want that for her so she got out and got Suri out. From what I hear Nicole and Tom's adoptive daughter has had enough and got out (Isabelle), and it would seem Connor may be jumping ship as well. (I'm in the doc office a lot and get bored. They get People magazine.) I take it with a MASSIVE grain of salt, so how true, I really don't know, but if they are getting out, I wish them the best because Scientologists HATE those that jump ship and will go after you. If, and major IF, Connor and Isabelle, along with Suri, have jumped ship, makes you wonder how much longer Tom can hold out unless that have some major blackmail on him.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

An independent Scientologist, as I understand it, is a fan of Ron Hubbard's books and techniques, mainly from the 1950s, and may or may not work with others. I know one fellow who couldn't think, do, or talk about anything else besides his auditing with an ex-scientologist, and his own self-auditing. He may need (haven't talked to him in a couple of years) to get out more.

Hubbard's mid-1950s work consists of fantastic data and great techniques. He was able to put eastern discoveries and know-how into western language, and then build workable techniques around it. Yet this body of applied knowledge is often misrepresented in the media, and the present caretakers often don't do a very good job of getting a handle on the internal and external criticism (hence the popularity of 'independent scientologists').

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
As a teen in the early 70s I once visited Scientology's facility in NW Washington DC to listen to a presentation about L Ron Hubbard. I was (still am) a SciFi buff so I thought it would be cool to see first hand. My 1st mistake was going there, 2nd was giving them a little personal info such as my phone number. They called repeatedly over the next several years trying to get me to visit again. I didn't stop hearing from them until I had moved out of my folks house & my folks didn't stop hearing from the telemarketers called Scientology until years later when they finally moved. It was clear to me on the one visit the Scientologists were more interested in my money than anything else.

My brother in law got in with that group later on in California & he spent a small fortune on auditing. He's out of it now but still thinks it helped him. When his wife (who he met in Scientology) got breast cancer the "Church" basically dropped the ball & did not help them in any way. She died partially as a result (I think) of the treatments the "Church" recommended.

My wife's cousin is full blown in the deal even lives in one of their communities on a street called L Ron Hubbard way.

In summary I would say Scientology is a business that at it's core is scamming people out of money in return for empty promises.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
With all the proof out there of their labor camps and their illegal witch hunts against those that speak out against them, I don't see how scientology hasn't been shut down in America like they have in some countries. I'm waiting for the day when these goons come up against someone that can take them down physically or from a structural standpoint. Makes one with that the Punisher was a real person.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
These are the types of tactics these delusional people use. They manipulate their members, basically what we would term "brainwashing." Some time ago I devoted quite a bit of time to researching their methods, as I wanted to understand what could possess so many people to join their cult. And it is a cult. What I concluded was that they play to a person's weaknesses. If you can convince someone that they have a problem, and that you or your group is the only one who can help them, it does not take much imagination to see where that will lead. And it appears that they slowly lure you in. What I mean is that your attitude changes the longer you are a part of the cult.

Once they've got their hooks in you they start amplifying their manipulations, and it appears that they actually do the opposite of what they claim to do. They make claims like they will help you work out your psychological issues, or any other issues, but they actually psychologically manipulate you into needing them. That is what I have been able to gather anyway.

You just described every religion. Ever.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Finn1916

Operation Snow White

Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries.[1] It was the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This operation also exposed the Scientology plot 'Operation Freakout', because Operation Snow White was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.[3]

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty or were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. The case was United States v. Mary Sue Hubbard et al., 493 F.Supp. 209 (D.D.C. 1979).[4][5][6][7]

They don't give a s# who you are, and have no compunctions doing whatever it takes to get their will across. Even if you are the government.

Effect of the scandal

See also: Scientology in Canada

The Church has been reluctant to discuss the operation's details; typical statements by members and operatives are often vague comments saying that the Guardian's Office (GO) had been "infiltrated" and "set up" to fail in its mission to protect the Church, that those involved were "purged" from the Church, without detailing what actually happened (although it has been suggested many of those involved and "purged" remained in important positions of power within the church).[67] Church spokespersons on the Internet and elsewhere have been known to claim that the operatives "had done nothing more serious than steal photocopier paper."[68]

In 2009, Church of Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis said that the jailed members of Guardians Org were declared "suppressive people" (aka "SPs") by the Church of Scientology and had to undergo rehabilitation in order to resume their upper level training in the church.[69]

Operation Snow White extended to Canada and resulted in legal proceedings against the Church.[70]

They got away with it too.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It got me thinking. I have heard of stories like this since as long as I can remember from former Scientology people. I have even read of some from a member here which I cant seem to find now telling about his dealings with these psychopaths.

