It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really praying to advanced flesh and blood beings who might actually be listening?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know the connections between religious experience and historical events have been discussed and disected to death but I was lying in an insomniac stupor last night thinking about something. By most accounts (if these beings do exist) they communicate via telepathy. Is it at all possible that throughout history, and even now, these beings could have/be in, select circumstances, responding to our innermost pleas for help, guidance, etc.?

It could also account for some of the "guardian angel" mythology. Perhaps some are chosen to be watched and protected for one reason or another. For example the stories surrounding George Washington and his ability to come through battles unscathed. Apparently those present claimed you could see dust fly from the bullets whizzing past his clothing but he never fell. It was so astonishing that the Indian chiefs thought him immortal. Could it be that he and others have been "protected" to advance the species?

Are we really praying to flesh and blood advanced beings who just might be listening?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Quantum entanglement with the divine could be one answer.

Subconscious link to the fundamental energies of creation and destruction could be another.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I lean more towards the possibilities based on the non metaphysical or spiritual.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No, I am not praying to our cats. They just run the house and we are their slaves. They are not gods.

Guardian Angels protecting George Washington? He chopped down the families cherry tree, he seems to have been a pain in the _______
edit on 21-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Flesh and blood beings are probably not really that advanced and also somewhat limited with regards to exploration of the universe. Plus we wear out get old and eventually die.

I imagine any omnipotent being would be comprised of some form of energy.

As to whether or not they actually listen to our prayers? We don't attempt to listen to the plights or demands of ants or insects. One has to wonder if any such deity/deities may very well view humanity in a similar fashion.
edit on 21-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The cherry tree story has been thoroughly debunked.

Why is your av a photo of poop on a stick?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
thats a possibility , maybe a higher level godlike creator spirit? the universe?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
thats a possibility , maybe a higher level godlike creator spirit? the universe?

No.

I'm not talking about some new bastardized religious nonsense. I'm taking about flesh and blood living breathing creatures with technological and mental abilities far beyond our little earthling human comprehension. Not some magical sky-daddy with a wand creating life cuz he's bored.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

The 'creator god' thing doesn't work. Itwould have to be outside of the 'creation' to 'create' it.

Check out buddhist writings - they've sussed this out for 2,500 years on top of who knows how many hindu years working the question.

One recent one I'm looking forward to reading is

"The Quantum and the Lotus: A Journey to the Frontiers Where Science and Buddhism Meet, with Trinh Xuan Thuan" by Mathieu Ricard.

www.matthieuricard.org...

When Matthieu Ricard and Trinh Thuan met at an academic conference in the summer of 1997, they began discussing the many remarkable connections between the teachings of Buddhism and the findings of recent science. That conversation grew into an astonishing correspondence exploring a series of fascinating questions. Did the universe have a beginning? Or is our universe one in a series of infinite universes with no end and no beginning? Is the concept of a beginning of time fundamentally flawed? Might our perception of time in fact be an illusion, a phenomenon created in our brains that has no ultimate reality? Is the stunning fine-tuning of the universe, which has produced just the right conditions for life to evolve, a sign that a “principle of creation” is at work in our world? If such a principle of creation undergirds the workings of the universe, what does that tell us about whether or not there is a divine Creator? How does the radical interpretation of reality offered by quantum physics conform to and yet differ from the Buddhist conception of reality? What is consciousness and how did it evolve? Can consciousness exist apart from a brain generating it?

Sounds facinating, no?
edit on 21-10-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

They can assume human form
They have technology hundreds of years in advance to ours
They can manipulate time,space and for that matter most humans
They have advanced occult powers and high order magic

......and I have a sneaking suspicion you know this already.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

maybe
somepeople might be communicating with lovedones in heaven or whatever belief system there using

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Can you imagine the horror?

Millions of beseeching messages every second, some of them to save lives in imminent danger, others for the likes of the mundane like lost keys and 'Dear Santa' type requests....

All from people who willfully disregard the most basic of written rules, even after you went to the trouble of writing them down in stone and stuff.

If I were a God (or a reasonable facsimile), I wouldn't answer any requests from people who were wearing a gold plated replica of a torture device around their necks as a piece of jewelry - that right there would cut back on the cacophony. I also wouldn't answer any request from anyone who would believe anything silly like 'I died for your sins'; what a concept! Humans would be amusing if they weren't so perfectly inane.

We should do a poll - how many prayers have you had answered? And how many of those answers were 'yes'...? And how many were peals of laughter from the Universe?

Something tells me the poll results would indicate that not only is there no 'god' in the Biblical sense - he's been replaced by a Joker of galactic proportions. Perhaps the real prayer 'listeners' are spirit-beings stuck in their own personal purgatory?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well if they're "listening" they should turn their receiver up a little louder. I've been shouting at them for years without so much as a peep.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
No, I am not praying to our cats. They just run the house and we are their slaves. They are not gods.

Guardian Angels protecting George Washington? He chopped down the families cherry tree, he seems to have been a pain in the _______

Aren't the ones in charge usually considered to be the gods...in your case the cats?
You know, they are alot like women, they know exactly how to manipulate you without lifting a finger or using a cross word. True, their technique is different but you must admit--as you just did--they have their act down to be a science.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

If they have all these powers one has to wonder as to there interest regarding humanity? I mean it's not like we could offer them anything other than our worship and adoration, concepts I imagine any race with such powers would have shed long, long ago. And it's not like they would require us as a slave race considering they can manifest there own will. What possible interest could humanity pose to any omnipotent being or beings?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Energy-they are vampires they live off strong and powerful emotions such as fear,the Matrix movies and the movie Dark City are closer to the truth than most might think.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What you are describing are the Archons if I'm not mistaken?

Why harvest our energy through? considering for all intents and purposes there are an infinite amount of stars that output in one second more energy than humanity has ever produced. Also if there omnipotent energy is not an issue.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes they are the generals that run the various false realities religious,political,social etc,watchers,evil angels theres many names and types of things out there.I dont know all the reasons but I have had several encounters with these beings and do know if they take an interest in an area with say a timeline fold or other intervention they have the same degree of control as an advanced video game-
edit on 21-10-2014 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think we pull rare eath metals we mine and leave everything on the the ground ripe for the pickings. I wonder if mars was the same way a slave race once lived there and did the same thing until all of there efforts were collected. And they were killed or may brought here the speculation is endless but considering the grandscale all of these points are just as valid. After all we are on a floating rock spinning around a hydrogen ball of fire.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

But what possible agenda or objective could they have regarding us considering there omnipotent?

Personally I think theres more of a chance of us all being Boltzmann brains trapped intensionaly or otherwise in a 3 dimensional scenario of our own creation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join