It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, separation of ideas individually from themselves and their host and from baby boomers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: onequestion

I think that if you "flesh out" a topic, give it dimension, then any response you give with possibly be more accurate.

And using a "filter" may help with that.

What's flesh out and give it dimension mean?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

a reply to: onequestion

I think that if you "flesh out" a topic, give it dimension, then any response you give with possibly be more accurate.

And using a "filter" may help with that.

What's flesh out and give it dimension mean?

When I reply to an OP, I don't just try to answer the question or topic, I try to think of the potential responses to my post, kind of like playing chess. I try to think 3 posts ahead.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ahh I see. So instead of waiting for them I should just take care of it already in the op.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ahh I see. So instead of waiting for them I should just take care of it already in the op.

Anticipate the counter argument by thinking against your stance.

If I'm doing a topic on pro-cheese on baked potatoes, then I'd also think (while writing my response) as if I was arguing against cheese on potatoes. Thereby countering any responses before they even reply.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Anticipate the counter argument by thinking against your stance.

If I'm doing a topic on pro-cheese on baked potatoes, then I'd also think (while writing my response) as if I was arguing against cheese on potatoes. Thereby countering any responses before they even reply.

Hmm I'll have to try that a few times.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think that we are largely unable to be completely objective- though we can try and get as close as possible.
But in the end, our perception is always influenced by who we are, by our history, the associations our brains make with that which is observed.

I think it is interesting to listen to different perception of an event or topic.

The purely objective facts are pretty meaningless and dry- it is the subjective views of it which give it multiple dimensions.

Even a view which you might want to call "stupid", if you listen further, to the reasoning and backgrounds which gave birth to the perspective, it becomes fascinating to see that it often has it's own rationale, that is valid within their world view... it is only stupid if seen through mine- which is, of course, taking it out of context.

Stick a polar bear in the middle of a desert scene, it looks silly, but leave it in it's natural habitat and look at it again....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join