Maybe you were thinking of this one? Scientology People

If you haven't it already, YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!

LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Nothing more then rabid creatures that will turn on each other for scraps.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The lady in that first video seriously looks like she was on some sort of heavy narcotics. Look at her eyes....gross.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Have any of the critics here ever read or used any of Hubbard's better material? I'm not asking about the Scientology organization, I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot thetan. I mean the material from the 1950s.

Want to improve your life? Get Hubbard's "Self-Analysis", a book my main teacher self-used for hundreds of hours when he hung out with Hubbard during the mid-'50s. The book guides people into pulling up their happiest memories, and most useful memories, from childhood. The more time you put in on it, and I haven't put in lots of time personally, apparently the better. Then you have his 'Phoenix Lectures', quite remarkable, and 'The Creation of Human Ability', another gem.

And remember, you don't have to join Scientology, and I'd recommend against it unless you're rich (one fellow I communicated with while he lived in the desert had picked up an inheritance of several hundred thousand dollars, joined Scientology, they gave him auditing until his money was gone, then left him on his own. He was quite conscious, but living in a trailer in the desert.) Give Scientology an inch and they take a mile (literally, lol), and if you get on their address list, be prepared for treeloads of mail. Hubbard pretty much gave up on the organization years before he died, and became a hermit in his mansion on a ranch in California. But in his heyday, in the mid-1950s, the man shared important information with the world.

I wish, I wish, upon a star (Tom Cruise?), that Scientology as an organization would grow up. The weird public-attack videos in this thread showing the harassment of people (even if they are considered enemies) will hopefully look like insanity to the Scientology organization in fifty years. They should do a 'Catholic Church' thing and apologize, make amends to the people they've hurt, admit their 'overts', and make an attempt to really communicate their good points to the public. They need strong people who are members of their organization to stand up and demand change. The ones who do want to grow past a certain point apparently leave, with many of them then taking the independent Scientologist route.

Full disclosure: I may not know what I'm talking about, never being in Scientology or meeting many of them. Of the ones I have some of them were clearly one-track minded disturbed, and some were very conscious ( one woman I passed in a mall had an immense output of good energy and it turned out she was publicizing one of their literacy programs - they have a very good literacy program - and was one of the most sane people I've ever met). I'm willing to bet that lots of them have a great deal of fun with each other. The best of Scientology should be the public and private face of Scientology. The harassing of their critics, as shown in the videos, is so below the best they have to offer that I'm surprised the good ones (Tom Cruise?) allow it to continue.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I was involved in Scientology in the '70s, at Celebrity Center in LA. There WAS some good information on thought organization, projecting and planning in order achieve personal goals. But I find Dianetics to be quite the rabbit hole, that by design, nobody can actually finish.

I left because of their forceful manipulation and interference in my personal life, and moved to Maui, a place chosen mostly because there was NO Scientology Org there.

A few years ago, after moving to San Diego, they came knocking at my door. Got my address through voting records they said. They came for my original Scientology books. Seems that they found mistakes in the "tech", and wanted to recall my books. They said that they technically own them, copy write wise, and that they had the right to confiscate them. They explained, I could then buy the new books again, at a discount of course, that David Miscaviage and his minions had reworked. Of course, I'd have to pay for and retake the courses that went with books, in order to buy them, plus pay a new $2500 membership fee.

I didn't have any Scientology books any more, but if I had, I wouldn't have given them back. It would be interesting to go through all L Ron's old books and compare them with David Miscaviages new "tech".

But it isn’t just artistic expression that Scientology ruins, says Beghe, but followers’ financial and mental health. Beghe himself estimates that he spent nearly $1 million on courses and auditing sessions during his 12 years with the church. The costs to his mental health, he says, were even more devastating.

It is Beghe’s opinion that mind control is “the primary tool the church uses to solicit devotion from its members,” keeping members on The Bridge–the ever-more-expensive auditing process for attaining the highest Operating Thetan level (OT VIII), to put it simply–and that “the further you go up in Scientology, the more enslaved you are.”

Read more: www.beliefnet.com...

edit on 22-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

They came to get your books? That's cold. And your money too please. Which books did they rework, or reedit? All of them, some of the ones I mentioned, etc., do you have some kind of list? I'd assume that someone somewhere has a listing for what has been changed/improved/deleted. Thanks. My favorite on one level is 'Self-Analysis', and when I gave it to a friend who had bouts of depression she worked on it for many hours, and ended up calling it her bible. It should be handed out in hotel rooms like they do with the "real" bible (if I were heading up scientology that's one of the things I'd do). The one I had long ago was yellow with a picture of a tiny dog on it, I think it was a snowzer (spelled wrong, but it's a word I've never spelled).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join